Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Bugged Trade Evolution Solutions (with images)

Contains guides on Frequently Asked Questions and other things. This area is NOT for asking questions, use the Gameplay Questions and Queries area for that.

Bugged Trade Evolution Solutions (with images)

Postby theashman83 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:31 pm

This is something I've kept to myself up until now, basically because it takes a while to explain it and can get very technical. However, after today's release of Pumpkaboo and Phantump, I think it's going to be best to tell everyone via the forums.

History: This has been a problem since Trade Evolution was introduced. Beforehand, Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro at lvl 37, or by using a King's Rock (unbtainable at time of writing) to evolve to Slowking. Trade Evolution changed this slightly, so that Slowpoke then evolved to Slowking by trading it whilst having the Kings Rock item in your Inventory, so similar thing to before.

But.

This caused the Slowking-method to override the Slowbro-method, if you like, when you try to evolve Slowpoke. Your Slowpoke may be lvl 37, but the My Pokemon page will still say "Evolves through Trade with item in your bag". So the trade evolution method takes higher priority over the level up method preventing the option to evolve Slowpoke to Slowbro.

With the release of Pumpkaboo and Phantump today (Oct 31st 2016), a sort of similar thing has happened. Originally, it appeared that Phantump and Pumpkaboo had to be traded without items to evolve (like Machoke, Haunter, Kadabra etc.). This didn't work, so instead they were set to evolve via the use of a Leaf Stone. Unfortunately, it appears that Phantump and Pumpkaboo WERE actually set to evolve via an item-less trade, a long time ago, with no mention of this being made. So no Pumpkaboo and Phantump each have 2 evolution methods, one by trade and one by Leaf Stone. But again, the trade evolution is taking higher priority so that the option to use a Leaf Stone is not showing, same as for Slowpoke to Slowbro.

Evolutions that this bug affects:
Image -> Level 37 -> Image
Image -> Leaf Stone -> Image
Image -> Leaf Stone -> Image
Image -> Pink Scarf -> Image
Image -> Pink Scarf -> Image

SOLUTION

Pay close attention.

Step 1. Open up the profile of the Pokemon you want to evolve (Phantump, Pumpkaboo or Slowpoke).

Step 2. Ensure you have met the requirements for the evolution (Leaf Stone in Inventory for Phantump, Leaf Stone in Inventory for Pumpkaboo, Lvl37 for Slowpoke)

Step 3. In another tab, open up the My Pokemon page.

Step 4. Check the "Evolvable Now" tickbox, and click Search.

Step 5. Click the "Evolve Me" link on on of the Pokemon in the resulting search, it doesn't matter which. If nothing appears in the search, I would suggest quickly catching a Murkrow or Sunkern from Route 16. You should now have two tabs open; one with the profile of the Pokemon you want to evolve, and one with the Evolving page of a different Pokemon.

Step 6. In the url (webpage address) of the Evolving page, remove the unique Pokemon ID at the end of it, and in its place copy and paste the ID of the Pokemon you want to evolve (see screenshot from Step 1), then hit the Enter/Return button (Without clicking outside of the url box, or it won't work).

Step 7. The page should refresh, but this time with the Pokemon you want to evolve instead of whatever was there before. Assuming you meet the requirements for the evolution (see Step 2), you can now hit the Evolve Now button, and your Pokemon will evolve.

Now you can see why I just had people send me their Slowpoke before, so much easier than having to explain all of this >_< Hopefully this will be redundant when a Developer is able to fix the problem. Any questions/further problems, please post below!

-- Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:21 pm --

Original Post has been updated with information about evolving Spritzee to Aromatisse and Swirlix to Slurpuff!

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Return to FAQs and Guides