Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Why was my account banned?

Why was my account banned?

Postby winniethepooh » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:25 am

I tried logging in tonight to receive a message with no explanation saying my account was banned. Uhhhhh, if I did something wrong the least you could do is explain to me what it was, but as far as I'm concerned I have done nothing wrong and would like my account reactivated. Please Respond.

-- Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:26 pm --

My account name in game is WinnieThePooh if it isn't obvious.
winniethepooh
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   13 Seen

Re: Why was my account banned?

Postby theashman83 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:21 am

What's the ban message exactly when you try to log in?

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby winniethepooh » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:55 pm

The message said, "Your account has been banned, if you believe this has been done in error please visit the ban thread in our forums". Is there something I'm missing?

-- Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:27 am --

Ok now its getting even better. I create an new account to play on since my regular is banned for now, then when i try and sign in on the new one I get this message. "Your account/IP has been banned for indefinite due to storing stolen Pokemon (ID 26021702) that was scammed from TheRush77 and transfered here". So let me get this straight, some guy scams TheRush77, trades me (WinnieThePooh) his scammed pokemon (he gave me the lvl 100 void lucario for my void kadabra) that I had no way of knowing was stolen, and I get banned for that? Is this a joke? Also if and when I ever get unbanned do I keep the stolen pokemon? Or do I get my old void Kadabra back? Or do I get scammed and get my Void Kadabra stolen from me ? And apparently my whole IP address is banned too how awesome! I will post this on the link it gave me as well.
winniethepooh
Trainers

Postby theashman83 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:17 pm

I was hoping this wasn't the case. Yes, you were traded a stolen Pokémon by kek0718.

At this point, I'm not sure which of their (FlameBoyS07's accounts) have been banned, or whether the one currently holding your Void Kadabra (now Alakazam) is banned (the current holder being TakenWorLd).

We'll need to get a game moderator to look at this, but you yourself have done nothing wrong. But under the circumstances, as the scammer kept trading his Pokémon to alternate accounts, your account may have been mistaken as one of his.

One thing I will say though, you commented on kek0718's profile. I also posted on there around 8-10 hours or so before you, stating:

Free_Legy_Yard said "You have now been reported on the forums for scamming."
Free_Legy_Yard said "Return TheRush77`s Void Lucario and the 12m. Otherwise, you will be banned for scamming, FlameBoyS07."

The indicators were there. As with what will happen with the respective Voids, that really depends on whether FlameBoy will admit his wrongs, and do the right thing and reverse this mess.

PBA Staff
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Postby winniethepooh » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:33 pm

I posted on "keks" profile because he messaged me about trading prices. Although like you said the indicators were there since you had also posted on his account about the stolen Pokemon, I didn't read any of the other messages. I went on, posted my message and left. I don't read every comment on every page I visit. Nevertheless, when can we expect this to be reviewed by a moderator? As in how long should I be expecting to be banned?

-- Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:32 pm --

Well I get wrongfully and mistakenly banned within a matter of only a few hours after being traded a stolen Pokemon. Get directed to this forum where I'm supposedly able to get unbanned. Why is it only take a few hours to get banned, but its been over a week and I have yet to get a response or unban? I've spent money on this game and play by all the rules and my only way of getting unbanned is being directed to this inactive forum? I mean, I scrolled down and most if not all of the ban appeals in the last year have no replies. Well looks like you lost one active member of your game community this is a great way to make your game more popular, was fun while it lasted.
winniethepooh
Trainers

Postby theashman83 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:46 am

Alright, we can unban your account, just so long as you agree to send the Void Lucario (ID is in your second post in this thread) to me so I can pass it to the rightful owner when they get online.

PBA Staff
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Postby winniethepooh » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:32 am

Yes I agree to return the Lucario, but just as a side question is there any way i get my void Alakazam back? Not sure what happened to him, he was the one I traded for the Lucario. Only reason I bring this up is because me returning the Lucario doesn't exactly fix the problem, if I don't get my Alakazam back, it just shifts the burden of "victim" from the Lucario owner onto me. Its like moving a pile of poop from one corner of the room to another corner of the room instead of just scooping it up and throwing it in the trash, just moving the problem and not actually fixing it. If the scammer refuses to return my Alakazam(not sure if he has or not, if he returns it then everything is fine), either me or this Lucario owner will be short a Pokemon and one of us will get "scammed" regardless. Either I keep the Lucario, and the Lucario owner is short a Pokemon, or I return the Lucario, and I'm short a Pokemon, either way one of us is screwed, I just don't see how its fair to make me the victim, since if anyone has to get screwed over (picking the shiniest of two turds as another analogy), it should be the guy who trusted this scammer(the Lucario owner), not the innocent bystander that got dragged into this mess(me). I don't feel that it is my responsibility to do a background check on every Pokemon that I am offered to make sure it isn't stolen, when I'm offered a trade, I assume I am allowed to keep the Pokemon when I hit "accept trade". I traded one of my valued Pokemon in thinking that I would be able to keep this Lucario in a fair and honest trade. It sucks for the Lucario owner I get it, but in fairness to me, I don't see how returning the Lucario is an option if I don't get my Alakazam back in return. it should be a learning experience for him to not trust people over the internet from now on. As I said earlier it is 100% his own fault for being naive enough to trust someone over the internet, and if anyone should suffer the consequences, it should be him, the Lucario owner. Not to mention I've been wrongfully banned for over two months I think I've been punished enough. This is just how I see the situation and I doubt it will change your mind, I just thought you should understand my view on this. Either way I will return the Lucario as promised if forced too, losing one Pokemon is still better then being banned if its my only option. Also I think my entire IP address is banned not just the account, so I believe both will need to be unbanned.

Thanks Ash
winniethepooh
Trainers

Postby theashman83 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:50 pm

I agree that it's not fair.

But at the same time, the warnings were there. And this way, at least someone has a chance of getting their Pokémon back. You never know, when the Lucario owner comes online next, you two might be able to work something out :)

Your account has been unbanned. Please offer the Void Lucario on one of the $0 trades on Free_Legy_Yard. I'll keep hold of it until the owner is online to take it back. Thanks for your cooperation.

PBA Staff
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Postby winniethepooh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:46 am

Done
winniethepooh
Trainers

Postby theashman83 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:22 am

winniethepooh wrote:Done

Confirmed.

PBA Staff
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

You have encountered a wild Entei!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby Littlejoker » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:17 pm

How about we check out some other ban appeals who do not have reasons for the ban?
Littlejoker
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   11 Seen

Return to Ban Appeals