Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTION!)

Give us your ideas here.

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Azaurax » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:23 pm

I'm all for it
User avatar
Azaurax
Trainers
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 7:54 pm
Forum Pokedex:   9 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:15 pm

W0LF3M4N_trainer wrote:Introduction[/b]No I am not saying unban players like PMD who has had countless chances in this game and kept getting banned.
The benefits of doing this?


Wow nice one bro *laughing* :/
Current Global Rank: 2 Points: 4283.86
Current Goal: G̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶3̶6̶0̶0̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶1̶s̶t̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
Current Uniques: 3600 , 0 Uniques Left. Current place in unique top trainer board : 1. #Completed
Image
Check my trades shop viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23148
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 6:31 pm
Forum Pokedex:   419 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby theashman83 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:52 pm

I'd like to say a few things about this:

  1. Firstly, apologies, neither myself nor the other staff I've spoken to saw this topic until around an hour before me posting this.
  2. Secondly, the game is as good as dead as a dodo unless Kyro gets his act together and remembers he's still the only dev for PBA.
  3. Thirdly, the majority of these botting bans you speak of (the IP ones) were lifted over a year ago. Users such as coldzero, alimaster786 and felipejustos were such characters. Most in this category have left out of boredom just like players who weren't banned.
  4. Fourthly, the non-IP botting banned users could, or already did, just start a new account, or carry on playing using previously created alts. I've seen Termes active on his Dahmer account (which I'd like to point out has an adequate amount of assets), Jozec started afresh when his Emiralds (Emiraldz?) account was banned for using the bot. For those that state they don't want to start over because they worked so hard, I'm sorry, but curiosity killed the cat. Warnings were around, the rules around for ages earlier. And if you do claim that your account wasn't involved in any botting, what were you doing that would've activated the ban? :-?
  5. To W0LF3M4N specifically, I quote:
    I also know for a fact players like Lucifer, Sherlock/House and many other players will come back to this game if he gets unbanned and they're not even banned players.

    You're not really selling your point here, when you promote that unbanning a player banned for botting would encourage other known botters to return. Is that really going to solve the problem? More cheating?

Ban appeals by the affected may now be considered for unbanning. Everyone's welcome to post ban appeals, there's never been anything against that. But this suggestion would make little difference in the long run. It's an active dev we need, not known cheaters. We need a dev to remove this awful new map engine that was never finished, a dev who doesn't see PBA as a relic project to be used as a dummy game to test features for new games. This botch job of a map engine is the core reason for new players not sticking around, with all the problematic bugs it brought.

Also, a list of players who are in this category you speak of would be good. Just so we can see the numbers, rather than just mentioning a couple here and there.

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
Image
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

User avatar
theashman83
Gym Leaders
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:38 pm
Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:13 pm

Yep yep, I've been summoned by Nexus. I'm going to put this bluntly.

I am extremely well aware on how much the game depended on the activities of botters, cheaters and exploiters to drive the economy because they were the ones who set macros to farm money from NPCs for hours upon hours to be able to afford the inflated prices that people ask for, as well as gather the exp to keep pokes on the high scores. These cheated goods in turn filtered down to all the other players and kept them around because people were happy to sell Pokemon and find others who were willing to pay crazy amounts of in game money for them. When the cornerstone money generators get banned the economy tends to tank because there's no more easy cash flow for people to feed off of. To undo everything these types of people have done is not a simple "just give back the botted pokes" because many may not be aware of how much illegal stuff permeated the in game economy here (I was staffed 5 years after the game opened, and just reading through past logs and historical exploits of this game was like wading through a cesspool). Loads of unobs that people value would be gone because they weren't supposed to exist in the first place, people with max money accounts have half of that money from origins not legit etc. PBA had over 2 million player accounts that existed before I registered here so those things can't be undone manually at this point, and people tend to only support confiscation as long as it doesn't personally affect their stuff. Even if it was viable a lot of long-time players would have lost stuff.

So.. unbanning select players could help in the short term if they returned to their previous activities (against the rules or not), but that doesn't solve the overall problem. All that will result is a temporary boost that is older players trading among older players. As Nexus said above, a lot (which is about 99%) of IP bans were removed about a year ago so there was an opportunity for many people to return, but they didn't. For most, being banned isn't stopping anyone anymore. I can't really blame everyone for the economic situation either even though everyone helped to cultivated the economy to behave in this way; the game was riddled with more exploit and security holes than Swiss cheese and Kyro didn't take any security precautions in the original game's coding, choosing instead to trust in the honesty of players to not cheat which is #1 on the list of things to never do on a website. A lot of the bugs and exploits were fixed later on in time by Sharks but at this point there's been things done that can't be taken back, the few truly bad apples had already permanently altered the economy.

Attracting new players also wasn't/isn't a problem.. it's maintaining them. This game is Kyro's most advertised game, and it shows up near the top of google searches for online Pokemon games, and over the summer during the Pokemon Go craze the amount of registrations increased to 5x the usual amount for months (compared to the registration rates that the game has had over the past 2 years), but nearly all of them were driven away because back around April or May, Kyro forced the new map system on new player accounts and that map system crashed and disconnected for a month and a half. Meaning, all that these people could see is a blank screen and Kyro nowhere to be found to reboot the map system. Then there was the bug which your movements were caged to one spot on the map because your character coordinates were not syncing with the map server. A few of you spent time directing players to the older maps and the yard system, but this couldn't reach the thousands upon thousands that had registered over that time period (and yes, this game has thousands of new registrations each week). Even if we didn't have this newer map system I don't think everyone registering would have stuck around, but there would have been a lot more people who could have found the game to be enjoyable had they been given starting access to the older map system.

All in all, what this game needs is Kyro to be active again and actually do stuff that isn't rushly-implemented ideas. If he wants to make this a collector game (which it is right now due to lack of PvP, working skills etc) then he needs to put more updates and fixes that can reflect that, then he can go about unbanning everyone and stuff. He can also have all the staff in the world but if there's nothing to keep people around then it wouldn't do much good either. I do appreciate the fact that you are all trying to brainstorm ideas to keep the game active, but I learned from experience that simply having a lot of people on a game won't make him pay more attention to it. He tends to think that everything is okay if a lot of people are around, and even if they weren't he doesn't have much time to tend to his projects. Getting his attention here in the first place is in and of itself a rather difficult task..

(And seriously, that new map system in its current state needs to go.)

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!
(since he's pretty much the only active mod here)


Image

User avatar
PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:51 am
Location: The middle of the Pacific Ocean
Forum Pokedex:   555 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Navgun » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:31 am

PrincessPhoenix wrote: 2 million players
...

Wow

-- Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:02 pm --

btw how are they registering? is the registration page okay now? ...i thought it was broken before?

Image




~~~~~~~~Used To Had Trust In Humanity Once~~~~~~~~

User avatar
Navgun
Trainers
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:24 pm
Forum Pokedex:   181 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby theashman83 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:54 am

There are currently two registration pages. One is broken, one is not. See here for more details.

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
Image
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

User avatar
theashman83
Gym Leaders
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:38 pm
Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:15 pm

PP and Nexus,

First off, I'd like to thank you both for replying and keeping and open mind to the idea and actually expressing your feelings towards the issue at hand. It truly does atleast make me happy to see you guys are trying to help.

Now, I would like to say yes it is truly a short-term fix but like I stated before maybe having that influx of players back sparking donations and activity again may bring to kyro's attention (or it may not) that the game can be successful a little again and maybe just maybe he will atleast come and fix the current problems to help sustain those new players entering the game.

Also, I would like to say yes possibly players like Sherlock, Lucifer and those other guys coming back would help a lot because they were not banned and had a lot of assets but there are auto detection systems for most common bots nowadays so they would be terminated if they used such scripts. Like I also stated that yes adding these players back may be risky and if they do resort to their previous behavior well I guess you guys atleast tried to help them/the game and you can permanently ban them with no chance of reinstatement (kind of like a life sentence without possibility of parole type deal :/ ).

All I'm saying is yes this may not be a long-term fix but for the short-term it has its benefits and few downsides to it and maybe it can turn into a long-term effect if the game becomes populated again and by some miracle Kyro opens his eyes and sees this game is still populated and atleast helps in the slightest bit. Like I stated yes it's risky, yes it's not long-term upfront but possibly it can turn into that... Wouldn't you rather have a possibility rather than sitting here doing nothing and let the game completely go under like we all have been the last few years?

Again, I would like to thank you guys for putting in your input and being open-minded. I hope we can get something done about this because I feel as though it can be great for the game. And if those players who are unbanned are not grateful and they resort the old habits then I guess they were not fit for this game and can be erased for good.

Lastly, to PMD: sorry man you are a friend of mine but you can't tell me my statement wasn't true... I'll leave it at that.

Anyways, as always everyone W0LF3M4N out!
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:33 pm
Forum Pokedex:   226 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Navgun » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:52 am

W0LF3M4N_trainer wrote:maybe it can turn into a long-term effect if the game becomes populated again and by some miracle Kyro opens his eyes and sees this game is still populated and atleast helps in the slightest bit.


Hah...if the devs are least bothered about the game... this idea should be given a try ... as there is no one to care...
{
theashman83 wrote:a dev who doesn't see PBA as a relic project to be used as a dummy game to test features for new games.

}

Now thinking open mindly,... the authority is only the 3 active mods, Nexus, PP and Tommo... No dev, no rangers, no staff, no nothing, etc. In short, they are the 'OWNERS' of this game.
So whats bad in this?...Whatever was worse has already happened ( i guess){hope i am right} ...Nothing can go wrong (umm)...

Whatever i wanted to say, i did... Now its you and your inner voice conversating about same...

Well, Navgun out too!

-- Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:07 pm --

Wait a sec....

Aint Jazz related with game atm?...cant he come and do something now?..as sharks is not there now... or maybe if he can increase some sort of powers for the current mods? umm ...whats bad in asking? :^) it might make our day..

Image




~~~~~~~~Used To Had Trust In Humanity Once~~~~~~~~

User avatar
Navgun
Trainers
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:24 pm
Forum Pokedex:   181 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:47 pm

Welp looks like this idea is dead... Glad I wasted my time typing this all up AGAIN for it to fall on deaf ears. Thank you to everyone who is a visionary and supported this and saw this idea is actually decent. Guess we'll just sit around and let the game die like we have been :rofl: no more help from me boys and girls!

W0LF3M4N out!
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:33 pm
Forum Pokedex:   226 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Navgun » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:56 pm

We actually cant do anything. And Mods are not to be blamed in this case due to limited powers given to them by devs... so unless and untill a dev appears (unexpectedly)... these all ideas might be implemented... or else there is one more tempting thing to do... i guess mods know that.. :/..

So bro, dont lose hopes in mods...they are doing the best they can by offering us updates...in such rough situations... (not against you bro ..as it might seem) ... but our requests were not on deaf ears...

I guarantee, once an active dev is present,... current mods will make him/her/them,etc to implement this idea...because they favour it too...

:)
. .(sorry i again became active in this topic after dropping the mic...but i couldnt hold..haha)

Image




~~~~~~~~Used To Had Trust In Humanity Once~~~~~~~~

User avatar
Navgun
Trainers
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:24 pm
Forum Pokedex:   181 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:47 pm

Navgun wrote:We actually cant do anything. And Mods are not to be blamed in this case due to limited powers given to them by devs... so unless and untill a dev appears (unexpectedly)... these all ideas might be implemented... or else there is one more tempting thing to do... i guess mods know that.. :/..

So bro, dont lose hopes in mods...they are doing the best they can by offering us updates...in such rough situations... (not against you bro ..as it might seem) ... but our requests were not on deaf ears...

I guarantee, once an active dev is present,... current mods will make him/her/them,etc to implement this idea...because they favour it too...

:)
. .(sorry i again became active in this topic after dropping the mic...but i couldnt hold..haha)


This idea does not need a Developer. The whole premise of this idea is to show a developer that this game can become popular again to sway him/her to come back here and possibly atleast fix the problems. Idk just annoyed that I come up with these ideas and I receive resistance when I offered my time and assistance to create a list of people this would qualify for, contact them to let them know they may be unbanned and even collect botted/glitched pokes they had and destroyed them... I lost faith a long time ago. It's frustrating that this game is going to die after myself and so many people put so much time and money in here...
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:33 pm
Forum Pokedex:   226 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Navgun » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:44 pm

every great thing has an end. :inlove:

Image




~~~~~~~~Used To Had Trust In Humanity Once~~~~~~~~

User avatar
Navgun
Trainers
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:24 pm
Forum Pokedex:   181 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby glucht23 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:55 am

PP is right and Ash is... fairly right. but it's actually not entirely about what you're saying. You see. the reason people follow me to games is because of my activity. I'm highly active on the game and evenly so active on chat. The average gamer on a website unless he's cheating is going to be on chat mostly because the game gets boring relatively quickly and/or they want to sell their stuff for money. Your short term fix is entirely set on the fact that your chat is dead full time and none of you are fun enough to chat with to keep the chat interesting and make people enjoy their time here and want to come back. There is no contest in this game verses other games where they can chat with friends they make online. At one time I had 27 people in my channel messing around with my bot playing uno or enjoying the talking script. I've set my bot for other games as well and for a long period of time it kept players interested in the chat while the chat was dead while there was nobody around to speak. Get creative people. the game isn't dying from dev only. no chat. no game.
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
User avatar
glucht23
Avid Forum Member
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:00 pm
Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Mickerrs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:54 am

YEP GREAT IDEA HERE UNBAN UNBAN UNBAN WHO CARES ANYMORE THE GAMES DYING WHY NOT GIVE IT A SHOT.. WHAT IS THERE TO LOSE REALLY?
Image
<<~#Original.Reckkk#~>> Never apologize for what you feel, its like saying sorry for being real..
User avatar
Mickerrs
Avid Forum Member
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:56 pm
Forum Pokedex:   105 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Navgun » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:09 am

glucht23 wrote:PP is right and Ash is... fairly right. but it's actually not entirely about what you're saying. You see. the reason people follow me to games is because of my activity. I'm highly active on the game and evenly so active on chat. The average gamer on a website unless he's cheating is going to be on chat mostly because the game gets boring relatively quickly and/or they want to sell their stuff for money. Your short term fix is entirely set on the fact that your chat is dead full time and none of you are fun enough to chat with to keep the chat interesting and make people enjoy their time here and want to come back. There is no contest in this game verses other games where they can chat with friends they make online. At one time I had 27 people in my channel messing around with my bot playing uno or enjoying the talking script. I've set my bot for other games as well and for a long period of time it kept players interested in the chat while the chat was dead while there was nobody around to speak. Get creative people. the game isn't dying from dev only. no chat. no game.


Hey Glucht!!! Nice to see ya around.. O.o ... talking of scripts, (and bots) ...i want to learn many things from you... :v ...pls be my sensei.. pls pm me where can i find you (which rpg/ channels) ...cos these guys hates advertisements ... :p ... it might look unprofessional...but i wanna learn..xp... and try modify the nubie script i made...

...
And
...
Mickerrs wrote:YEP GREAT IDEA HERE UNBAN UNBAN UNBAN WHO CARES ANYMORE THE GAMES DYING WHY NOT GIVE IT A SHOT.. WHAT IS THERE TO LOSE REALLY?

.
Exxactly... that is the point...

Image




~~~~~~~~Used To Had Trust In Humanity Once~~~~~~~~

User avatar
Navgun
Trainers
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:24 pm
Forum Pokedex:   181 Seen

Previous

Return to PBA Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest