Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

[PBA] Ban Appeal

[PBA] Ban Appeal

Postby Incarael » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:46 pm

IGN: Incarael
Reason for ban: Botting(?)
Length of ban: Indefinite

Reason for unban:
Full disclosure - I downloaded 'PBA bot' as I was intrigued as to some of the features and to look at the source code as I wanted to make something similar as part of a college project (unrelated to this game, I wanted to see a live example of how to interact with external scripts to make a basic AI able to play the game I made as a part of that same course). So I made a second account 'Bossman420' in order to test this out. I then proceeded to use certain features of the bot, the auto-purchase of large quantities of lotto tickets (A quality of life feature as it allowed me to do other things while it purchases them) and the effect that I did not immediately realize was available, the page refresh (Stops you from being automatically signed out, which is why I had the 5000+ min session), as i didn't see these as particularly cheaty features; again, trying to purchase 1000 lotto tickets on my connection would take the best part of an hour and the session time extension can be done using a variety of auto-refresh extensions available.

With this being said, I did not personally use the auto-encounter feature on my Incarael account. Yesterday (11/Apr/17) I foolishly allowed my nephew to use my account whilst he was at my house. [Cliche excuse alert I know] He seemed interested in what I was doing, and I had other jobs that I needed to do, so I let him use it unsupervised. He never said anything about using the extension or getting the account banned, which is why when I tried to get on this morning I was rather confused.
I have since removed the extension from my browser, and he is banned from using my PC for any reason from now on...

I know this sounds like the cliche 'it wasn't me' excuse but it genuinely was not. If I spend money on a game, I am not going to go out of my way to cheat and risk a ban.

Thanks for your consideration.

-Alex aka Incarael
Incarael
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   2 Seen

Re: [PBA] Ban Appeal

Postby Termes » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:28 pm

Hey! Had a look at this case. Checked your accounts new and old and you appear pretty tame with catching. Your report was this precisely, "Was reported for botting on route 7 with video evidence provided. Was also observed in live time."

It barely looks like you even touched the bot, or if you even did. And If you did use it please don't use it again. Anyway I've unbanned you.
Termes
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   549 Seen

Return to Ban Appeals