Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

New Features that you could add to the game!

Give us your ideas here.

New Features that you could add to the game!

Postby ImCrankedOut » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:12 am

When I was younger I used to play the Original Pokemon Crater back in 2005-2007 and after it got shut down I never knew after all these years that it was brought back up, I found out about this game a little over a week ago by searching for the Original and this came up, you guys made me remember why I loved this game so much, it's such a unique game compared to others.

Through out playing this game I've noticed that there are some things that could be updated, mostly small things but when they all add up, it would make a huge difference in my opinion.

I'm sure a lot of us would love to see a big update... It would make everyone want to play this game even more and it would give this great game a brand new feel to it.

Who ever is reading this post, give me some feedback on these ideas, tell me why you think it would be a good idea or a bad idea if any of these changes were added to game, let me know.

#1: Gold Pokemon
The Gold Pokemon in this game have two different textures, the first one has a solid gold texture and the second one looks like a really bright yellow instead of being actual gold, I think the pokemon would look a lot cleaner if they were all changed to the solid gold texture, it looks really nice and well done.

Examples:
Solid Gold: Serperior
Bright Yellow: Charizard

#2: Ghost Pokemon
The Ghost Pokemon in this game are extremely poor detailed, most of them you can't even see what kind of pokemon they are, instead of trying to add new kinds of special pokemon into the game, to me it would seem like a better idea to start from scratch with making a new texture for the ghost specials... Personally I think it would be interesting if they all looked like ghost versions of themselfs, it seems like a really cool concept but I know that would be a lot of work for you guys.

#3: Map Packs
There should be more maps added to the game, it would make the game more playable and enjoyable for everyone, different envirements such as Sand, Snow, Ice and Lava etc... This way you could add more pokemon into the game and change up the layout of the pokemon that are on the current maps that we have, you could add five maps for each new environment, we'd love that.

#4: Trading System
When you put a pokemon up for trade, there should be a option of adding a "Pricetag" to it, that way you could let people know how much you want to sell it for, it would make trading a lot easier, you wouldn't have to constantly ask for prices or wait for them to respond. With this feature being added to the game you would be able to buy pokemon that are up for trade without waiting for the other player to accept your trade, it would be a faster process.

#5: Trading System
There could also be a new feature which allows you to put your pokemon up for trade as "Not For Sale", there's a lot of players that like to show off the pokemon they have so they put them up for trade, this feature could let buyers know when they click on "Make an Offer" that this pokemon is currently not for sale.

#6: Trading System
When you make offers for trades it would be nice to see what kind of pokemon you're trying to buy in "My Offline Trades", instead of just saying "Made in Reply to Trade Offer".

#7: Lotto Shop
The money that most players have on this game is up in the tens of millions, there should be a bigger prize for winning the lottery, for most players it's not even worth participating in the lottery because the winnings are to small, there is a lot of different ways that you could improve this.

There could be a One Million Dollar Bonus in addition to the amount of money from the tickets that were purchased.

There is also the option of raising the ticket price to $1,000 instead of $200, more players would participate in the lottery if there was more money going into it, just think about it.

#8: Battle Trainers
When I first started this game I didn't know which trainers to beat because there were to many to choose from, it would seem like a better idea to start everyone out in "Kanto" instead of "Unova" for the beginners because of gaining access to "The Hollow Fields" map... This isn't a important fix, this is more of a suggestion to help out the new players to the game.

#9: Achievements
I like the Achievements in this game because they give you something extra to do, it would be nice to have a progress bar for each achievment so you could see how close you are to getting one.

#10: Clicking Names
There's a small and kind of annoying issue when you click on a players name while you're searching on the maps, their names won't go away unless you switch maps or capture/faint a pokemon, a simple fix for this issue would be adding an "x" to exit out of it or you could just click on the movement arrows and it would close out of it automatically.

These are some ideas that I had for Pokemon Crater, hopefully you liked a few of them, with or without these updates, this game would still be really fun to play and that's the most important thing, these are all suggestions, let me know if any of these ideas could happen in the future, thanks for your time and consideration, I hope to hear back from you soon!
ImCrankedOut
Trainers
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:03 pm
Forum Pokedex:   7 Seen

Re: New Features that you could add to the game!

Postby Rem » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:24 am

ImCrankedOut wrote:#1: Gold Pokemon
The Gold Pokemon in this game have two different textures, the first one has a solid gold texture and the second one looks like a really bright yellow instead of being actual gold, I think the pokemon would look a lot cleaner if they were all changed to the solid gold texture, it looks really nice and well done.


Yeah we know they're all mixed, not sure if it'll be fixed in the future or not but I support it.

ImCrankedOut wrote:#4: Trading System
When you put a pokemon up for trade, there should be a option of adding a "Pricetag" to it, that way you could let people know how much you want to sell it for, it would make trading a lot easier, you wouldn't have to constantly ask for prices or wait for them to respond. With this feature being added to the game you would be able to buy pokemon that are up for trade without waiting for the other player to accept your trade, it would be a faster process.


I like the idea of a pricetag, as it would make trading a whole lot easier and less frustrating trying to decide on what to offer for Pokemon.

ImCrankedOut wrote:#5: Trading System
There could also be a new feature which allows you to put your pokemon up for trade as "Not For Sale", there's a lot of players that like to show off the pokemon they have so they put them up for trade, this feature could let buyers know when they click on "Make an Offer" that this pokemon is currently not for sale.


It's pointless putting pokemon up for trade anyway just to show off :p that's what the party is for. However, it would be neat to have another page added to peoples profiles entitled "Gallery" where you can see the users prized possessions.

ImCrankedOut wrote:#7: Lotto Shop
The money that most players have on this game is up in the tens of millions, there should be a bigger prize for winning the lottery, for most players it's not even worth participating in the lottery because the winnings are to small, there is a lot of different ways that you could improve this.


There are tons of users in the billions category, so giving more money would just add more mayhem and the economy will suffer. Changing the amount to $1000 may be a good idea, but the again the newer players don't have that much money to begin with so chances of winning are low, and therefore they'd get frustrated and perhaps leave.

ImCrankedOut wrote:#8: Battle Trainers
When I first started this game I didn't know which trainers to beat because there were to many to choose from, it would seem like a better idea to start everyone out in "Kanto" instead of "Unova" for the beginners because of gaining access to "The Hollow Fields" map... This isn't a important fix, this is more of a suggestion to help out the new players to the game.


I'm not sure what you mean about everyone starting out in Unova, however I do absolutely love the idea of making people have to fight through each region in order to unlock the next :)

ImCrankedOut wrote:#9: Achievements
I like the Achievements in this game because they give you something extra to do, it would be nice to have a progress bar for each achievment so you could see how close you are to getting one.


For some of the achievements such as fighting the Bulbasaurs and Magikarp, you can check the pokedex to see how many times you defeated that pokemon.
As for the others that include having 750 originally owned pokemon, well the progress bar would come in handy.

ImCrankedOut wrote:#10: Clicking Names
There's a small and kind of annoying issue when you click on a players name while you're searching on the maps, their names won't go away unless you switch maps or capture/faint a pokemon, a simple fix for this issue would be adding an "x" to exit out of it or you could just click on the movement arrows and it would close out of it automatically.


I think this has been suggested before, and I'm not sure on what the admins answered on that, but I like this idea too.
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
User avatar
Rem
The Howling Ghost
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:23 am
Location: Wisconsin
Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Re: New Features that you could add to the game!

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:05 am

ImCrankedOut wrote:#1: Gold Pokemon
The Gold Pokemon in this game have two different textures, the first one has a solid gold texture and the second one looks like a really bright yellow instead of being actual gold, I think the pokemon would look a lot cleaner if they were all changed to the solid gold texture, it looks really nice and well done.

Examples:
Solid Gold: Serperior
Bright Yellow: Charizard

I've seen mixed opinions of the 2 gold versions and you're the first person I've seen who favored the gen 5 gold set over the earlier ones. Changing all the sprites to conform to one shade or another will be very easy (for me anyways) because the golds here were created using a method that could be batch converted, but picking the one that would be the main one has yet to be decided. I think it would be a good idea to have people vote for which gold version they choose then have it applied to all the others (IF Sharks would be in the mood to actually upload all of those sprites :p )


ImCrankedOut wrote:#2: Ghost Pokemon
The Ghost Pokemon in this game are extremely poor detailed, most of them you can't even see what kind of pokemon they are, instead of trying to add new kinds of special pokemon into the game, to me it would seem like a better idea to start from scratch with making a new texture for the ghost specials... Personally I think it would be interesting if they all looked like ghost versions of themselfs, it seems like a really cool concept but I know that would be a lot of work for you guys.

Would you give an example of the new ghost special design you had in mind? I'm always interested in improving images.


ImCrankedOut wrote:#3: Map Packs
There should be more maps added to the game, it would make the game more playable and enjoyable for everyone, different envirements such as Sand, Snow, Ice and Lava etc... This way you could add more pokemon into the game and change up the layout of the pokemon that are on the current maps that we have, you could add five maps for each new environment, we'd love that.

When you say "add more Pokemon" do you mean add things like fakemon and forms, or do you mean something along the lines of extending the generations featured in the game?


ImCrankedOut wrote:#4: Trading System
When you put a pokemon up for trade, there should be a option of adding a "Pricetag" to it, that way you could let people know how much you want to sell it for, it would make trading a lot easier, you wouldn't have to constantly ask for prices or wait for them to respond. With this feature being added to the game you would be able to buy pokemon that are up for trade without waiting for the other player to accept your trade, it would be a faster process.

This one is another nice idea, I feel like this used to exist as a note feature and if I'm not mistaken it was removed because people used to scam players who were not paying attention by typing money into the note field and trying to pass it off as offers. I still think this is a good idea though, as long as there was a way to make sure players see a noticeable difference between a note and an offer (such as notes having a yellow background and blue text or something)


ImCrankedOut wrote:#5: Trading System
There could also be a new feature which allows you to put your pokemon up for trade as "Not For Sale", there's a lot of players that like to show off the pokemon they have so they put them up for trade, this feature could let buyers know when they click on "Make an Offer" that this pokemon is currently not for sale.

I would support this if it didn't have anything to do with the trading system because the purpose of the trading system is to trade stuff :p It sounds like you're thinking of a gallery. I imagine it being on a different page and having an appearance like the trades page except no offer and accept button.


ImCrankedOut wrote:#6: Trading System
When you make offers for trades it would be nice to see what kind of pokemon you're trying to buy in "My Offline Trades", instead of just saying "Made in Reply to Trade Offer".

Do you mean make it only visible to you or anyone who clicks on your trade would be able to see what you offered on?


ImCrankedOut wrote:#7: Lotto Shop
The money that most players have on this game is up in the tens of millions, there should be a bigger prize for winning the lottery, for most players it's not even worth participating in the lottery because the winnings are to small, there is a lot of different ways that you could improve this.

There could be a One Million Dollar Bonus in addition to the amount of money from the tickets that were purchased.

There is also the option of raising the ticket price to $1,000 instead of $200, more players would participate in the lottery if there was more money going into it, just think about it.

Raising the ticket price would be something interesting to look in to. It was an idea that was considered in the past (but was put on hold to observe how the current lotto page settings went).


ImCrankedOut wrote:#8: Battle Trainers
When I first started this game I didn't know which trainers to beat because there were to many to choose from, it would seem like a better idea to start everyone out in "Kanto" instead of "Unova" for the beginners because of gaining access to "The Hollow Fields" map... This isn't a important fix, this is more of a suggestion to help out the new players to the game.

I think the Unova trainers were placed first because they were the newest additions, but since a year or so has passed, I agree that it would make more sense to have the Kanto gym leaders returned to be the first page loaded on the Battle Trainers page.


ImCrankedOut wrote:#9: Achievements
I like the Achievements in this game because they give you something extra to do, it would be nice to have a progress bar for each achievment so you could see how close you are to getting one.

The closest thing we have right now is having it display how far along you are with the collections are (if you click on the link and attempt to collect the prize before you have everything), but a visual representation of progress would always be welcomed by me.


ImCrankedOut wrote:#10: Clicking Names
There's a small and kind of annoying issue when you click on a players name while you're searching on the maps, their names won't go away unless you switch maps or capture/faint a pokemon, a simple fix for this issue would be adding an "x" to exit out of it or you could just click on the movement arrows and it would close out of it automatically.

This is often suggested and something I think would be really good for lazy people like me, but I'm not sure if we were given any dev opinion on if it would be considered.

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!
(since he's pretty much the only active mod here)


Image

User avatar
PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:51 am
Location: The middle of the Pacific Ocean
Forum Pokedex:   555 Seen

Re: New Features that you could add to the game!

Postby Sharks » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:37 pm

That's a comprehensible list. I'm ready to upload the golden or metal if they are fixed. And I have changed the default gym leaders to Kanto.
About the maps, we have an update coming up sometime. Hint hint.

And we had trade notes. Players used to put rubbish stuff and try to advertise, so it was taken off. And I'll try to implement some changes this weekend.
Think we're mobile friendly too, it was being worked on

Thanks!
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member
 
Posts: 3217
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:37 am
Location: Bot-o-world
Forum Pokedex:   465 Seen


Return to PBA Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron