Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Daily contests?

Give us your ideas here.

Daily contests?

Postby Sharks » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:21 am

How about daily contests? Apart from challenges. Like catch a Pokemon X times? Also let me know what you think should be the reward.
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   465 Seen

Re: Daily contests?

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:23 am

Sharks wrote:How about daily contests? Apart from challenges. Like catch a Pokemon X times? Also let me know what you think should be the reward.

Yeah i agree there should be more types of contests etc , I think it should be called collection machine and you should be able to get a random shiny/void legy if you collect a pokemon a certain amount of time and you would have to trade them in to obtain it (you will loose pokies).
Current Global Rank: 2 Points: 4283.86
Current Goal: G̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶3̶6̶0̶0̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶1̶s̶t̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
Current Uniques: 3600 , 0 Uniques Left. Current place in unique top trainer board : 1. #Completed
Check my trades shop viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23148
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   419 Seen

Postby theashman83 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:30 am

pkemnmasterdestroyer wrote:Yeah i agree there should be more types of contests etc , I think it should be called collection machine and you should be able to get a random shiny/void legy if you collect a pokemon a certain amount of time and you would have to trade them in to obtain it (you will loose pokies).

You've just taken that straight from another RPG that you play >.> Somehow, although the idea is good, I don't think it will go down well with the people behind said game.

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby Sharks » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:39 am

theashman83 wrote:
pkemnmasterdestroyer wrote:Yeah i agree there should be more types of contests etc , I think it should be called collection machine and you should be able to get a random shiny/void legy if you collect a pokemon a certain amount of time and you would have to trade them in to obtain it (you will loose pokies).

You've just taken that straight from another RPG that you play >.> Somehow, although the idea is good, I don't think it will go down well with the people behind said game.

Which game has it? Wasn't aware. If so, we can just ditch this, no problem. Thanks for pointing it out though!
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   465 Seen

Postby theashman83 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:06 am

When you say Daily Contests, are we talking things like the Lotto Shop which only reward one user per day, or tasks such as the Daily Challenge when any user can reap the rewards once the requirements are met?

If it's the latter, perhaps a different type of task each day? Catch X number of Y Pokémon on Day 1, acquire Z number of battle wins on Day 2, evolve V number of Pokémon on Day 3, etc. We don't have to limit it to just one repetitive task such as the Daily Challenge. It would provide a sense of adrenaline, not knowing what challenge will need completing the next day. Obviously, you could code a specific sequence (similar to how Goldens/Voids are chosen as donation Pokémon I guess), but to everyone else it would appear random. :p

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:56 pm

sounds like it'd have the same amount of popularity as the challenge feature does unless u did something to make it more interesting there has to actually be something to motivate a user to actually do the new features that you add, ex: most challenges completed on highscores too ;3 or like i had on my idea page add a new feature to make this new feature more desirable however on this idea I don't think anything u do will make it worth it becaause catching x amount of pokemon will always be the thing that botters do mostly and the other players giveup because the botters do it faster sooo won't work nice idea though
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Somewhat related to this: Is there a way to get the Battle Arena Competitions section up and working again? This thread sounds somewhat similar to what used to run there.

Sharks wrote:
theashman83 wrote:

Which game has it? Wasn't aware. If so, we can just ditch this, no problem. Thanks for pointing it out though!

There are several games that employ the above with a name similar to or exactly called "collection machine"; it's not a unique idea. However, I can't name them here for obvious reasons, hehe.

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!
(since he's pretty much the only active mod here)

PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   555 Seen

Return to PBA Ideas