Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

A Possible Change to PBA

Give us your ideas here.

A Possible Change to PBA

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Introduction: Right now on PBA there is a debate to bring back the old yard system and the community is almost split in half, with a 50/50 standing on the yes and no sidesides respectively. So Ash, Sherlock, Termes, Ryushi and myself took it upon ourselves to talk over a different compromise to make every person happy but still make a great change to this game. I want you, as the reader and a player of PBA, to carefully read all aspects of this thread and give an honest opinion of how you feel about our ideas. We want change and we want to see people being more active, and most importantly for the economy to go back towards what it once was.

What changes will be made?
We would like the map encounter rates of pokemon upped again (back to what they used to be).

The yard encounter rate cap should be lifted. What does this mean? It means with every addition of a specific poke to the yard that pokes encounter rate goes up by a certain percentage (thought of by you Sharks). Also we would like for it to be that when you add a special pokemon the encounter rate of specials goes up by .02% yielding a 20% encounter rate cap if you add a yard of 1000 specials which is very unlikely but if someone did it would yield great reward for them. Most importantly keep the yards permanent.

Since the yard encounter rate still is going to be harder to find legys because the rate wasn't heightened much we thought we should add a "LEGY-ONLY" MAP. "What is this?" This is a map of 1-5th gen legys. "How will this help we can just make a yard?" Since the map encounter rate goes back to normal if this petition is passed it will be a lot easier to find specials on a map rather than in yards so you will find more special legys on this map than in a yard. "How is this different from (Free_Legy_Yard/Nexus/Ash)'s yard?" Well, if Sharks can code this we thought that he could add "alternate form events" so every hour a different form pokemon appears (1 hour deo forms appear, the next hour therian forms appear, the next hour zenith forms appear, etc.) making the map unique and giving people great incentive to go there (the way in which this is done could easily be changed from forms of a specific category to individual forms, such as just Landorus (Therian) for an hour instead of all Therians for an hour). "But W0LF3 we can't just give a map like this away to people it'll crash the economy???" No, it won't! We propose that to get this map you must beat every NPC (trainer) 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3 except Furious Master (simulating how in regular pokemon games you must beat all gyms and elite 4 to unlock legendary pokemon), and only after you defeat all of those as the achievement you unlock the map in the credit shop and can then purchase it for 50 credits.

Lastly, to stimulate the economy again we suggest to implement 6th gen pokemon into the game. But, with 6th gen pokemon make them only able to be catchable on maps and not releasable into yards (like skymin Shaymin Sky Form), keeping their encounter rates similar (or perhaps slightly more common) to those that 5th gens had when first released a few at a time. This will maintain their rarity because no one will be able to farm countless specials/normals in mass yards. Therefore keeping the price of the 6th gens up and encouraging trading because not everyone will be able to find every normal/special 6th gen on the maps.

Conclusion: So that is our proposal, we would like to hear your feedback. Unfortunately I cannot create a poll due to myself not being upper staff, so if you agree with this new change type "I agree" in a response to this thread and tell us why, if you don't agree type "I don't agree" and again tell us why you don't. This could be a good change for PBA, it will encourage more people to buy yard access with keeping yards perm but raising the encounter caps on yards, it will encourage more trading/buying/selling because of 6th gens and legy-only map and it will encourage more people to be more active having to beat all the trainers to unlock the legy-only map. I really hope you guys agree with us please take your time and read this whole thing so you understand it fully before you vote.

Again to "vote" on this type below "I agree with this" or "I don't agree with this" and tell us the reasons why you do or don't.

Thank you guys and gals,

W0LF3, Ash, Ryushi, Termes and Sherlock

Disclaimer: Even if there is an immensely positive response to this thread, there is no guarantee of any of it being implemented. This is simply our suggestions of what we think should be done as opposed to the solutions offered in the current debate.
Last edited by W0LF3M4N_trainer on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   226 Seen

Re: A Possible Change to PBA

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:48 pm

I agree to this because it would be a massive improvement to the Pokémon Battle Arena site and I hope that Sharks reading this as it is a good point. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Current Global Rank: 2 Points: 4283.86
Current Goal: G̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶3̶6̶0̶0̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶1̶s̶t̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
Current Uniques: 3600 , 0 Uniques Left. Current place in unique top trainer board : 1. #Completed
Check my trades shop viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23148
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   419 Seen

You have encountered a wild burungeru!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby Chromohit » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:56 pm

I agree with this idea. It saves economy and i most likely agree because of the legy only map :P . But really tbh i liked the idea and think that implementing this would make the game more fun also (all play games for fun only). The one hour idea was what i liked after legy map idea, it will be fun for others to defeat all npc's to unlock the map. But I have a query, do we have to defeat staff members too to unlock the legy map if this idea co-incidently gets implemented? And 6 gens aren't released yet so how will their legys will come on maps?
No one is a born champion, you have to make your way through the world.

Credits to me for the banner and the avi.
Click here to check out my shop.
Click here to join the giveaway of souls.
Chromohit
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   236 Seen

Postby Ryushi » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:59 pm

I agree with this .. If these changes do go live, it wont just make everyone happy (referring to the people who are currently caught up in a YES-NO war with PP's poll in Forums related to yard expiry system being brought back) it would also be an efficient way to save the economy (which has been a cause of concern over my tenure of 4 years in PBA) and providing the players with new challenges.

W0LF3M4N_trainer wrote:Disclaimer: Even if there is an immensely positive response to this thread, there is no guarantee of any of it being implemented. This is simply our suggestions of what we think should be done as opposed to the solutions offered in the current debate.

I hope Sharks reads this and finds it interesting. An overwhelming response to this might just increase the chances of these being implemented in LIVE 8)
The All- Enormous gold Guide with up to date prices --> viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22443

Checkout what I am buying --> viewtopic.php?f=39&t=21691&start=0
Ryushi
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   513 Seen

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:00 pm

Chromohit wrote:I agree with this idea. It saves economy and i most likely agree because of the legy only map :P . But really tbh i liked the idea and think that implementing this would make the game more fun also (all play games for fun only). The one hour idea was what i liked after legy map idea, it will be fun for others to defeat all npc's to unlock the map. But I have a query, do we have to defeat staff members too to unlock the legy map if this idea co-incidently gets implemented? And 6 gens aren't released yet so how will their legys will come on maps?

Thank you for your input… As for your questions if this does get implemented as of now yes you'll have to beat the staff if we decide that is to difficult we can easily change that. But as for the 6th gens when they are released into the game the legys will be added to the maps that they need to be added to :p
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers

Postby LOK_LAMBERT » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:10 pm

I agree with this.Gaming will become more fun in pba if this is implemented. (People play games for entertainment).
LOK_LAMBERT
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   67 Seen

Postby Mickerrs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:28 pm

This is a great idea.. i think this would benefit many players and also players will be more inclined to rejoin pba as it will bring interest to old or new players. also i think it would make the game abit more unique as (im not 100%) not many or no other pokemon games have this. i think also once players on other pokemon games see this/these updates they would prefer to play this one rather than the current game they play. i hope this will be atleast thought about and added as it could benefit many people. -Reck
<<~#Original.Reckkk#~>> Never apologize for what you feel, its like saying sorry for being real..
Mickerrs
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   105 Seen

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Mickerrs wrote:This is a great idea.. i think this would benefit many players and also players will be more inclined to rejoin pba as it will bring interest to old or new players. also i think it would make the game abit more unique as (im not 100%) not many or no other pokemon games have this. i think also once players on other pokemon games see this/these updates they would prefer to play this one rather than the current game they play. i hope this will be atleast thought about and added as it could benefit many people. -Reck

Thanks for the great feedback. This is exactly our reasoning for doing this. To make the game more fun, to stimulate the economy again and to separate this game as the best pokemon game on the internet to draw in a bigger crowd.
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers

Postby harman19 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:52 pm

Some very nice ideas suggested by everyone . I think yard making needs to get bit more difficult e.g releasing 2-5 pages of normal pokes should not make em easily available in yards rather than a good farm of atleast 30-35 pages should make it bearable to search there . This way , it encourages people to make 50and 100 page yards and also make them search more for normals in maps. This way , the reward for the yards are ample if they get to completion .

Currently whats happening is , people release 2 pages of say ( Caterpie ) and they can easily recatch from it. Make it 10 pages and u ll have enough farm to catch specials from it permanently. This should not happen.

As you add more pokemons and more specials , encounter rates should rise slowly . And only when you have sufficient amount ( 40-45 pages for normals and 80+ for rares and leggies ) , the benefit of yard making should come through .Atm , there is just too many anomalies with yard encounter rates and it should be abolished.
<Sherlock> i was talking to katey just now . Couldnt believe tht she was real.
<TaylorSwift> who is katey
<Sherlock> so I pinched myself and now i am awake.
<Sherlock> funny dreams.
<Bohemia> Shes shinyteddi's imaginary gf
<Bohemia> >_>
<Sherlock> x.X
<TaylorSwift> much better than John-117's imaginary game
<Sherlock> lmao
<Bohemia> Lol
<Sherlock> this is funny i gonna ss this.
harman19
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   272 Seen

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:04 pm

harman19 wrote:Some very nice ideas suggested by everyone . I think yard making needs to get bit more difficult e.g releasing 2-5 pages of normal pokes should not make em easily available in yards rather than a good farm of atleast 30-35 pages should make it bearable to search there . This way , it encourages people to make 50and 100 page yards and also make them search more for normals in maps. This way , the reward for the yards are ample if they get to completion .

Currently whats happening is , people release 2 pages of say ( Caterpie ) and they can easily recatch from it. Make it 10 pages and u ll have enough farm to catch specials from it permanently. This should not happen.

As you add more pokemons and more specials , encounter rates should rise slowly . And only when you have sufficient amount ( 40-45 pages for normals and 80+ for rares and leggies ) , the benefit of yard making should come through .Atm , there is just too many anomalies with yard encounter rates and it should be abolished.

very true another good suggestion! Thanks for all the help and support sherlock!
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers

Postby Aegaeon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:14 pm

I love this idea! If they don't add the legy map I think the legendary pokes should go back to normal rarity in yards. They're very hard to find now and the cost of specials remained the same. Bringimg them back to the commonness they had before would fix that problem. Also re add voids to credit shop plz? Thanks !

-- Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:18 pm --

Also maybe make "unobs" a but easier to get? I just leanered that the id of the unobakes it rare. So let's say a 7 digit slowing is worth max money vs an 8 digit id slowking is worth let's say 500m for example (don't actually know price) so then why not make unobs catchable? Maybe it takes 1-10 days to catch it. It shouldn't drop the price of old ones, cuz they have a diff ID? If I'm wrong about this lemme know. Just an idea. Gliscor is my 2nd fav poke and I cannot obtain him unless I find a trainer selling one for like 10b $$
Current goals. Dark deoxys 1b exp. 75% done. Void deoxys 1b exp. 27.5% done. Normal rayquaza (mega) 1b exp. 100% done. Shiny deoxys max exp 50ish% done. Unique poke count. 3000. 26.6% done.
Aegaeon
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   42 Seen

Postby sandy108 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:26 pm

1st of all i want to give credits for you guys for coming up with this idea

2nd thing is i agree for yard idea and 6th gen

3rd things is I don agree for Legendary map , you are saying that "Forget" all the leggy maps ever made by every one and make a Credit map containing it ???
It contains all the leggys ???? I have a very bad feeling about this. Its not big deal for many player's to spend 50 credits and Defeat all the NPC's. Soon all special's will become worthless. Again its my personal opinion after playing this game for 4-5 yrs :!
sandy108
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   112 Seen

Postby xerneas » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:53 pm

I agree with this idea completely, even tho, the economy will never be as it was before, but we would totally feel a change. I'd also like more events, not only holiday events, Sharks should make weekly or 2 times in a month event, just to keep the players active and interested. Or maybe a ''hidden mystery pokemon challenge'' where we would need to battle against a particular trainer as much as it is needed untill we get a prize or a pokemon as a gift(everyone would have a different number of battles, so trainers couldn't help each other and tell each other how much they need to battle and stuff)

I hope your idea will become reality because, it really seems as something great and positive for this game.
Also, crossing fingers for nice looking 6th gen pokemon sprites! (I know, I'm obsessed with Pokemon sprites)

A big YES for all of this! :clap: :clap: :clap:

qwedc_
xerneas
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   97 Seen

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:00 pm

sandy108 wrote:1st of all i want to give credits for you guys for coming up with this idea

2nd thing is i agree for yard idea and 6th gen

3rd things is I don agree for Legendary map , you are saying that "Forget" all the leggy maps ever made by every one and make a Credit map containing it ???
It contains all the leggys ???? I have a very bad feeling about this. Its not big deal for many player's to spend 50 credits and Defeat all the NPC's. Soon all special's will become worthless. Again its my personal opinion after playing this game for 4-5 yrs :!

Thank you for your input and support! We aren't saying "forget the legy yards" but if the yard encounter rates are only moderately improved it will still be harder to find legys in a yard. If you create a legy only map with 1-5th gens in it and the map rates are upped you will get better results out of the map rather than the yards. Specials have remained the same price for the last what 2-3 years even back when yards had great encounter rate and now when the encounter rate is terrible. So I don't believe it will crash the special price at all. Also with the addition of the "hourly alternate form events" in the map it makes it very unique and introduces new forms into the game that would not be obtainable without that map.
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers

Postby LeannaMSB » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:44 pm

I agree with this idea. Thought out very nice Gentlemen.

I like this idea because
1.) I like the new idea for the yard encounter rates, providing they stay permanent. This along with the other points brought up would help contribute to a better economy.
2.) Map encounter rates would be good not only for regular players to find pokemon, but for the new players coming into the game it will help keep their interest.
3.) 6th Gen. Which will make the game more interesting. Also, I like the thought that they would not be able to be released into yards. (And again, keep players interest)

~Leanna
LeannaMSB
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   33 Seen

Next

Return to PBA Ideas