Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Warning: Idea-heavy thread

Give us your ideas here.

Postby theashman83 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:51 pm

Hey, Nexus here. Recently, players have been stating that PBA is falling apart and needs some serious updates in order to stay alive. For the most part, I agree with those players. There's so much potential, and so many problems that can easily be fixed. So below is a list of conveniently numbered ideas that I have compiled, comprising of predominantly my ideas, but also those of past and present players:

1. 6th gen
  1. Simply, put them in.
  2. We could make new maps for them like what happened with 5th gens.
  3. Or, we could make them only able to be catchable on maps and not releasable into yards (like Shaymin Sky Form), keeping their encounter rates similar (or perhaps slightly more common) to those that 5th gens had when first released a few at a time. This will maintain their rarity because no one will be able to farm countless specials/normals in mass yards. Therefore keeping the price of the 6th gens up and encouraging trading because not everyone will be able to find every normal/special 6th gen on the maps. (Credits to W0LF3M4N, Ryushi, Termes, myself and Sherlock for this bit)
  4. Fairy type would also have to be implemented.
2. ORAS Mega Evolutions
  1. Self explanatory, put these in alongside the previous batch of Mega Evolutions.
3. Fix the Yard Update
  1. Put the rates back to what they were promised to be
  2. Set the expiration period to 60 days, as it used to be (or allow premium users to have double the time, as they have double the yard capacity)
  3. Basically, people aren't happy with it. Credits to Aegaeon and anyone who's posted in that thread
4. Fix the Attackdex
  1. Sort out all the moves that should work but don't
  2. Sort out the 5th gen movesets
  3. Update 5th gen moves with their proper English names rather than the translated Japanese names
  4. Perhaps actually make a list of all the Attacks that are ingame, like the Itemdex. Would include Power, Type etc.
5. My Collection
  1. Create a new page called My Collection, with the same format as the My Pokédex page, to do a similar job, but that only shows uniques that you currently have.
6. Pokédex
  1. Giratina (Origin) is on the list, yet only currently available as a Golden. Perhaps add all others in this situation (Therian forms, Keldeo Resolute etc.) to the Pokédex so that they can be seen too?
7. Achievements
  1. Create new achievements, such as 1% completion, 5% completion, 10% completion, 25% completion and so on for the My Pokédex page. Rewards could be things like special alternate forms of otherwise unobtainable Pokémon. For example, 1% could be a Shiny Non-A Unown, 5% could be a random non-special Rotom form, 10% a random Arceus form, and 25% a random special Giratina (Origin). Note: This would work best with the My Collection idea in 5.a.
  2. Adding to this, there's the option of having to have 1%, 10%, 25% etc. be originally owned for an added challenge.
  3. Adding 'All Unova Shinies' as an Achievement, with a Golden/Void-unob 5th gen
  4. Eliminating the need for Shiny ubers/unobs for Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Shinies achievements, unless 12.a. is implemented.
  5. By Quimbala - Get 50 Voids, 100 Voids etc. Could also be used for other special types (though perhaps not Goldens)
  6. Complete X amount of Daily Challenges
  7. Make it onto at least one Top Trainers table (could or could not include PBA longest sessions)
  8. Complete 5 consecutive Daily Challenges (Credits to sandy107/sandy108 for this one)
8. NPCs
  1. Essentially, new NPCs for the Battle Trainers page. I personally already have a list that I've given to Sharks before, some of which (Unove E4, Team Plasma, Hoenn Battle Frontier) have already been added, but not all.
9. Offline Trades
  1. A 'Remove all trades' button has been suggested several times by many users.
  2. When searching offline trades, allow for Non-Special/Shiny/Metal etc. Filters Credits to Chrysaor and Tidz for this one.
10. My Pokémon
  1. Credits to matterenzo for this one. "There is currently a "Yes" option next to "Originally Owned". I would appreciate it if one could include a "No" option as well. I am someone who is trying to sell off the pokemon that I do not own originally, and it is quite tedious to remember and search for the ones I've received from others."
11. Trainer Challenge
  1. Set up similar to the Clan Challenges, every day you are required to obtain 1 of a certain Pokémon. Could be special, and evolution, or a special evolution, up to whoever implements it if it makes it ingame. E.g. Day 1 = Shiny Machoke, Day 2 = Ghost Caterpie, Day 3 = Normal Palkia. The Pokémon must be obtained on that day. Voids, Albinos and Goldens wouldn't be included, and neither would credit-only Pokémon.
  2. Now, the rewards for this could range:
    1. Evolution stones/items
    2. 10x Pokéballs, 5x Great Balls, 2x Ultra Balls, 1x Master Ball
    3. 1-3 credits
    4. Salac Berry
    5. (King's Rock (Slowpoke to Slowking/Poliwhirl to Politoed), Dawn Stone (Kirlia to Gallade), Radioactive Ore (Nosepass to Probopass/Magneton to Magnezone), Honey (Female Combee to Vespiquen at lvl 21/Male Burmy to Mothim at lvl 20), Razor Claw (Sneasel to Weavile), Razor Fang (Gligar to Gliscor)) [See Ubers/Unobs section below]
    6. You get the idea, item-based rewards (not Mega Stones)
  3. The bullet points are listed as most common to rarest prize (e.g. evolution stones/items 30% of the time, Salac Berry 5% of the time)
12. Ubers/Unobs
  1. Quite simply, let the players get them. Potential items that could be used are shown in 11.b.v., and should be fairly easy to implement.
  2. I realise there will be specific users against this one, but think about all the players who don't have billions to spend on these Pokémon. Not to mention all the problems with glitched ubers/unobs roaming around that we've had in the past, and no doubt would have in the future if this wasn't implemented.
13. New Maps
  1. Potential 6th gen maps, as described in 1.b.
  2. A Legendary-Pokémon-only map, as described in this topic by W0LF3M4N, Ryushi, myself, Termes and Sherlock.
  3. New elemental maps, such as Dark, Steel, Dragon, Poison and so on.
  4. How about the rest of Broag's Garden?
14. Elemental Maps
  1. See 13.c.
  2. Update elemental maps with 5th gen Pokémon, and perhaps alternate forms where applicable
  3. See 16.a.
15. Galleries
  1. Now, some people want to show off their Pokémon, but not all of them. Would it be possible that the Gallery is always enabled, but a user can choose what they put in it? For example, I only want to show off a Shiny Pikachu, so I only put that into the Gallery, and only that Shiny Pikachu shows? [Credits to myself]
