Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Reporting Ash

Reporting Ash

Postby harman19 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:26 pm

Well , Ash just keeps on kicking people who dont use igns in the chat . It doesnt matter whether they are away and the nick is non offensive . I think it is really stupid thing to do as some of the newbies find actually difficult to change nick because of the +n mode .
Plus I even showed him the forum thread made by Hockey51 where the allowance for non ign people was made . But he just ignored me and told me to stop >.>
I would really appreciate if he stops the unnecessary kicking .
<Sherlock> i was talking to katey just now . Couldnt believe tht she was real.
<TaylorSwift> who is katey
<Sherlock> so I pinched myself and now i am awake.
<Sherlock> funny dreams.
<Bohemia> Shes shinyteddi's imaginary gf
<Bohemia> >_>
<Sherlock> x.X
<TaylorSwift> much better than John-117's imaginary game
<Sherlock> lmao
<Bohemia> Lol
<Sherlock> this is funny i gonna ss this.
harman19
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   274 Seen

Re: Reporting Ash

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:17 am

Screenshots? Proof?

If this is meant to be a complaint only thread please post it to the General PBA forum.

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!
(since he's pretty much the only active mod here)

PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   555 Seen

Postby theashman83 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:05 pm

harman19 wrote:Well , Ash just keeps on kicking people who dont use igns in the chat . It doesnt matter whether they are away and the nick is non offensive .

The main reason for asking people to use their ign's is so we can catch out ban evaders, of which there have been an increasing number of recently. Plus the fact it just makes it easier and more efficient to have your ign rather than some codename or w/e you want to call it.

harman19 wrote:some of the newbies find actually difficult to change nick because of the +n mode .

You seem to not be noticing when someone asks how to change their nick and give them an answer. :|

harman19 wrote:Plus I even showed him the forum thread made by Hockey51 where the allowance for non ign people was made

These topics, as you well know yourself, are after outdated, and therefore don't always apply to current situations.

I've also noticed you've only reported/complained about me. Do I need to remind you that other staff do it as well? It seems a bit strange you're just complaining about me. :|

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby harman19 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:50 pm

PrincessPhoenix wrote:Screenshots? Proof?

If this is meant to be a complaint only thread please post it to the General PBA forum.

yea , its more like complaint thread . But since the mod in question refused to even acknowledge the problem , I had to report .

theashman83 wrote:
I've also noticed you've only reported/complained about me. Do I need to remind you that other staff do it as well? It seems a bit strange you're just complaining about me. :|

Well , its because at my time only you are the active staff .Its not like i am picking on you >.> .

Screenshots :

There are lot of people who dont use their igns and still come on chat . Also , to catch ban evaders its better to ask them their ign rather than just to bluntly kick them . Plus in the 3rd SS we can see he knew about the guy's ign and still kicked him later for not using it.

I talked to Ash once more and he talked about the ambiguity in IRC rules .So I request to update the first rule 1. Use your in game/forum nickname.
<Sherlock> funny dreams.
<Bohemia> >_>
<Sherlock> x.X
<Sherlock> lmao
<Bohemia> Lol
harman19
Trainers

Postby theashman83 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:59 pm

harman19 wrote:
Well , its because at my time only you are the active staff .Its not like i am picking on you >.> .

Well you obviously have the capability to find logs of other staff doing what I do.

harman19 wrote:
Screenshots :

This is normal. Again, I'm not the only one who does it.

harman19 wrote:Image

This was more a case of 'One nick per ip/user', so that may have been a more appropriate reason to give.

This sort of thing I have decided is ok (using a different nick to your ign), but ONLY if that user makes it known.

*See the comment for the 1st screenshot*

One of these nicks I didn't feel was appropriate, the other swore in a different channel, and used a nick previously used multiple times by a ban evader, I recall.

harman19 wrote:There are lot of people who don't use their igns and still come on chat .

It is known who they are, so I don't see it as a problem. It's people who are new to the community, or use nicks unseen before that are asked. If they wish to keep their current nick, all they have to do is say who they are and what their ign is. Simplez.

harman19 wrote:Also , to catch ban evaders its better to ask them their ign rather than just to bluntly kick them .

Most of the time these ban evaders make up excuses to hide their real identities to try and get round the ban. You ask them their ign, they make a bunch of excuses, and sometimes new accounts to try and get around it.

harman19 wrote:Plus in the 3rd SS we can see he knew about the guy's ign and still kicked him later for not using it.

See comment for 3rd screenshot.

harman19 wrote:So I request to update the first rule 1. Use your in game/forum nickname.

I agree, although probably updating it to something other than what you're thinking.

PBA Staff
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Postby harman19 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:14 pm

Well , I went to check my logs again and saw that Fandango also takes this rule very seriously . Anyway , the amendment for the rule has already been suggested in the thread

http://www.pbaforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20622

Quoting princessphoenix -

"1) Don't use an offensive/troublemaking nick or a nick that impersonates someone
2) Don't use the client default nick, which here would be PBA_#### or mib_#### (as for guests, we were asked to stop kicking guests because most of the ones idling in chat were BNCs that got disconnected during netsplits)
3) If anyone asks what their IGN is, they are required to tell them. No "it's a secret" or else they will be kicked.
"

Its only the question of implementing it .

Offtopic : lolwut Ash ? Saying others do it , does not make it a valid reason.
<Sherlock> funny dreams.
<Bohemia> >_>
<Sherlock> x.X
<Sherlock> lmao
<Bohemia> Lol
harman19
Trainers

Postby theashman83 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:40 pm

harman19 wrote:Quoting princessphoenix -

"1) Don't use an offensive/troublemaking nick or a nick that impersonates someone
2) Don't use the client default nick, which here would be PBA_#### or mib_#### (as for guests, we were asked to stop kicking guests because most of the ones idling in chat were BNCs that got disconnected during netsplits)
3) If anyone asks what their IGN is, they are required to tell them. No "it's a secret" or else they will be kicked.
"

This is fine by me, the third point especially.

harman19 wrote:Offtopic : lolwut Ash ? Saying others do it , does not make it a valid reason.

Well, my official 'title' if you like is Staff in Training. If I see other staff doing it (such as Fandango, who you mentioned earlier), then I see it as my role to copy that action to an extent that I see fit. If any of the senior, more-experienced staff fell I'm doing something wrong, they are more than welcome to tell me so themselves.

PBA Staff
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Postby DarkAizen » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:21 am

I declare u officially as the greatest geek of PBA BB! YAYZ :clap: :clap:
Credits to Terrah for the Avatar and Banner.
DarkAizen
Lord of the Storms

Forum Pokedex:   333 Seen

Return to IRC reports