Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Tips on how to NOT get hacked/scammed.

Contains guides on Frequently Asked Questions and other things. This area is NOT for asking questions, use the Gameplay Questions and Queries area for that.

Tips on how to NOT get hacked/scammed.

Postby Funnycrater » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:21 pm

I decided to make a topic with tips on how to not get scammed and hacked considering its become common.

The biggest thing you must keep in mind when doing anything on pba/irc/forum is this;
Sharks wrote:For your safety and consideration, I'm asking you not to TRUST ingame/forums/IRC of PBA. Some might cheat you easily.

Tips to avoid scam
No matter how nice someone appears to be there is a chance of them scamming you.So beware and Remember do not trust anyone.

High Exp Scam:
A common way of getting scammed is when someone says they are selling a high exp pokemon,and scam the buyer.How? here is an example:

Suppose someone is selling a Shiny Deoxys with 800million,and they want 600million for it.They will set up a shiny Deoxys level 100 and when you offer the money and accept you realize the Shiny Deoxys you recieved has only 1million exp.Now you are left with no money(or if your rich you might have some :P) and no Shiny Deoxys with 800million exp.So BE CAREFUL when buying Top Ten/High Exp pokemon

Yard scam:
Another way of being scammed is by getting fooled to join a so called "highly rare yard".Even screen shots can be frauded, I am not saying everyone is a liar but be careful.If someone approaches you on their own.And there yard is openly advertised its usually a scam especially if its something rare like a "50 page gallade yard".They will probably approach you and ask for a lot to join and when you join you find Nothing in there,and if your lucky you might find a caterpie -.-.If a yard is on the forum its most likely to be true as I don't think anyone is silly enough to post a frauded yard on the forum with frauded screen shots for the mods to learn about and ban the scammer.Remember people try scamming behind mods backs.The yards that are always true are ones approved by kisu :).So be careful when joining yards.

Cheats/Codes/Glicth scam:

Many user "claim" to know how to get rare thing with cheats/glitches/codes.They might say that they know how to get 50 credits a day instead of 1 or how to get 1 golden a day without donating or how to get a rare like gallade with 100credits.They are all Fake.So Beware of these scammers as they are most likely to fool you and there are too downsides for you if you are involved in this situation, 1. your most likely to get scammed and loose whatever you offered the scammer, 2. if a moderator catches you or someone reports you,your most likely to be banned for buying cheats as cheating isn't allowed.

Fake Hackers
People say they will "hack" you if you don't give them all your stuff/golds/rarers thats a scam if someone like that approaches you report to an in game moderator like Kisu.Do not be fooled by this silly trick,if they wanted your things and they COULD hack you they would.

Daycare
I am not cussing daycare as I know many people who can be trusted with uncathables and goldens to be trained, I am just saying only give your pokemon to daycare if you know the person and you/your friends have had good experiances with them.Most people "claim" to do daycare but its just to steal your pokemon, and they always target your best pokemon in your lineup/trades.For example if I had a team consisting of; Shiny Lapras,shiny pidgey,shiny darkrema,shiny meowth,shiny caterpie and shiny weedle,which do you think the scammer will target?Most likely shiny darkrema and as soon as I give it away for "daycare" Its gone for good,so beware of this scam.

Hackers:

Another common thing is when users give away there password.Which has a word Stupid.Never EVER give away your password in any matter whatsoever,or your hacked and its illegal to share accounts/give away passwords so you'll probably get banned too.

Here is an example:

<hacker> : HI I know a money cheat,I can get you upto 500million easy!
<victim> : Cool can you get me 500m!
<hacker> : Sure I'll just need your username and password
<victim> : Okay sure, username: victim password: Iamdumbenoughtogethacked
<victim> : Are you done yet?
<hacker> : If you mean done hacking you then yeah hahaha
<victim> : Noooooo gimme my account back please!!!!!!!!!
<hacker> : bye hahaha nice you have 7m and shiny legends and they are mine hahaha!

Cruel eh? well one thing its totally YOUR Fault,I don't mean to sound mean but seriously why would you trust someone like that?

Always have a strong password:

Make sure you have a complicated/strong password that only you would know otherwise there is a slight chance you may get hacked.E.G don't keep it something simple and easy to guess like "password" or "123456789" ,Try keeping it complicated,but something that you can remember, you could make it a mix of things e.g your first name + your the year you were born + your favourite food :P, here is an example "jason1994lovescake" or something better.

Link hacks:
If someone tells you to click on a link that looks dodgey Don't it could be rude,a virus, most likely a hack.If you know the site then there isn't much danger but READ THE URL FIRST like if it says http://www.pokemonbattlearena.net/membe ... ?U=3204956 (mr profile link ;) ) its true because as you see the main link is www.pokemonbattlearena.net which is the site we use, if its different like http://www.pokemonbattlearena.tk/members/trainer.php?U=3204956 its probably a hack as the main url is www.pokemonbattlarena.tk instead of "net".Get the idea?
Most URL's used on IRC etc are www.pbaforum.net,www.pokemonbattlearena.net and screen shot sites like imageshack and tinypic.Just know the url before you click any link.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading I am working on adding more ideas to help people not falling for these silly scams and hacks,if you know anyway and have a solution to not be fooled/hacked/scammed please submit her.Hope this guide helps ^^

TIP

Credits to Jig-Saw for the awesmazing Avatar.
Credits to DarkDrapion for the Awesome Banner ^^.
Funnycrater
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   535 Seen

Re: Tips on how to NOT get hacked/scammed.

Postby Termes » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Wow, nice job, great guide.
Termes
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   549 Seen

You have encountered a wild Togekiss!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby Funnycrater » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:20 am

Termes wrote:Wow, nice job, great guide.

Thanks ^^ gratz your first post xD

TIP

Funnycrater
Avid Forum Member

Postby aky47 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:15 am

nice. just hearing that person said ya done hacking your profile makes me wanna punch em in the face :@
[img[IMG]http://i1126.photobucket.com/albums/l610/Aky4712/Untitled-9.png[/IMG]][/img]
aky47
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   221 Seen

Postby Zephyr » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:05 am

Good work! :rock:
Now nubs won't get hacked anymore.

Image---> Creditz to Last.

Image--> Click to download KVIrc client
TIP

Zephyr
The Amazing Shiny Deoxys Trainer

Forum Pokedex:   244 Seen

Postby Funnycrater » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:42 pm

Zephyr wrote:Good work! :rock:
Now nubs won't get hacked anymore.

Thats impossible.But thanks it should reduce the amount of hacking and scamming if people bother to read this ;) ^^

TIP

Funnycrater
Avid Forum Member

Postby G-Dragon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:11 pm

Heheheheh Nice Newbies Will Surely Love This :D

G-Dragon
The HeartBreaker

Forum Pokedex:   184 Seen

Postby jerry0503222 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:36 am

nice. just hearing that person said ya done hacking your profile makes me wanna punch em in the face :@

Forum Pokedex:   2 Seen

Postby guoyuanyin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:51 am

(ADVERTISING)

LOCKED MY MASSY
guoyuanyin
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   3 Seen

Postby qq123456 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:07 am

am not cussing daycare as I know many people who can be trusted with uncathables and goldens to be trained, I am just saying only give your pokemon to daycare if you know the person and you/your friends have had good experiances with them
Buy WOW Gold|Runescape Money|WOW Gold|Runescape Gold
qq123456
Trainers

Postby adskjh » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:09 am

I like this web site so much, saved to fav. “Respect for the fragility and importance of an individual life is still the mark of an educated man.” by Norman Cousins.Your topic is very intersting and fanstic,at the same time the topic is unique and perfect,great job.To your success.
adskjh
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   7 Seen

Postby elina5237 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:25 am

We had done a great number of orders with our customers for buying the wow gold fast and have hundreds of orders everyday .We are sure that you are impossible to get such an excellent service in buying the wow gold as the same as we do.

Trainers

Return to FAQs and Guides