Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

How to Build a Yard (also details How to Release Pokemon)

Contains guides on Frequently Asked Questions and other things. This area is NOT for asking questions, use the Gameplay Questions and Queries area for that.

How to Build a Yard (also details How to Release Pokemon)

Postby Amun » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:21 pm

How to Build a Yard

What you'll need:
Money enough to buy the house and all the pokeballs you will need. (If you are building a yard of 100 legies you'll want at least $1,020,000)
Lots of time.
Lots of patience.
I have found insomnia to be an asset in yard building... :lol:

Step 0:
• Set a goal for which pokemon you want in your yard and how many you want to have.
   ○ Encounter rate can play a big part in this.
   ○ Regular pokemon are easy to encounter, some rare pokemon and starters are more difficult, and legendaries are rarest of all.
   ○ The rarer a pokemon is, the more of them you will want to put in your yard if you wish for them to be fairly common and to make it less of a headache to find specials
   ○ I have found that having at least 400 of a certain pokemon gives me the ability to find special versions much more frequently. You can find specials with as few as 1 pokemon in your yard, but you up your odds of doing so by upping the population.
   ○ Know which pokemon to NOT add to your yard. Uncatchable pokemon like Slowking, most fakemon (Aquaff etc.) cannot be caught no matter how many you put in.
       • New Development: Certain fakemon like Rainbow Ponyta can be caught in yards but only if you release the evolved form. This seems to only apply to fakemon that either are or were catchable on maps and they will be quite rare in your yard.
   ○ Pokemon will be found unevolved so putting in an Uncatchable like Gallade or Leafeon will not give you more Gallade and Leafeon. Instead, you will either find nothing (as they do not have an encounter rate) or you will find Ralts and Eevee.

Step 1:
• Buy a House ($20,000)
   ○ Be sure to have at least 20k on your account.
   ○ Navigate to where you can buy a house.
   ○ Buy the house.

Step 2:
• Obtain the "seed" pokemon for your yard.
   ○ This can be done with as few as 3-5 of the pokemon in question if you don't mind a ton of work and time.
   ○ The best seed is 100 of the pokemon in question as that makes finding them in your yard relatively easy.
   ○ I generally start with a seed of about 20 of the pokemon in question.

Step 3:
• Obtain the pokeballs you will want.
   ○ If you are building a yard of legendary pokemon you will want to use only Masterballs to save you time and sanity.
   ○ For yards of regular pokemon I have found that ultraballs work just fine and can save you a lot of money.

Step 4:
• Deposit your "seed" pokemon into your yard and accept them.
1. Go to your yard.
2. Release pokemon.
3. Go to your House Info.
4. Accept or Reject the pokemon.

Step 5:
• Walk around your yard and find Pokemon, catch them, then deposit them into your yard as well. (No this does not deplete the number of pokemon you have in your yard. Think of these as the offspring of the pokemon you released. :D )

Step 6:
• Repeat steps 4 and 5 until you have the desired number of pokemon in your yard.
• I have found that the first 100 are the hardest, after that it is quite easy to build up your yard to whatever population you were targetting as the pokemon in question becomes much easier to find.

Step 7: Maintaining your yard
• Maintenance is simple, as months are generally just a bit more than 4 weeks, donate 1/4th of the population of your yard once a week. By donating weekly like this, not all of your pokemon will run away at the same time and you can maintain whatever population you wish.
• However, not everyone will want to maintain their yard. It can also be very profitable and fun to erase the yard you have built after catching the specials you were interested in and then starting over. By doing this repeatedly, you can eventually have every type of every catchable pokemon.

Congratulations, you now have an Awesome Yard in which you can likely find special versions of your pokemon and can maintain it for as long as you wish.

Please leave a comment if you found this to be useful.
Last edited by Amun on Sat May 29, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Guild Master Builder!
Highest Achieved Global Rank: 21 Now slipping due to lack of battling.
Amun
Yard Master

Forum Pokedex:   0 Seen

Postby Last » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:43 pm

an awesome guide from a more awesome guy.this is an exlusive yard building guide at the forums.i wonder wat amun sir will do, if every1 implement this guide for their yards?anyways, good work sir......
Last
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   564 Seen

Re:

Postby Amun » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:27 pm

lasthallow2009 wrote:an awesome guide from a more awesome guy.this is an exlusive yard building guide at the forums.i wonder wat amun sir will do, if every1 implement this guide for their yards?anyways, good work sir......

Thank you last, that is kind of you to say.

I think it would be a fun game where people use this guide. I'd love to have people like that in my Guild. But I'm not too worried over losing business, not everyone has the patience and perserverance to do this.

Please let me know if you see any way I can improve this guide.
Guild Master Builder!
Amun
Yard Master

Re: How to Build a Yard

Postby Shohs » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Perhaps you should add information about maintaining a yard so it doesn't completely vanish after one month, and have to start over. Maybe add so many per day?
Shohs
Forever in love.

Forum Pokedex:   189 Seen

Postby X-Gen-|.Peh13-| » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:01 pm

What if you add screenshots? :]
[20:16:01] Kyle: and i was like :o then im like Image now im all like 8)
X-Gen-|.Peh13-|
Cuarto Espada

Forum Pokedex:   98 Seen

Postby Amun » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Shohs wrote:Perhaps you should add information about maintaining a yard so it doesn't completely vanish after one month, and have to start over. Maybe add so many per day?

Good suggestion. Done.
peh14 wrote:What if you add screenshots? :]

Thank you for the suggestion. For which parts do you think a screenshot would be helpful?
Guild Master Builder!
Amun
Yard Master

Postby X-Gen-|.Peh13-| » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:18 pm

how to buy A house
how to release
that kind of stuff ^^
[20:16:01] Kyle: and i was like :o then im like Image now im all like 8)
X-Gen-|.Peh13-|
Cuarto Espada

Forum Pokedex:   98 Seen

Postby ramshakal » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:40 am

hey i kinda new with this house stuff so i dont get the first step which says i have to find a seed for a pokemon
how do we do that?
ramshakal
Trainers

Postby Shohs » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:43 am

Find a bunch of the pokemon to start off with. Amun uses groups of 20. So he goes out and catches 20 of the pokemon for use as his "seed".
Shohs
Forever in love.

Postby Emma_MK » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:26 am

I cant seem to find where i add pokemon to my yard :(
If it the part where it says 'Pokemon Released in my Front Yard' Then no pokemon appear :( If its somewhere else, i cant find it XD
Emma_MK
Trainers

Postby Shohs » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 am

You have to actually go to you yard. There will be a little dropdown box to release pokemon, then you have to go to the part you mentioned to accept them.
Shohs
Forever in love.

Postby Emma_MK » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:36 am

Thank you <3
Emma_MK
Trainers

You have encountered a wild Grotle!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby Shohs » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:42 am

Not a problem.
Shohs
Forever in love.

Postby X-Gen-|.Usman.|.Khan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:31 pm

so u mean the number of pokes in the yard doesnt decrease if u get them out of ur yard and put them bak.... :lol: :rofl:

-- Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 pm --

how can u see the number of pokes in ur yard..
X-Gen-|.Usman.|.Khan
Rocket Suppliers

Forum Pokedex:   32 Seen

Postby Amun » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:02 am

usmankhan wrote:so u mean the number of pokes in the yard doesnt decrease if u get them out of ur yard and put them bak(?)

No the number in your yard does not decrease when you catch pokemon from your yard. You can think of it as if you are catching the, dare I say, offspring of the pokemon you released. However, the pokemon you released do leave your yard after one month.

So, the population of your yard does not decrease when you catch pokemon, but it does decrease over time.

usmankhan wrote:how can u see the number of pokes in ur yard(?)

Mouseover "Trainer HQ". Click on "My House" in the dropdown that appears. Scroll down.

You should now see a screen that looks similar to "My Pokemon". Each page shows 20 Pokemon. Therefore if you have 5 pages of a certain pokemon you have 100 of them, if you have 20 pages, you have 400, and so on.
Guild Master Builder!
Amun
Yard Master

Next

Return to FAQs and Guides