  2. At the top of each Gallery page, there is text saying 'User X's Gallery'. Could it be edited so that the User X part could be used as a hyperlink back to the user's profile? Currently, you have to either open their profile in a new tab, or keep clicking the Back button or 'Find Trainer', etc. [Credits to myself]
16. Shaymin Sky Form
  1. Was only supposed to be on the Cloud Elemental Map, but ended up on all of them. Perhaps change this so it's only available on the Grass/Cloud maps?
17. Ingame clans
  1. Right now, there's no point in being in an ingame clan besides having a name in between a pair of brackets on the shoutbox.
  2. Allow clan leaders to edit the description text for a clan that can otherwise only be set when the clan is initially created.
  3. Some ideas suggested by Ryan_07:
    1. Setting a successor - Say a clan leader is about to go inactive, they won't be able to accept any new members, basically meaning the clan dies. Sort of like how Founders in IRC channels can set Successors.
    2. Clan emblems - An small image, perhaps 96x96px dimensions that can be shown on the page of a clan when viewing one that you're not a part of, My Clan page, Clan HQ page, etc. Could also be shown on clan members' profiles.
      1. There would be a problem of whether we could trust players to be mature with this. One solution could be for clan leaders to get an image or whatever, set it as the clan emblem, BUT then game mods would have to approve it. That way, only the clan leader (and game mods) would've seen it and there wouldn't be any problems with inappropriateness.
    3. A Clan HQ page effectively acts as a profile page for the clan, right? Well, on our profile pages we can buy yards. So why not have a yard jointly owned by all clan members on the Clan HQ page? The clan leader would probably have to be the one with overall control, but the problem with inactive leaders could be solved with 17.c.i.
      1. Could cost 500 clan currency, and set the starting amount of clan currency to something a lot lower like 100 clan currency.
      2. Normal yard restrictions would apply (e.g. expiration, capacity limits) but perhaps the expiration time period could be longer than for normal yards?
  4. Similar to Ryan's Emblems suggestion, maybe instead of, or alongside it, have a Pokémon Mascot? Clan leaders could select a Pokémon from the Pokédex via a drop-down menu or something, and it could be shown on the clan pages. Again like 17.b., could be changed at the leisure of the clan owner.
  5. Perhaps allow clan leaders to set 1-2 members as Clan Admins? They could then have some control over what the clan does, perhaps the Description/Mascot/Emblem stuff. Credits for original idea to Sherlock (No. 5)
18. Yards in general
  1. Obviously there's the stuff that comes under the Fix the Yard Update section
  2. Allow users to change which map their yard uses. Many players chose from the old style house maps, and were stuck with whatever those maps got changed to. I think an option to change the map would be useful. Could cost cash or credits.
19. Maps in general
  1. Obviously there's the stuff that comes under the Fix the Yard Update section
  2. When you click on another player's avatar, a box pops up under the arrows/Pokémon-showing-up box (for lack of a better description) with their name and avatar. But that stays there until you either refresh, battle a Pokémon, or switch pages. Perhaps just have a little red X in the top right corner of those boxes to remove them? E.g. http://prntscr.com/1fcvv8 (Credits to Tidz for screenshot, several users for the idea)
  3. Some people prefer Pokémon of a specific gender. Perhaps when a wild Pokémon appears, have the game indicate somewhere which gender it is? I know that some Pokémon have gender differences in their sprites, but not all do. Credits to Echo for this one.
20. Lotto
  1. In the PokéMart, you can specify a specific number of a specific item that you want to buy. Why not put this on the Lotto Shop page in relation to buying lotto tickets? Also reduces the risk of players being accused of botting, as they have done in the past. Credits to kingofdarkness_01, who has already had one of his ideas from this thread implemented (No. 2), for which we are increibly grateful for!
21. Top Trainers Tables
  1. Some new opportunities to get on these leaderboards would be great:
    1. Top 10 Strongest Albinos
    2. Top 10 most originally owned specials
    3. Top 10 Most Albinos/Shinies/Metals etc.
    4. Top 10 Most Lotto Wins (Credits to Termes)
    5. Top 10 Most Daily Challenges Completed
22. Sprites
  1. At the moment, PBA uses a mix of Dimaond&Pearl sprites, Platinum sprites, Heartgold&SoulSilver sprites, and Black&White sprites. Sizes between these vary differently. Buizel's Pokédex page is an excellent example of this, where N/S/M/GH/D use the D&P sprites, Void uses the BW sprites, Golden uses the Platinum sprites, and Albino is DP again but off-centred.
    1. Can we not just have them all use one sprite? B2W2 are the most recent sprites, so it would make sense to use them.
  2. Ghost and Dark sprites both got a revamp. Metals were said to have the same, but since then nothing. I know this relies pretty much solely on PrincessPhoenix, so perhaps to lift the pressure off of her we could have some users send sample Metal sprites to Sharks, and he picks one to do the rest of the Metal sprites before implementing them? This also encourages user involvement.
  3. Some Albino sprites could do with revamping too.
23. Shoutbox Staff
  1. Currently, the few staff members who have powers over the shoutbox are stretched over other games, or simply aren't as active as they once were (for various reasons). So why not add some semi-staff members who can look after the shoutbox, with basic shoutbox kick/ban powers. Credits to the PL chat mods for this idea :P (I would be happy to volunteer, naturally).
    1. These chat mods would have to be carefully selected.
24. Global Rank Formula
  1. In my personal opinion, the current Global Rank formula is incredibly biased towards catching random Pokémon. Users such as barbie_128 and theplayerinlove have gained thousands of rank points by spending all day catching 1000s of Caterpies and such. Where's the skill in that? Even better, remove that element from the formula completely
  2. Incorporate a component of the formula to include the number of Achievements completed, if not already done.
  3. Include Amount of Daily Challenges completed, if they are counted as a result of 21.e.
25. General bug fixes
  1. Get on top of these. Stuff like a broken image link for the Fighting type symbol for some Mega Pokémon ( http://prntscr.com/7ig5mp ), or broken image links like for Pokémon like Unown, Shellos and Vibrava on the My Pokémon pages (http://gyazo.com/085f0f3d149d29f379cdbb0d7013cd9e ). Fixing small things like these just help to make the game look cleaner.

