Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

[PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

[PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Drakon » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:20 am

•Include your in-game name - Chinmay11(main)

•Reason of your ban - Image

•How long you were banned - Indefinite.

•Who you were banned by - Don't know. (Administrator?)

•Why you should be unbanned - I haven't botted. I am assuming that "on register" means on the register page for PBA. Yes I do have quite a few accounts. But none of them "bot". While registering I went through the painstaking process a bunch of times. Even while logging in. The only small amount of automation I am related to is the fact that my browser stores my passwords. Now, that can hardly be called botting. I know I have posted the appeal a bit late(a month), but I was preoccupied with studies and moving homes.

Thank you in advance.
IGN=Chinmay11
Drakon
Trainers
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 am
Forum Pokedex:   253 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Rem » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:00 am

................................................................................................................ there's at least 2000 accounts.
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
User avatar
Rem
The Howling Ghost
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:23 am
Location: Wisconsin
Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:44 am

You are correct that "botting on registrar" is referring to the excessive amount of account creation. You have over 2500 accounts in total attached to you, and about 1500 of them were recently registered.

(I even told you in the past to be careful with the number of accounts you make. I guess you didn't listen, but such is life.)

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!
(since he's pretty much the only active mod here)


Image

User avatar
PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:51 am
Location: The middle of the Pacific Ocean
Forum Pokedex:   555 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Drakon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:12 am

Yes you did.
But is making excessive accounts against the rules in PBA?

And I say again--
"I haven't botted ..... Yes I do have quite a few accounts. But none of them "bot". While registering I went through the painstaking process a bunch of times. Even while logging in."
IGN=Chinmay11
Drakon
Trainers
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 am
Forum Pokedex:   253 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:48 am

It is not the amount of accounts (although it is a red flag there), it's the manner in which you have done so. Simply stating "I didn't bot on the registration page" does not change anything regarding this appeal. But it's not really up to me alone to unban and I would have declined the appeal anyways.

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!
(since he's pretty much the only active mod here)


Image

User avatar
PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:51 am
Location: The middle of the Pacific Ocean
Forum Pokedex:   555 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Drakon » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:53 am

Well I would like some proof(if there is any) that I bot.
Not that you need proof to ban me. It's not my game. But still, any proof?
If I were in court, I'd ask someone who actually knows about botting to help me. :P
But I don't think there is any proof. Please be fair?
IGN=Chinmay11
Drakon
Trainers
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 am
Forum Pokedex:   253 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Rem » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:36 pm

Are you really asking us to be fair?
You made 2500 accounts so you can buy credit pokemon, which isn't exactly being "fair" yourself.

Now before you say "It's not against the rules" let me give you some math.

In order to login all of those accounts, you would need to spend 4-5 hours at high speed logging in and logging out (not spending any time doing anything else, AND assuming they have the same password. If you took your time, and took breaks that could be up to 6-7 hours.
When you cash them in, that would take the whole day. So while having credit farms isn't against the rules, botting is. And from what it looks like you're doing, is botting by automatically logging in each of those accounts. The only thing that you probably do "legit" is go in each account to buy a credit pokemon.
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
User avatar
Rem
The Howling Ghost
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:23 am
Location: Wisconsin
Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Drakon » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:50 am

"In order to login all of those accounts, you would need to spend 4-5 hours at high speed logging in and logging out (not spending any time doing anything else, AND assuming they have the same password. If you took your time, and took breaks that could be up to 6-7 hours.
When you cash them in, that would take the whole day. So while having credit farms isn't against the rules, botting is. And from what it looks like you're doing, is botting by automatically logging in each of those accounts. The only thing that you probably do "legit" is go in each account to buy a credit pokemon."

It takes me 3 hours to login to all those accounts. Your math is flawed, at best. Three hours is easily manageable for anyone who plays PBA. Heck, people battle for 7-8 hours a day. I just put in my time in something more productive. I have to admit though, that it's boring. I realized that logging into 2000 accounts was highly impractical. SO if you check Account logs you'll notice that there have been very few logins. You are hyperbolizing the amount of time it would take me. There is really no proof.
"Not that you need proof to ban me. It's not my game. But still, any proof?"
I really haven't botted or anything. I'm 16, I know a bit of JAVA from Computer Applications in school and that's all. Please unban me? Or at least let me start afresh?

P.S. Sorry for the late reply.
IGN=Chinmay11
Drakon
Trainers
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 am
Forum Pokedex:   253 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Rem » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Me and some staff members were testing it out ourselves so it's not "logic" it's fact. It would take two hours to login to the same account 2000 times, and 3-4 hours to login to multiple accounts 2000 times.

I'm not the one who banned you, so I'm not approving nor denying this ban appeal. However, whoever banned you (I'm not sure who it was) can say otherwise.
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
User avatar
Rem
The Howling Ghost
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:23 am
Location: Wisconsin
Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Drakon » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:59 am

JProcks wrote:Me and some staff members were testing it out ourselves so it's not "logic" it's fact. It would take two hours to login to the same account 2000 times, and 3-4 hours to login to multiple accounts 2000 times.

I'm not the one who banned you, so I'm not approving nor denying this ban appeal. However, whoever banned you (I'm not sure who it was) can say otherwise.


Thank you for your support/denial. If you wanted, I could show you how it only takes 3 hours to login. I guess I have to wait for whoever banned me.
Thanks Rem.
IGN=Chinmay11
Drakon
Trainers
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 am
Forum Pokedex:   253 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Bad News Tommo » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:46 pm

I'm afraid i've got some bad news, due to the astronomical amount of accounts that you automized registration for your appeal has been and will continue to be [Denied] Thank you
Image
User avatar
Bad News Tommo
Gym Leaders
 
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:42 pm
Location: Hell! ..Michigan
Forum Pokedex:   419 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Drakon » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:47 am

Bad News Tommo wrote:I'm afraid i've got some bad news, due to the astronomical amount of accounts that you automized registration for your appeal has been and will continue to be [Denied] Thank you


I would just like to say that there's is NO proof that the registration was automized...
I would like to hear your argument.
IGN=Chinmay11
Drakon
Trainers
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 am
Forum Pokedex:   253 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Rem » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:19 pm

Everything we needed to say has been said, we've given a reason as to why you were banned and if your ban would be removed. Since this appeal has been denied, you can post another in 30 days.
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
User avatar
Rem
The Howling Ghost
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:23 am
Location: Wisconsin
Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Drakon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:58 am

JProcks wrote:Everything we needed to say has been said, we've given a reason as to why you were banned and if your ban would be removed. Since this appeal has been denied, you can post another in 30 days.


And that, my dear, is what a proof less ban looks like. :clap:
IGN=Chinmay11
Drakon
Trainers
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:59 am
Forum Pokedex:   253 Seen

Re: [PBA] Chinmay11's Unban Appeal

Postby Rem » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Drakon wrote:
JProcks wrote:Everything we needed to say has been said, we've given a reason as to why you were banned and if your ban would be removed. Since this appeal has been denied, you can post another in 30 days.


And that, my dear, is what a proof less ban looks like. :clap:


Why would I waste my time for someone who doesn't take the time to read the rules?

Taken from the "How to Appeal" thread

How to Appeal wrote:•Posting an appeal does not guarantee an unban.
•If you are sheltering cheated or illegitimately obtained money or Pokemon, the likelihood of your account being unbanned is very slim. This is because we have no way of manually removing things from accounts.
•Do not harass staff over bans. This includes continuously replying to ban appeals where a decision has already been made and trying to annoy or provoke staff on IRC about your ban appeal. This has a negative effect on your situation.
•Replying with snark or attitude does not go well in ban appeals. Such actions only lead to arguing, which is a waste of time for both parties. Do not expect further replies from staff if you resort to this approach in your ban appeals.


This was updated a month ago, you had plenty of time to read it.
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
User avatar
Rem
The Howling Ghost
 
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:23 am
Location: Wisconsin
Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Next

Return to Ban Appeals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron