Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

My Profile Idea.

Give us your ideas here.

My Profile Idea.

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:01 am

This idea would reduce donation scams , here's my idea , when you view a profile it should show how much money they have because there has been alot of money scams.
Current Global Rank: 2 Points: 4283.86
Current Goal: G̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶3̶6̶0̶0̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶1̶s̶t̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
Current Uniques: 3600 , 0 Uniques Left. Current place in unique top trainer board : 1. #Completed
Check my trades shop viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23148
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   419 Seen

Re: My Profile Idea.

Postby theashman83 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:14 am

Personally, I don't like this. For me, it would feel like too much of an invasion of my privacy. Not too mention all the trouble it would cause with trades:

User X: Can I buy [Pokémon] for 3m?
User Z: No way, you have so much money you could easily afford 6m for it
User X: But that's way too overpriced!
User Z: Doesn't matter, you can still afford it

And so on...

Note: The above scenario may seem a bit extreme, but it would become quite common.

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:30 pm

theashman83 wrote:Personally, I don't like this. For me, it would feel like too much of an invasion of my privacy. Not too mention all the trouble it would cause with trades:

User X: Can I buy [Pokémon] for 3m?
User Z: No way, you have so much money you could easily afford 6m for it
User X: But that's way too overpriced!
User Z: Doesn't matter, you can still afford it

And so on...

Note: The above scenario may seem a bit extreme, but it would become quite common.

What would you rather do , get ripped off a few mil or get scammed for a few HUNDRED mil?
Current Global Rank: 2 Points: 4283.86
Current Goal: G̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶3̶6̶0̶0̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶1̶s̶t̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
Current Uniques: 3600 , 0 Uniques Left. Current place in unique top trainer board : 1. #Completed
Check my trades shop viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23148
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   419 Seen

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:46 pm

I don't see how displaying how much money a person has would reduce scams because they are supposed to offer on your stuff or pay you in advance for donations first. If they pay you in advance it is obvious they will have the money.

Most scams/donation scams involved "payment plans" (paying a small amount of money every week or so over a set amount of time), "pay half now and then pay half later" (which I nicknamed half-deposits) or the donator running off with the payment. I don't know why people agree to payment plans or half-deposits because most of them end up not getting fully paid, but during my investigations, 98% of the time the scammers have more than enough money to pay for the thing in full, they just don't because they are trying to hoard money. For donation scams, the amount of money on a person's profile wouldn't matter anyways because they were supposed to donate through the donation system, not by in game money. If a donator is donating before they are paid and are scammed that way then they didn't think this through. Always ask for the in game payment first before giving the friend donations.

And I agree with Ash that this would more than likely increase the amount of people bugging you to buy something just because you have money sitting on your account.

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!
(since he's pretty much the only active mod here)

PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   555 Seen

Return to PBA Ideas