Please leave any feedback, suggestions and/or criticisms. If you're referencing specific ideas, please use the numbering system.

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Re: Mega Ideas thread

Postby QuimBala » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:48 pm

This game has a lot of potential , but needs to be worked on. It got to the point where you fix it and upgrade it or the game is going to be over soon .
The summer holidays are coming , why not more publicity to the game to try to get more and new players ?
QuimBala
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   44 Seen

Postby MonsterTrader » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:50 pm

making ubers common , just because someone glitched them, is same as burning your house down yourself because you cannot protect it..
thats an awful suggestion..by ash, its a lot of efforts by people who own these ubers/unobs. you cannot just make it common just because someone asks for it.. and a shoutout to these people who say they want to catch them.. well they can be in maps , except weavile and gallade.. which is allright gotta keep something uber.. which is since last 8 years or so.. let it be.

The 12th suggestion is just lame...

instead of making them common.. just make the security tight.

if these ubers are make common. then put all the voids unobs back to credit shop.. or make all pokemons catchable.. and releasable in yard.. give everyone 10b because all the pba pokemoney is with a few people.. give everyone void pokemons because everyone is not able to catch them..

Find a solution and not lame suggestions.
MonsterTrader
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   33 Seen

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:59 pm

MonsterTrader wrote:making ubers common , just because someone glitched them, is same as burning your house down yourself because you cannot protect it..
thats an awful suggestion..by ash, its a lot of efforts by people who own these ubers/unobs. you cannot just make it common just because someone asks for it.. and a shoutout to these people who say they want to catch them.. well they can be in maps , except weavile and gallade.. which is allright gotta keep something uber.. which is since last 8 years or so.. let it be.

The 12th suggestion is just lame...

instead of making them common.. just make the security tight.

if these ubers are make common. then put all the voids unobs back to credit shop.. or make all pokemons catchable.. and releasable in yard.. give everyone 10b because all the pba pokemoney is with a few people.. give everyone void pokemons because everyone is not able to catch them..

Find a solution and not lame suggestions.

I slightly agree with Monster , the whole point of Unob is that its hard to get and so that you can work your :swear: off to get em , if there aren't Ubers/Unobs then whats the worth of the game? The yards are already messed up , bugs are rarely getting fixed and we haven't got what we were promised and what we deserve! :@
Current Global Rank: 2 Points: 4283.86
Current Goal: G̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶3̶6̶0̶0̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶1̶s̶t̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
Current Uniques: 3600 , 0 Uniques Left. Current place in unique top trainer board : 1. #Completed
Check my trades shop viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23148
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   419 Seen

Postby MonsterTrader » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:04 pm

Uber Guide they can be caught try harder..

Route 3 - Vespiquen
Route 21 - Gliscor
Ashket cave - Mothim
Zone 30 - Cascoon
Route 28 - Slowking
Route 9 - Politoed
Dynamo Town - Probopass

-- Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:45 pm --

I slightly agree with Monster , the whole point of Unob is that its hard to get and so that you can work your :swear: off to get em , if there aren't Ubers/Unobs then whats the worth of the game? The yards are already messed up , bugs are rarely getting fixed and we haven't got what we were promised and what we deserve! :@

Ty chicken you understood my pain.
MonsterTrader
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   33 Seen

Postby theashman83 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:06 pm

QuimBala wrote:This game has a lot of potential , but needs to be worked on. It got to the point where you fix it and upgrade it or the game is going to be over soon .
The summer holidays are coming , why not more publicity to the game to try to get more and new players ?

Agreed.

MonsterTrader wrote:making ubers common , just because someone glitched them, is same as burning your house down yourself because you cannot protect it..
thats an awful suggestion..by ash, its a lot of efforts by people who own these ubers/unobs. you cannot just make it common just because someone asks for it.. and a shoutout to these people who say they want to catch them.. well they can be in maps , except weavile and gallade.. which is allright gotta keep something uber.. which is since last 8 years or so.. let it be. The 12th suggestion is just lame...instead of making them common.. just make the security tight. if these ubers are make common. then put all the voids unobs back to credit shop.. or make all pokemons catchable.. and releasable in yard.. give everyone 10b because all the pba pokemoney is with a few people.. give everyone void pokemons because everyone is not able to catch them.. Find a solution and not lame suggestions.

It's not just because of the glitching, although my proposal would solve that. As I said earlier on IRC, a lot of people didn't want yards to be wiped. But they were, 'for the good of PBA'. This is just like that. How is it fair that only a few people are able to get what should be ordinary Pokémon? From what I recall, it was an accident that their evolution methods weren't coded. It wouldn't be a problem if this hadn't taken so long to solve. But it has, and the sooner it's sorted the better. The credit-only Voids should be in regular raffles, but unfortunately they haven't been as regular as they should've been. I'm not going to dignify the last few parts of your post with counters.

PBA Staff
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Re: Warning: Idea-heavy thread

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:27 pm

theashman83 wrote:1. 6th gen

Yeah , i agree with that , 6th gens need to be added into the game!

2. ORAS Mega Evolutions

Yes , we need to add all of them to the game. :nod:

3. Fix the Yard Update

This is the main one , we need what we deserve and what we were promised! And the bit about x2 time , that should be added too :)

4. Fix the Attackdex

Yes this is what i wanted Sharks to add but he misunderstood me and added My Pokédex.

6. Pokédex

Small changes make a big difference ;)

7. Achievements

There needs to be more Achievements added to this game , most of the ones have been completed and a few you cannot complete which has no use.

8. NPCs

Needs to be new and stronger NPC's , the ones atm are boring.

9. Offline Trades

Yeah , the Remove trade's button needs to be implemented , it's a pain removing 13 pages of Pokémon.
The filter is needed in the game because it's a pain going through the trades just to find the Pokémon i need.

10. My Pokémon

Yes , that one would help me alot , with 13k Pokémon this would make a great change!

11. Trainer Challenge

This seems like a nice idea! :party:

12. Ubers/Unobs

This is the one I DISAGREE to , i feel that it would feel like a pain if you lost all the money you put into ubers/unobs. Every game has a rare Pokémon and with out the rare Pokémon there is no game. Ubers and Unobs are for rich people (old id)

13. New Maps

There has to be new maps , all the maps have turned boring and you need to increase the rates of Pokémon found on Elemental maps!

14. Elemental Maps

It would be nice finding special 5th gens in Elemental maps while searching for other pokies.

15. Galleries

These changes would make a difference.

16. Shaymin Sky Form

Yup , that has ruined , no point of it now.

17. Ingame clans

This topic needs some attention , I've recently joined a clan and the Owner isn't active much and it took 8 days for me to be added into the clan in-game.

18. Yards in general

Yes , i was going to suggest this one , I don't like how my yard is and this should be a must!

19. Maps in general

Yes :/ , i've requested the "x" button on maps/yards and its really annoying when i click someone's name :(

20. Lotto

Yes this should be added but there should be a limit in how many you can buy a day.

21. Top Trainers Tables

Albino's need to be added into the Top Trainers list and there needs to be more top trainers added :)

22. Sprites

A few albino's don't seem to be albino which is strange :^)

23. Shoutbox Staff

There has to be more shout-box staff as I regularly see people filtering with swear words! :swear:

24. Global Rank Formula

This would help me a lot , as I am trying to get Global rank: 1 and I haven't got a clue what the formula is of the rankings which is confusing. :s

25. General bug fixes

Yeah , i agree , these aren't major issues but it would make the game clean :)

For me it's a 24/25 :)
Current Global Rank: 2 Points: 4283.86
Current Goal: G̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶3̶6̶0̶0̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶1̶s̶t̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
Current Uniques: 3600 , 0 Uniques Left. Current place in unique top trainer board : 1. #Completed
Check my trades shop viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23148
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   419 Seen

Postby Aegaeon » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:42 pm

I agree and I'm in love with every idea!! As for the unobs it is unfair that random pokemon I cannot get. Gliscor is my second fav poke but I cannot obtain one!

Also for unobs. Isn't it the id that matters? A 7 digit slowking is what old max money? While the new id slowking is 500m, BIG DIFFERENCE. Well guess what? These new "unobs" should have a diff id no? The old ones will have the same price so who cares?

Monster is collecting old id pokes and is buying them at a higher price, so ppl will obviously still buy old id unobs.

Lastly who is even buying unobs now antwyas? To my knowledge nobody -_-

PS. Oras megas plz!!!!!!!
Current goals. Dark deoxys 1b exp. 75% done. Void deoxys 1b exp. 27.5% done. Normal rayquaza (mega) 1b exp. 100% done. Shiny deoxys max exp 50ish% done. Unique poke count. 3000. 26.6% done.
Aegaeon
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   42 Seen

Postby Ryushi » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:10 am

theashman83 wrote:3. Fix the Yard Update
  1. Put the rates back to what they were promised to be
  2. Set the expiration period to 60 days, as it used to be (or allow premium users to have double the time, as they have double the yard capacity)
  3. Basically, people aren't happy with it. Credits to Aegaeon and anyone who's posted in that thread

I find that pokemons in maps have a good encounter rate. However, I find no difference in yards! I am pretty sure the old encounter rate was more than thrice as better than this.

theashman83 wrote:11. Trainer Challenge
  1. Set up similar to the Clan Challenges, every day you are required to obtain 1 of a certain Pokémon. Could be special, and evolution, or a special evolution, up to whoever implements it if it makes it ingame. E.g. Day 1 = Shiny Machoke, Day 2 = Ghost Caterpie, Day 3 = Normal Palkia. The Pokémon must be obtained on that day. Voids, Albinos and Goldens wouldn't be included, and neither would credit-only Pokémon.
  2. Now, the rewards for this could range:
    1. Evolution stones/items
    2. 10x Pokéballs, 5x Great Balls, 2x Ultra Balls, 1x Master Ball
    3. 1-3 credits
    4. Salac Berry
    5. (King's Rock (Slowpoke to Slowking/Poliwhirl to Politoed), Dawn Stone (Kirlia to Gallade), Radioactive Ore (Nosepass to Probopass/Magneton to Magnezone), Honey (Female Combee to Vespiquen at lvl 21/Male Burmy to Mothim at lvl 20), Razor Claw (Sneasel to Weavile), Razor Fang (Gligar to Gliscor)) [See Ubers/Unobs section below]
    6. You get the idea, item-based rewards (not Mega Stones)
  3. The bullet points are listed as most common to rarest prize (e.g. evolution stones/items 30% of the time, Salac Berry 5% of the time)
12. Ubers/Unobs
  1. Quite simply, let the players get them. Potential items that could be used are shown in 11.b.v., and should be fairly easy to implement.
  2. I realise there will be specific users against this one, but think about all the players who don't have billions to spend on these Pokémon. Not to mention all the problems with glitched ubers/unobs roaming around that we've had in the past, and no doubt would have in the future if this wasn't implemented.

I strongly agree that unobtainable pokemon should now be coded .. It has been 5 years now. There are too many glitched ones anyway in game. So why should the other players not have them!

theashman83 wrote:16. Shaymin Sky Form
  1. Was only supposed to be on the Cloud Elemental Map, but ended up on all of them. Perhaps change this so it's only available on the Grass/Cloud maps?

pkemnmasterdestroyer wrote:
theashman83 wrote:
16. Shaymin Sky Form

Yup , that has ruined , no point of it now.

The only way to save them is removing them altogether from each and every map.. lets face it.. if they are removed from the maps now, prices are bound to rise up again in 1 month. Who knows.. they might become the next unobs!
The All- Enormous gold Guide with up to date prices --> viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22443

Checkout what I am buying --> viewtopic.php?f=39&t=21691&start=0
Ryushi
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   513 Seen

Postby Chromohit » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:15 am

Lol it would have taken too much time to type all that :P . Anyways, I agree with every idea posted here by Nexus.
The 6 gen pokemon shall be added, no doubt, players are asking for them to be added from a long time. And everyone's opinion is same on the yards and the encounter rates, they need to be improved. Other small suggestions also are worth attention because it are the small changes that make a huge difference. I love the pokemon game than the other ones, but it needs more updates and bug fixes. And the updates should be done on the dates they were promised to be done, and if it takes some time then bring that update in a perfect way. We can take example of the "old yard system" update here. Players voted for old yard system coz they thought the old rates would be brought back exactly as they were in past,the yards were updated many days after 3 june, and then also players didn't got what they were promised :@ . Also, unob shouldn't be made common, they should be made uncommon, or rare like legys are in the maps. People buy old id pokemons for high price, so those who have it now, can easily sell their unobs for high price then also(As told be Aegeon). I think some more things like live battles will make the game better, or the pokemon in someone's lineup shall use those 4 attacks only which are been added by the owner, like if I have added hydro cannon in all the 4 attack spots of a pokemon, then that pokemon should use hydro cannon only if someone do an offline battle with it. Also we can make some more clan events, like clan wars, if the live battles are brought to game.
And thanks Nexus for bringing the compiled form of all the ideas of the player. :clap:
Last edited by Chromohit on Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
No one is a born champion, you have to make your way through the world.

Credits to me for the banner and the avi.
Click here to check out my shop.
Click here to join the giveaway of souls.
Chromohit
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   236 Seen

Postby nikash1994 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:24 am

ABOUT UNOBTAINES
unob should be made catchable every pokemon should be catchable its not fair fpr new players to ask them to pay 10b for a poke just because few people posses them and ya pokedex says tat some of them can be caught is certain maps i my self have tried to catch it for months and nothing and i have never seen a player catch it with out a bug or creating

ABOUT UPDATE
ya this game need a really good update as soon as possible i hope THE ADMIN does not take too much time for it
and i believe nexus as just pointed at every single thing in pba tat needs to be updated and i am thank full to him and the certain players he named

and i personally request THE ADMIN to come online once or twice a week so that he can know wats going on in the game (and i know being a admin is hard and he has real life too but he is the admin and he needs to check wats going on in the game every now and then)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
nikash1994
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   206 Seen

Postby Termes » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:42 am

Pretty good effort Ash, very thorough job!

So @1 I think everyone would agree on adding 6th gens, I would also be in favour for them being only encounter-able on maps and non-releasable in yards, it would be good to see how this would work out, this hasn't really been done to a collective group of pokes before so it'd interesting to see rates/values of these pokes!

@3 I think map rates are pretty good! I don't know how much more common you guys want them to be. As for yards, I think they're similar to that before the update, but for things like legendary yards - it is pretty noticeable that they aren't easier, or perhaps even harder than before. Not to mention the situation of rare Pokemon in yards wasn't fixed or set clear..is it intentional that you can't really make them common, is this changing, will it be left like this or what's going on with them?

Also for the expiration date I directly asked sharks on chat to extend to 60 and he basically declined right away with little consideration but I'm all in favour of it, what's 30 days anyway - like I don't even know 1 person who's in favour of this besides Sharks so it's a bit of a bummer. I get it if you think it's in the best long-term/financial interests of the game/or of the Poke-economy, but people simply don't have time to recreate/maintain yards so regularly. I don't think you're promoting a good habit or demand for people who are increasingly busy with more important matters and have less time to devote to leisurely activities. 30 is just unreasonable.

@7 I support what you have to say for these achievements, good ideas you piled up here!

@9b That'd be a nice addition!

@11 + 12 for the unobs issue(s) - I get where you guys are coming from, either being you really like some of them or you want them for your collection. But the only thing making them remotely cool is their rarity. I agree with monster & tidz stances on this but monster that argument you used doesn't make sense where you said "try harder" (to search for them) - virtually none have been caught legitimately over the game's life span.

Anyway, I highly vote against this since the second you drop their rate nobody will care about them anymore. Go for it, but you're ruining the poke for everyone even more so by making it abundant, common and valueless (like 95% of the other pokes in this game). There's plenty of opportunities to make other pokes unobs/ubers, even older pokes not many people/active people have. Mantine was a good example, except it wasn't completely closed off! Some unob voids were also created recently so you guys had a chance to buy them ;p

@17 in part C, I definitely think we should have the ability to change leaders (or setting a successor) for the exact reason listed since it has happened to our clan.

I also love the idea of having a jointly owned clan yard, sounds like a cool reward for the collective effort put into the clan! But that's if it has some extra benefits like increased capacity or something, otherwise we could just create a 'jointly owned clan yard' on one of the members accounts :l

@18 This would be a nice touch to be able to change your house!

@21 Sounds nice! Don't particularly fancy having top exp special types on top trainers but a top rank for daily challenges and having the most number of various special types etc would be very cool (;

@23 I agree with this shoutbox idea, having some active, reliable and trustworthy people who are more active in today's game (and not those who played 5+ years ago) would help with mediating the chat.

@24 Agreed! I like this idea a lot. This should be changed to reflect other achievements and activities in the game. Having battles or catching a tonne of Pokemon shouldn't be weighed as heavily as they do. More weight should be given to uniques, having special types (maybe more points for rarer special types, albino>voids>shinies/metals/darks/ghosts>normals). Including achievements (especially if the range of achievements is expanded would be awesome). Also daily challenges and even clan challenges completed (per contributing member) should be given some award towards rank points.

Just a few ideas of my own I'd like to add:

Removing multiple wall messages On a users account, removing 1 message at a time can take hours when you are someone who gets a lot of messages/have left them to pile up and need to clear them out, so being able to remove more than 1 at once would be helpful, maybe through having tick boxes to highlight and then removing simultaneously.

Notifications on front/home page for clan wall messages

Being able to put Pokemon on Trades in one's lineup Not sure if this was done to prevent glitches or what not, not sure if it's difficult to implement. Nevertheless I'd like to see that pokes on trade that I for one put on for show can be put into my lineup without having to remove them from trades and messing up the chronological system or order of placement of one's trades.

Cheers for having a read!
Termes
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   542 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:16 pm

I stopped reading this once I got to 12. this sounds more like a "I want to get more stuff for myself" than a idea. "1% 10% 25% of pokedex completed I'm assuming you're going for 100% too. which you just happen to be no.1 in uniques. how convenient for you. I shall gradually reply to this because I'm a busy person now.

1."get on at least one top trainers thing" - um no. easy to transfer a top exp poke. duh.

2. "my collection" this idea has been suggested like 4 times I'm pretty sure by you alone and I've suggested it once too. If sharks hasn't added it any of those times then why is it being brought up again.

3. You can't put random arceus forms and sp gira origin forms into an achievement. almost all the top players do achievements on multiple accounts and will make them be at a low price while the newer players struggle to get them and then when they get them hafta sell em for a low amount because of price decline.

4.Why the heck is it even being mentioned about Ubers and Unobs being obtained? Here's my question for you. When you're a top player in the game and you've got everything already since everything is fairly easy to get. What is next? There's nothing so those players usually quit. However there's currently one more goal that keeps some top players around which would be unobs/ubers. How many times do I gotta repeat this? You people might have a hard time getting billions to buy such pokes but oh well. gives you something to do in the game.

5. In turn you said why not let there be a void challenge. but said no to the goldens. How many people that didn't have golds said no? Did you even bother asking the players that had golds? Cuz I wasn't there if you did. again, all these achievements are already being abused. 750 sp originally owned is one thing. but everything else like "all the kanto pokes" and stuff. well. check gold ratatas price range and tell me how that turned out. There should be a rule against abusing the achievements before there's anything added.

6. All legendary map. no. this idea was rejected already i'm pretty sure.. I know for sure the idea of dragon, poison, dark was. Legendary only map = botters paradise.

7. I actually like the gallery idea. gj

8. skymin being on all elemental maps is bad yes, but tbh it should just be taken off and yall can hope that it's rarity will increase in a year.

9. The yards looks don't even matter tho.. that's just wasted time spent on coding

10. I've talked to sharks about adding top trainers things such as most originally owned stuff and most specials and most golds already. he said it'd take up a whole lot of space and slow down the game iirc.

11. @ The albino sprites. PrincessPhoenix is busy doing other stuff. Why not give the users of PBA something to do and have a contest for a new albino style altogether?

12. @ shoutbox staff. Rule no.1 of ever becoming a staff is not asking for staff. why doesn't a mod know that.

13. @ global ranking. true. they gained alot of points from that Idk about removing it but you could like triple the rate.

Kay that is all. I'll make my own idea thread later.
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Postby theashman83 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:03 pm

glucht23 wrote:I stopped reading this once I got to 12. this sounds more like a "I want to get more stuff for myself" than a idea.

Enhancing the playing experience of all users would affect me, yes. Just as it would affect you, and everyone else in the game.

"1% 10% 25% of pokedex completed I'm assuming you're going for 100% too. which you just happen to be no.1 in uniques. how convenient for you.

Yes, I'm aiming to complete as much of the Pokédex as possible. So are several others.

1."get on at least one top trainers thing" - um no. easy to transfer a top exp poke. duh.

One example of a potential achievement. I don't see you suggesting any? Top EXP tables could easily be excluded, if this one were to go ahead.

2. "my collection" this idea has been suggested like 4 times I'm pretty sure by you alone and I've suggested it once too. If sharks hasn't added it any of those times then why is it being brought up again.

I haven't seen any replies from the people who can implement it, so I'm repeating it. Much like a lot of the other ideas in the first post, where I also stated it was a compilation of ideas from past and present users.

3. You can't put random arceus forms and sp gira origin forms into an achievement. almost all the top players do achievements on multiple accounts and will make them be at a low price while the newer players struggle to get them and then when they get them hafta sell em for a low amount because of price decline.

How could you call them "top" players if they were intentionally helping to ruin the prices of a rare Pokémon? People intentionally looking to exploit the system? We can deal with that when it comes to it. And as for newer players, it's something to work towards. Again, these were just examples of the sort of options that should be explored.

4.Why the heck is it even being mentioned about Ubers and Unobs being obtained? Here's my question for you. When you're a top player in the game and you've got everything already since everything is fairly easy to get. What is next? There's nothing so those players usually quit. However there's currently one more goal that keeps some top players around which would be unobs/ubers. How many times do I gotta repeat this? You people might have a hard time getting billions to buy such pokes but oh well. gives you something to do in the game.

Again, define 'top'. Money hoarders? And who's been buying/selling these ubers/unobs? Oh wait, returning players who have no idea on prices who get ripped off by those looking for a bargain. And it's not just one person doing the ripping, so don't go pointing fingers. Fixing the errors made years back solves more problems than it would create, if any. It gives new players a chance to get the Pokémon they want. It makes the game fairer for the majority, with only a few people, namely the current uber/unob owners who would 'lose money' because of it. I'd like to point out that this is a realistic possibility, considering the recent update with yards.

5. In turn you said why not let there be a void challenge. but said no to the goldens. How many people that didn't have golds said no? Did you even bother asking the players that had golds? Cuz I wasn't there if you did. again, all these achievements are already being abused. 750 sp originally owned is one thing. but everything else like "all the kanto pokes" and stuff. well. check gold ratatas price range and tell me how that turned out. There should be a rule against abusing the achievements before there's anything added.

That's what this thread is for, to see what people agree and disagree with. These are only suggestions, some may be implemented, some might not. Sure, we could implement a rule like that. Again, that's what this thread is for. That is the ideal feedback, so we can see what needs to be done in order to make progress.

6. All legendary map. no. this idea was rejected already i'm pretty sure.. I know for sure the idea of dragon, poison, dark was. Legendary only map = botters paradise.

The all-legendary map was an idea that, like I mentioned for others earlier, never got a reply from someone who has control over stuff like that. Again, it's another option to explore; perhaps not legendaries, maybe Unown forms for the one-hour thing, with random commons/uncommons making up the rates? New elemental maps, with the inclusion of 5th gens on these and the current ones, is something a lot of people want to see.

7. I actually like the gallery idea. gj

Why thank you.

8. skymin being on all elemental maps is bad yes, but tbh it should just be taken off and yall can hope that it's rarity will increase in a year.

There's too many ingame for it to become as rare as it should have been. Damage control, for lack of a better phrase, is all we can do now.

9. The yards looks don't even matter tho.. that's just wasted time spent on coding

Maybe not to you, but to others it does.

10. I've talked to sharks about adding top trainers things such as most originally owned stuff and most specials and most golds already. he said it'd take up a whole lot of space and slow down the game iirc.

Well I haven't seen him say anything like that, so I'm including it. I'm also highlighting the fact that we need new Top Trainers tables in general.

11. @ The albino sprites. PrincessPhoenix is busy doing other stuff. Why not give the users of PBA something to do and have a contest for a new albino style altogether?

I was assuming that what I said for the Metal sprites would also be considered for the Albino sprites, especially considering that was how they were first created from what I've been told.

12. @ shoutbox staff. Rule no.1 of ever becoming a staff is not asking for staff. why doesn't a mod know that.

We need shoutbox staff, and we need staff that won't disappear randomly, and that players can trust. I'm just stating that I fit those categories. It's got to the point where these issues need to be announced.

13. @ global ranking. true. they gained alot of points from that Idk about removing it but you could like triple the rate.

*As an example* So you mean if the current rates is 10 Pokémon = 1 point, you think it should be 30 Pokémon = 1 point? Still way too easily abused, just takes a bit longer. Won't deter them.

Kay that is all. I'll make my own idea thread later.

I look forward to it.

PBA Staff
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Postby glucht23 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Stop being short sighted. I had everyone in IRC agreeing with me yesterday (except you cuz you were afk) When posting an idea think long term not temporary. here's what would happen if unobs were obtainable. some new guy gets a shiny weavile and tells his friends "hey guys I got a shiny weavile!" and they'll say "lol I got dark/metal/ghost/shiny/void" hardly anything to be proud of. however as it is right now, if you are to obtain a gallade, weavile, gliscor, etc. people be like "nice" "o.o" "dang" If you're constantly only thinking for ideas that'll help the new people you're going to lose all the people that've been loyal to the game and stuck around for many years. Old people continue to leave the game cuz there's nothing left to do. Cuz everything's being made easy. with ubers/unobs being made common there's 98% chance they'll leave far sooner. New people don't stick around usually anyways. a couple pokemon becoming obtainable isn't going to change that. So actually, it'll cause more problems than it'll solve.
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Next

Return to PBA Ideas