Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTION!)

Give us your ideas here.

An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTION!)

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:27 pm

Introduction: Hello Pba'ians. W0LF3M4N here and today I have a proposition for you. This game is dying we all know it. I have been here for 6 years coming on 7 here soon! I have seen this game at it's peak, I have seen this game completely shut down and I have seen this game in turmoil like it is now. We have tried to ask for updates to no avail. We have sat around and waiting hoping this game would become alive again to no avail. It is time to stop sitting around, it is time to stop asking for updates when we have no one to do them. But, most importantly it is time to do something. I urge you to read this carefully as I will detail my plan and I want you to truly think about it before typing you support or don't support. If you don't support I'd like to know why because honestly this should be a no brainer and there really is nothing else we can try. If we continue to sit around this game will eventually rot and die. But if we try and make 1 more effort as our last ditch effort maybe, just maybe we can make this game great again.

Problem at hand: No developer, less population (which leads to less rare pokes, declined developer attention, less money, less yards, etc.) and just plain the game is dying.

How can we fix this problem? Make this game popular again and show the "developer/developers" this game can be popular again and maybe just maybe they'll atleast come back and do some basic updates because they can see a possible potential in this game again.

But how can we make this game popular again? Simple. Unban players that have been banned for small infractions and even big ones. No I am not saying unban players like PMD who has had countless chances in this game and kept getting banned. But what about the others that are banned? Why should they only get 1 chance while someone else had a ton? Yes, botting is a bad thing but there is an auto detection system for that now. Also, just monitor the unbanned people very closely and if they mess up there second chance poof they are gone forever. Players like Glucht23, (yes he may have been sarcastic but he was a good dude) I for a fact know that if he gets unbanned he said he'll do a christmas giveaway to help some newbies out. I also know for a fact players like Lucifer, Sherlock/House and many other players will come back to this game if he gets unbanned and they're not even banned players. Players like Termes, were also extremely popular in the community and had many friends, many pokes and lot of money. He was also a fantastic yard maker. I'm not just talking these 2 players like nikash, neensational and many others are on the unban appeals and have been banned for months if not years. Let them come back to this game and bring life to it again and if they mess up get rid of them for good. Everyone deserves a second chance a lot of people have gotten second chances why should these players not? These players were rich players, helpful players, yard makers, donators and much more they have everything to offer in this game and like I said I know for a fact some other unbanned players will come back if Termes and Glucht are unbanned because there is a 23 person group on facebook of all old great players that have said so.

The benefits of doing this?
1. Great players, rare pokes, cash, yard makers, donators, etc. will be introduced back into this game
2. Possibility of getting developers attention because the game becomes suddenly more popular again and may make more money from donations and such
3. More people around to help new players and to challenge other players when it comes to training, global leaderboards, yards, etc.

What are the downsides of this? I mean I don't really see 1? We have sat around for how long and let this game die? Might as well try 1 more thing that doesn't require an update that a developer doesn't want to do. And if you have a downside you can think of please tell me because I have looked at this from every angle and can't fathom what a person can think up that would be bad by doing this lol.

How to make it fair by unbanning them?
1.Unban people that have been banned for botting only if they haven't committed multiple multiple infractions in the past
2.Unban people that have been banned for random stuff that isn't a massive deal
3. Force some of the unbanned people to do some sort of giveaway doesn't have to be huge but atleast something to help the community out kind of like "community service"
4. Lastly, monitor the unbanned closely for a little while and if they mess up well guess that was all you could do ban them for good...

Conclusion: There really is no downside to this people... We have to do something. There is botting detection software so they can't make the same mistake again and if they do like i said you atleast tried ban them for good. Everyone deserves a second chance like I said I know a lot of people who have gotten a second chance so why not some of these people when this game is nearing it's last breathe at this rate? If these people are unbanned it will help the entire game I know it and like I said many people who aren't banned will come back most of them left because their friends were banned and the game became inactive so if it becomes active again they'll join us again. These people didn't kill anyone.... So they shouldn't be sentenced to death... Think about it people what possibly could go wrong here? Also, It Christmas time lets all get in the Christmas spirit and give some of these players a nice Christmas present ;p

Yours Truly,

W0LF3M4N
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:33 pm
Forum Pokedex:   221 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby glucht23 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi. I support this however I'm just saying right now my Christmas giveaway idea has nothing to do with if I'm unbanned or not I didn't know that was part of the deal I was intending to do that of my own free will to help out some people so don't think that I'm forced to give anyone anything but eh good speech wolf I'll see yall on the up and up

-- Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:42 pm --

Hi. I support this however I'm just saying right now my Christmas giveaway idea has nothing to do with if I'm unbanned or not I didn't know that was part of the deal I was intending to do that of my own free will to help out some people so don't think that I'm forced to give anyone anything but eh good speech wolf I'll see yall on the up and up
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
User avatar
glucht23
Avid Forum Member
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:00 pm
Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:46 pm

glucht23 wrote:Hi. I support this however I'm just saying right now my Christmas giveaway idea has nothing to do with if I'm unbanned or not I didn't know that was part of the deal I was intending to do that of my own free will to help out some people so don't think that I'm forced to give anyone anything but eh good speech wolf I'll see yall on the up and up

-- Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:42 pm --

Hi. I support this however I'm just saying right now my Christmas giveaway idea has nothing to do with if I'm unbanned or not I didn't know that was part of the deal I was intending to do that of my own free will to help out some people so don't think that I'm forced to give anyone anything but eh good speech wolf I'll see yall on the up and up


Yes, I will say that Glucht has done Christmas giveaways before so this is not out of the ordinary heck he gave me a golden zangoose for my bday :) so I hope you guys can see the good in the situation and not bias yourselves.
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:33 pm
Forum Pokedex:   221 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Aegaeon » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:53 pm

I like this idea. Unfortunately many of the active players have been banned for doing something wrong. But I've seen players get unabbned for the same thing several times, so this makes me wonder is there favourites or something?

Anyways if this does happen it could boost the amount of players in the game and inspire others. But I also think updates are needed. I've seen a few new players ask for gen 6 pokes or unobs and when they here they are not able to get them they usually quit.

If there is a anti hot whatever to catch ppl then anyone banned afterwords can just stay banned right? So not to big a deal?
Current goals. Dark deoxys 1b exp. 75% done. Void deoxys 1b exp. 27.5% done. Normal rayquaza (mega) 1b exp. 100% done. Shiny deoxys max exp 50ish% done. Unique poke count. 3000. 26.6% done.
Aegaeon
Trainers
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:53 pm
Forum Pokedex:   42 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Angad777 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:36 pm

Okay so i was waiting for a post on which I can make my comeback on forums on xD. Looks like I finally found it. Pba has been dying, thats a fact. I barely see more than 12-13 people on mibbit which should be the hub of all business activity and even those few people are the same people every time. Quite frankly i'm a trader at heart and love striking business deals, but you cannot trade with the same people repeatedly. What w0lf has posted makes sense on numerous levels, the cash situation is at a new low ( check the top trainers for cash and you will see what i mean) , there is a demand for void legys and rare golds but all the trainers with them have been banned or are in active. The game is getting boring and the suggestion made by Wolf strikes a chord the cause the players who have been banned have tons of cash to boost the economy withh, they have great pokes to offer and boost the trade cycle and not only are experts at making yards but also donate regularly. Not only will the owners of the game benefit due to the increased donations so will all players old and new. I hope the mods take this suggestion seriously and slowly but surely begin to unban players *laughing* :/
Angad777
Trainers
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:21 am
Forum Pokedex:   74 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby darknesshand » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:16 am

I will support any suggestions or ideas in the sake of this game but still the unbanned thing is on the dev/mod choice right? if they see this as a good thing to think of and yeah everybody deserves a second chance :)





Advance Merry Christmas to Everyone :P :clap: :/
Last edited by darknesshand on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage Image


The Dark Lord & All Time Ninja Of PBA Remember My Name :P

User avatar
darknesshand
Trainers
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:45 am
Forum Pokedex:   93 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Navgun » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:07 am

I literally had the same idea before ( viewtopic.php?f=122&t=23345 )...I support you Wolfie... The pokes they achieved by some wrong means,,(IF Any) can be returned to mods which in turn can take care of em..(i meann destroy them somehow...like putting in yard and clearing it...) [we all know that the botters were not botters...but mere triers...who out of just curosity, wanted to check out the new thingy... It is human tendency to be curious and try the things which are new to them...]...somewhere, sometime, everyone wanted to use the bot whenever it was out... it was due to the advertisements done in the shoutbox...or the mods should have told people when there were advertisements to not to try those

Some players also accepted to give back the pokes they used the bot to train... even they need a second and the last chance...

I am always with this decision ...

Offtopic: [PMD if you are seeing this...im very sorry for the bad act of mine in your appeal... :( ]

Nexus we know you always check forums... i also know you must have seen this thread even before i posted...
So for the sake of our PBA society please reply...

.
.
.
moreover if they are unbanned... let them know by email... bcos im myself a mod in another game...and i know mods know those... ;) :tmi:

hope the current mods think this from their heart and do what is best for business, and the society which gave you so much and made many poples childhood... ;(

