Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

[Profile] Change name

Give us your ideas here.

[Profile] Change name

Postby Shinare » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:53 pm

I would like that if the game would have "change name" option. Maybe some kind of cooldown, or limit, but some way to change name at least once. I want this, because I really hate my current name that I chose when I was 9 year old idiot. I want to change it to something better, something that I don't have to shame all the time. I know it might be complicated to create system for that , but if it would be success, I would really appreciate that.

Reason why creating this might be complicated:
'Change name-system' have to be connected in friends list, house, player-owned-pokemons, premium, credits, pokemoney, clan, TOP list, etc.

Reason why this should be done:
I don't think I'm the only player that wants to change name. I think at least one quarter of PBA players would like to change name, if it would be possible, but most of them do not shame their name like I, so they haven't tried to ask thing like this.

Additional detail:
- Old name will be denied, so no one can just change name to someone else's old name, and say that he/she is someone who he/she is really not. Player can change this during name change, but default is DENY.
- It should be added in EXTRAS-menu
- After used all uses, or cooldown is going, whichever is chosen to reduce name changes, page on menu will turn grey and it don't send you to change name. This is to make easier to see when name change is available again, or to see if all uses are used
- Premium members would have smaller cooldown or more uses. If Premium is bought during cooldown, the cooldown will be reduced with (Non-Premium user cooldown - Premium user cooldown)
- I prefer few months for cooldown, or 1-2 uses
- Player can choose if he/she wants fresh start, with only remaining things; premium account, credits and bought maps. Default is NO.
- Starter pokemon will also be changed again, if Fresh Start is chosen.
- 2 days rollback, in case of accident, that someone press Fresh start-option to ON, without really want it.
- Name can not be changed if any offline trade is going.
- Other players can not search old user and find new one, maybe someone just wants to hide from everyone, if have told his/her username to big group of people.

Smaller ideas:

1.) Be able to ignore others, to stop if someone is annoying and tries to make someone waste name changes.

2.) Settings have HIDDEN-option that makes user invisible, user can not be found from any search system, from other players' friend list, map etc. But also removes chance to get into toplist, because can't be found by any way. If hidden user is in clan, and someone reads information about clan, hidden user name is replaced by grey text; HIDDEN. HIDDEN text is not a link, and does not send to any page.

I would appreciate quick answers and that if you post here what you thought about this!
Shinare
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   60 Seen

Re: [Profile] Change name

Postby glucht23 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:59 pm

If you don't like your name you could just make a new account...
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Postby Shinare » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:21 pm

glucht23 wrote:If you don't like your name you could just make a new account...

What about credits, premium account, yard, and few other things? They can't be sent to any other account.
Shinare
Trainers

Postby Spyro1999 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:26 am

I like the thought of name change.

1 free name change then maybe other name changes would cost like 100 or so credits for another name change.

How about that?

Everything you have follows with you of course after the name change.

-- Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:26 am --

1 free name change then maybe other name changes would cost like 100 or so credits for another name change.

How about that?

Spyro1999
The Silence Has Spoken Finally!

Forum Pokedex:   216 Seen

Postby Shinare » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:25 am

Spyro1999 wrote:I like the thought of name change.

How about that?

-- Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:26 am --

How about that?

That's not bad either, if 1 free name change and others cost credits. But I can't just choose your idea myself, it's staff's job to choose what will come in updates and what will not.
Shinare
Trainers

Postby Gary » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:46 pm

Its not bad and its not Good Either..... |(

Coz charging Credits just for a name change wont be usefull, coz if they get 1 time free change then y they vll lose credits for a name instead of using them in credit shop :/

If it would be like cash pokemoney charged for each name change then it would be some good stuff to hear.....
as i can see credits needs real money......
Gary
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   13 Seen

Postby Shinare » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:48 am

Gary wrote:Its not bad and its not Good Either..... |(

Coz charging Credits just for a name change wont be usefull, coz if they get 1 time free change then y they vll lose credits for a name instead of using them in credit shop :/

If it would be like cash pokemoney charged for each name change then it would be some good stuff to hear.....
as i can see credits needs real money......

You can also recieve credits 1 every day, which means that player could change name 7,3 times in year. I don't know about you, but for some people, name is more important than any other. I've already made second account and made it premium, so I have no personal use for this anymore, but I would have donated that day whatever do I get premium or do I have it already, so I didn't really donate for premium.

I know name doesn't really have effect on game, but sometimes people (like me) are ready to spend credits to change name, instead of buying anything from credit shop.

-- Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:50 am --

Also pokemoney is too cheap, some people who have lots of money, could change it all the time, without even seeing big change in pokemoneys... Or if price is enough to be expensive for rich players, what about poor players? They're so stuck. But credits... People get them same speed, whatever how rich or poor they are, except if spending money, which is just good for the game.

-- Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:54 am --

oops, I remembered that price (that spyro said) would be 50 credits. If it's 100 credits, people could change name 3.65 times in year, which sounds a bit long time, but it sure increases activity of players that want to change name, which is also good for the game.
Shinare
Trainers

Postby Gary » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:21 am

;) Hmm that sounds good but still,

Waiting for 1 every credit will take too much time but pokemoney is easier to get then credits

by selling or battling anyone can make money and as u r saying about active players they are still their earning credits and stuffs :/

If u talking about poor they have an option of makey money easier then waiting for credits lol.........
Gary
Trainers

Postby Shinare » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Gary wrote:;) Hmm that sounds good but still,

Waiting for 1 every credit will take too much time but pokemoney is easier to get then credits

by selling or battling anyone can make money and as u r saying about active players they are still their earning credits and stuffs :/

If u talking about poor they have an option of makey money easier then waiting for credits lol.........

"option of makey money easier then waiting for credits"
But still rich players can do it almost free, they don't even see change in their balance, except if price is something like 100m, 250m or 500m, something like that, which feels kinda unfair. Of course it don't have to cost so many credits, it's staff's choice, if they even add this feature to game. 30 credits means that player must wait 1 month. That isn't long, just don't think it all the time. And game loses nothing if players get more active, it's just good for it.

If you want pokemoney as price of name change, what would be fair price for that? Something that is not extremely high price, but not almost nothing either.
Shinare
Trainers

Postby Gary » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:58 am

FOA, that depnds on staffs, what will be the cost then we can say what will be the effect till then we can just have conversions thats it...

So vll see what staff decides wether they add this feature or not and what it costs... IT Depends now... ;)

By the way this was good idea either..... :rock:

Support This... 8)
Gary
Trainers

Postby Shinare » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Gary wrote:FOA, that depnds on staffs, what will be the cost then we can say what will be the effect till then we can just have conversions thats it...

So vll see what staff decides wether they add this feature or not and what it costs... IT Depends now... ;)

By the way this was good idea either..... :rock:

Support This... 8)

Thank you! I appreciate support, and I hope more people support too :)
Shinare
Trainers

Return to PBA Ideas