Image




~~~~~~~~Used To Had Trust In Humanity Once~~~~~~~~

User avatar
Navgun
Trainers
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:24 pm
Forum Pokedex:   178 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby mato5000 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:45 pm

I'm supporting this idea because i think it will help us get the PBA popular again.
mato5000
Trainers
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:41 pm
Forum Pokedex:   10 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Diekito19 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:12 pm

Everyone here in one way or another we love PBA , so we want a reborn of game !i support this idea

Nexus please reply :(

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:
Diekito19
Trainers
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:40 pm
Forum Pokedex:   6 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby nidhogg » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:22 pm

Hey, this is rayquaza1995 here

first of all, this is a wonderful yet dangerous suggestion by wolfman

I support on people being unbanned, yet i will not support on them keeping those pokes they obtained unlawfully

Regardless of whoever it is, they should have an option for unbanning themselves, except for few rare nutcases (you know who i am talking about :P)

Second, the money or pokes they obtained are not results of hardwork (or luck :/ )

Thirdly, i dont oppose or support the giveaway in any way (although my heart says i want a chance at those rares too :P), because it just means that poke is changing hands, and someone else is profiting from the same.

Finally, i would like to state that, if they are active again, I ask them to support and help new players, as i remember the scenario when i was new, and what happened before me

I ask this is banned players, did u forget what the thrill of playing a game (the one source of entertainment in your childhood) is like and become a machine who only wants to get rares/money etc? or can you become the child and the person you once were and make yourself and the game great again...

I might get flamed or even shouted at, but i dont care. This is my most favourite childhood game, which will continue to be my favourite adulthood game too :P

Anyways, wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! :party:

Nidhogg signing out
nidhogg
Trainers
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:53 pm
Forum Pokedex:   25 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:25 pm

nidhogg wrote:Hey, this is rayquaza1995 here

first of all, this is a wonderful yet dangerous suggestion by wolfman

I support on people being unbanned, yet i will not support on them keeping those pokes they obtained unlawfully

Regardless of whoever it is, they should have an option for unbanning themselves, except for few rare nutcases (you know who i am talking about :P)

Second, the money or pokes they obtained are not results of hardwork (or luck :/ )

Thirdly, i dont oppose or support the giveaway in any way (although my heart says i want a chance at those rares too :P), because it just means that poke is changing hands, and someone else is profiting from the same.

Finally, i would like to state that, if they are active again, I ask them to support and help new players, as i remember the scenario when i was new, and what happened before me

I ask this is banned players, did u forget what the thrill of playing a game (the one source of entertainment in your childhood) is like and become a machine who only wants to get rares/money etc? or can you become the child and the person you once were and make yourself and the game great again...

I might get flamed or even shouted at, but i dont care. This is my most favourite childhood game, which will continue to be my favourite adulthood game too :P

Anyways, wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! :party:

Nidhogg signing out


I 100% agree with this... Say a person was banned for using a training bot... They should have to surrender any pokemon they trained with said bot... Or if they were banned for using a pokefinder bot they should have to surrender any pokemon that was obtained by said bot, lastly if they were banned for glitching in unobs/rare pokes they should have to give up those pokes. It is not a hard thing for them to offer them on mods 0 trades, the mods except them, put them into their yard and release them destroying them forever. It would literally take a few minutes not like it's a hard task at all. So I 100% agree with that!!!
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:33 pm
Forum Pokedex:   221 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby glucht23 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:48 pm

W0LF3M4N_trainer wrote:
nidhogg wrote:Hey, this is rayquaza1995 here

first of all, this is a wonderful yet dangerous suggestion by wolfman

I support on people being unbanned, yet i will not support on them keeping those pokes they obtained unlawfully

Regardless of whoever it is, they should have an option for unbanning themselves, except for few rare nutcases (you know who i am talking about :P)

Second, the money or pokes they obtained are not results of hardwork (or luck :/ )

Thirdly, i dont oppose or support the giveaway in any way (although my heart says i want a chance at those rares too :P), because it just means that poke is changing hands, and someone else is profiting from the same.

Finally, i would like to state that, if they are active again, I ask them to support and help new players, as i remember the scenario when i was new, and what happened before me

I ask this is banned players, did u forget what the thrill of playing a game (the one source of entertainment in your childhood) is like and become a machine who only wants to get rares/money etc? or can you become the child and the person you once were and make yourself and the game great again...

I might get flamed or even shouted at, but i dont care. This is my most favourite childhood game, which will continue to be my favourite adulthood game too :P

Anyways, wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! :party:

Nidhogg signing out


I 100% agree with this... Say a person was banned for using a training bot... They should have to surrender any pokemon they trained with said bot... Or if they were banned for using a pokefinder bot they should have to surrender any pokemon that was obtained by said bot, lastly if they were banned for glitching in unobs/rare pokes they should have to give up those pokes. It is not a hard thing for them to offer them on mods 0 trades, the mods except them, put them into their yard and release them destroying them forever. It would literally take a few minutes not like it's a hard task at all. So I 100% agree with that!!!



And then I ask you what is considered botted? Or obtained through other means? How are you to know what we worked for and/or didn't? I still don't even confess to botting as of im sticking to my story of I wasn't online for the past 2 days of when I got banned. But anyways so how would you tell what is so and so "obtained unfairly" because I have a extremely high amount of voids and Rares. Did I use a bot for them? No. Do you know that for certain? No. So there is really no consensus here. I for fact know how much time and what I all spent in order to get all the stuff I have. I remember the nights I could've went out with my friends but I was being a no life searching for a void legendary while watching dragon Ball z or trying to finish a yard so that I could sell the pokemon that was in demand. If it comes to me having to give up all I got in order to be unbanned I'll pass. Me and termes both worked really hard for that stuff idk if he used bot but I know how often he was online replying to my comments on his profile or replying on irc so as of that would mean he was actually there. On his computer. Spending his time on pba. Which time is far more valuable than anything being banned I never had to worry about anyone hacking me and taking everything or anything. So like I was saying. If you want help bringing back PBA to life (which I'm sure bringing the old people back will cause a chain reaction to it) then I'm keeping the stuff I spent the past few YEARS of my life obtaining
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
User avatar
glucht23
Avid Forum Member
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:00 pm
Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:20 pm

glucht23 wrote:
W0LF3M4N_trainer wrote:
nidhogg wrote:Hey, this is rayquaza1995 here

first of all, this is a wonderful yet dangerous suggestion by wolfman

I support on people being unbanned, yet i will not support on them keeping those pokes they obtained unlawfully

Regardless of whoever it is, they should have an option for unbanning themselves, except for few rare nutcases (you know who i am talking about :P)

Second, the money or pokes they obtained are not results of hardwork (or luck :/ )

Thirdly, i dont oppose or support the giveaway in any way (although my heart says i want a chance at those rares too :P), because it just means that poke is changing hands, and someone else is profiting from the same.

Finally, i would like to state that, if they are active again, I ask them to support and help new players, as i remember the scenario when i was new, and what happened before me

I ask this is banned players, did u forget what the thrill of playing a game (the one source of entertainment in your childhood) is like and become a machine who only wants to get rares/money etc? or can you become the child and the person you once were and make yourself and the game great again...

I might get flamed or even shouted at, but i dont care. This is my most favourite childhood game, which will continue to be my favourite adulthood game too :P

Anyways, wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR! :party:

Nidhogg signing out


I 100% agree with this... Say a person was banned for using a training bot... They should have to surrender any pokemon they trained with said bot... Or if they were banned for using a pokefinder bot they should have to surrender any pokemon that was obtained by said bot, lastly if they were banned for glitching in unobs/rare pokes they should have to give up those pokes. It is not a hard thing for them to offer them on mods 0 trades, the mods except them, put them into their yard and release them destroying them forever. It would literally take a few minutes not like it's a hard task at all. So I 100% agree with that!!!



And then I ask you what is considered botted? Or obtained through other means? How are you to know what we worked for and/or didn't? I still don't even confess to botting as of im sticking to my story of I wasn't online for the past 2 days of when I got banned. But anyways so how would you tell what is so and so "obtained unfairly" because I have a extremely high amount of voids and Rares. Did I use a bot for them? No. Do you know that for certain? No. So there is really no consensus here. I for fact know how much time and what I all spent in order to get all the stuff I have. I remember the nights I could've went out with my friends but I was being a no life searching for a void legendary while watching dragon Ball z or trying to finish a yard so that I could sell the pokemon that was in demand. If it comes to me having to give up all I got in order to be unbanned I'll pass. Me and termes both worked really hard for that stuff idk if he used bot but I know how often he was online replying to my comments on his profile or replying on irc so as of that would mean he was actually there. On his computer. Spending his time on pba. Which time is far more valuable than anything being banned I never had to worry about anyone hacking me and taking everything or anything. So like I was saying. If you want help bringing back PBA to life (which I'm sure bringing the old people back will cause a chain reaction to it) then I'm keeping the stuff I spent the past few YEARS of my life obtaining


I agree with that as well. Nobody can really tell what was botted for and what wasn't. But we all know that those special unobs (some of which are still in the hands of people playing this game) were not legit brought in this game so those should have to be handed over. I would never tell anyone they'd have to hand over everything they have rare because there is no proof on what was botted for and what wasn't. Especially because if you look at most OT void legys around a lot have your accounts OT because of using credits.

So not saying you have to give everything up. But, the things that are obvious should be given up.

Another thing is. This thread is basically pointless because the people that could do something about this don't reply to it anyways so looks like we'll just sit around and wait for PBA to die like we have been for these last few years. Glad I wasted my breathe on trying to help. Last time that'll ever happen... GOOD JOB GUYS AND GALS ;p
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:33 pm
Forum Pokedex:   221 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Termes » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:17 am

Hey Wolfie! This is a decent idea, a good portion of strong players of the community have been banned and everyone deserves a second chance. Although the problems are deeper than simply just that I think this would definitely help.

Quite a bit have been banned who were really important regular players not just for keeping the economy running but keeping the community at least a little lively. Also, a lot have just simply moved on...some get bored, some too busy, some leave after having friends leave (however that may come about). But the things is, once one goes down, the rest follow suit and that's why I don't think leaving people banned indefinitely is in the best interests of the game since they are fundamental to the games liveliness. Besides Pokemon, the other thing that people stay and visit here is for friendships and comradery. And when your best friend isn't here tomorrow I doubt you'll be happy to stick around.

But you are challenging a basic and very fundamental concept and rule of the game that helps to keep order. However, instead of order I think it just achieves convenience and in general is a bit deceptive. Sure people get banned as a result but most of the time things just stay the same, the reason that people are able to engage in black market activities is a lot of the time a result of bugs and glitches etc. Banning is an easy fix but it creates problems down the stream as you aren't fixing the actual problem which may be an easily exploitable/non-secure/poor/vulnerable (and that's not to be disrespectful, purely objective) coding, development, structure or systems feature of this game.

Anyway, I don't think the majority of bans are a result of actions that are done with bad intent but rather self-interest. The only reason I think a permanent ban could be reasonable is if you do something malicious, especially repeatedly.

Although this idea may help, there is deeper problems.

Staff. Who's staff here? Minus a few it's no one, hire some new ones, and perhaps getting some insight and influence of vote from the community would be nice instead of the friendship based hiring that gets done. Trial some people, look for some people (within our community) with development/coding/programming skills (ironically, some of the botters with technical computer skills would be good instead of completely turning against them) or some with social/interpersonal skills (to keep the community engaged and that are well liked, known, relatable and just regular players..to smooth out the "us and them"mentality ). Or how about some people with marketing know-how and experience etc.

Also, I know that staffing is purely volunteer work so why not maybe have some rewards or financial imbursement. This is probably why there's barely anymore around, there's no real obligation or incentive to be active but of course, this can only be done beyond a certain point since we are a small community.

Marketing To my knowledge, there's never been an attempt to advertise or even reach out in the slightest to find new players or people. There's 50k+ likes on Facebook alone so there's great opportunity there.

Lack of ownership involvement/Plans A big reason why there's no thrust, eagerness to progress this game or expand the player base is because no one is spearheading operations actively. No one's invested in this wholly, the players come here for fun, the mods/staff for casual work but there's no plan/desire to grow or develop the game. Things do get done here and there but things move slowly. We need more developers or people with the skills able to move this game forward to be actively commited.

Search Engine Optimization Maybe some investment here. For example, when you type, 'pokemon game' or 'pokemon games' I couldn't even find PBA for about the first 5 pages. You will find it on the 2nd page if you type 'pokemon game online' though. But this is probably something down the track for something more successful and driven with plans to expand to be doing.

Anyway, that's enough nonsense from me!
Termes
Fanatic Forum Member
 
Posts: 1509
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:07 am
Location: Melbourne, AUS
Forum Pokedex:   542 Seen

Re: An Idea To Save This Game (No updates req.) (TIME 4 ACTI

Postby Navgun » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:00 am

Termes wrote:Hey Wolfie! This is a decent idea, a good portion of strong players of the community have been banned and everyone deserves a second chance. Although the problems are deeper than simply just that I think this would definitely help.

Quite a bit have been banned who were really important regular players not just for keeping the economy running but keeping the community at least a little lively. Also, a lot have just simply moved on...some get bored, some too busy, some leave after having friends leave (however that may come about). But the things is, once one goes down, the rest follow suit and that's why I don't think leaving people banned indefinitely is in the best interests of the game since they are fundamental to the games liveliness. Besides Pokemon, the other thing that people stay and visit here is for friendships and comradery. And when your best friend isn't here tomorrow I doubt you'll be happy to stick around.

But you are challenging a basic and very fundamental concept and rule of the game that helps to keep order. However, instead of order I think it just achieves convenience and in general is a bit deceptive. Sure people get banned as a result but most of the time things just stay the same, the reason that people are able to engage in black market activities is a lot of the time a result of bugs and glitches etc. Banning is an easy fix but it creates problems down the stream as you aren't fixing the actual problem which may be an easily exploitable/non-secure/poor/vulnerable (and that's not to be disrespectful, purely objective) coding, development, structure or systems feature of this game.

Anyway, I don't think the majority of bans are a result of actions that are done with bad intent but rather self-interest. The only reason I think a permanent ban could be reasonable is if you do something malicious, especially repeatedly.

Although this idea may help, there is deeper problems.

Staff. Who's staff here? Minus a few it's no one, hire some new ones, and perhaps getting some insight and influence of vote from the community would be nice instead of the friendship based hiring that gets done. Trial some people, look for some people (within our community) with development/coding/programming skills (ironically, some of the botters with technical computer skills would be good instead of completely turning against them) or some with social/interpersonal skills (to keep the community engaged and that are well liked, known, relatable and just regular players..to smooth out the "us and them"mentality ). Or how about some people with marketing know-how and experience etc.

Also, I know that staffing is purely volunteer work so why not maybe have some rewards or financial imbursement. This is probably why there's barely anymore around, there's no real obligation or incentive to be active but of course, this can only be done beyond a certain point since we are a small community.

Marketing To my knowledge, there's never been an attempt to advertise or even reach out in the slightest to find new players or people. There's 50k+ likes on Facebook alone so there's great opportunity there.

Lack of ownership involvement/Plans A big reason why there's no thrust, eagerness to progress this game or expand the player base is because no one is spearheading operations actively. No one's invested in this wholly, the players come here for fun, the mods/staff for casual work but there's no plan/desire to grow or develop the game. Things do get done here and there but things move slowly. We need more developers or people with the skills able to move this game forward to be actively commited.

Search Engine Optimization Maybe some investment here. For example, when you type, 'pokemon game' or 'pokemon games' I couldn't even find PBA for about the first 5 pages. You will find it on the 2nd page if you type 'pokemon game online' though. But this is probably something down the track for something more successful and driven with plans to expand to be doing.

Anyway, that's enough nonsense from me!


Thats actually senseful ... we all may agree to that but again the same problem arrives... which is there are no devs around..:| thinking this game of a business would make this a lot more popular...and yea , the publicity points you covered are true... + if suppose the new guys even go on page 2 of google results... what do we get?...the registration page is broken -_-...its like a closed jar...where nothing can come in..and whats inside is just trapped...

I have personally lost my hopes and think that this game will be dead in coming 2 years or so, if the condition remains same...(all the players will quit).
Well it can be saved with a Dev returning (who is senseful and democratic[listens to everyone and takes the right decision {Not like showing up on a random fine day, and ban every suspicious player}])...but seemingly it would be like a miracle to all of the pba community...not just the current ones... but also you guys... Yep you guys are also a part of the family.. :3 ...we actually kinda miss the ban people... (ofc thats why this thread is made for)

So, i just hope for miracle, ...

Crashing, hit a wall
Right now I need a miracle
Hurry up now, I need a miracle
Stranded, reaching out
I call your name but you're not around
I say your name but you're not around
I need you, I need you, I need you right now
Yeah, I need you right now
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
I think I'm losing my mind now
It's in my head, darling I hope
That you'll be here, when I need you the most
So don't let me, don't let me, don't let me down
D-Don't let me down
Don't let me down
Don't let me down, down, down
Don't let me down, don't let me down, down, down

Thats lyrics^^

Image




~~~~~~~~Used To Had Trust In Humanity Once~~~~~~~~

User avatar
Navgun
Trainers
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:24 pm
Forum Pokedex:   178 Seen

Next

Return to PBA Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron