Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

The History of 'PBA' - Definitive Text

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

Re: The History of 'PBA' - Definitive Text

Postby Sharks » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:52 am

I am making a try of the Introduction :)
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   465 Seen

Postby kyro » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:46 am

I have no idea what to say....

Christmas 2007 I released my first Pokemon Game - PWO.
When making PWO I always came across hordes of people saying that Crater is down and how much they missed it. Met Chevy_Blue there too. So as soon as I could leave PWO in capable hands I began on PBA. Lots of people were interested, but mostly I was insulted on the pokeelite2k forums for wanting to make a game like crater when I had never played it before.

I'm not sure what else to say, but version 1 really sucked as maps took way too long to load.

Eventually I got caught up in work for a while (the dark ages) but this kid kept pestering me. Emails, Forum PM's, MSN. I stoped using MSN. eventually he found me on Skype. I've blocked/banned a few of his Forum and Skype accounts. This kid was persistant.

Eventually I decided to give him a go and with his help I rebuilt PBA. That kid was Sharks!!?!

Anyway's I met Anria and left the Administration to her and I'll let everyone else go from here.
PBA Rocks!

kyro
The Great Creator of PBA

Forum Pokedex:   13 Seen

Postby Lyzier_34 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:50 am

kyro wrote:Eventually I decided to give him a go and with his help I rebuilt PBA. That kid was Sharks!!?!.

cool. :clap:

Ice Cold.
Want to know more about me? Don't be a stranger,
follow me on Twitter! and on Tumblr!

Lyzier_34
The Soul Within Me

Forum Pokedex:   367 Seen

Postby Nat » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:54 am

nat salutes sharks :hai:
find me on facebook>> natzgiron@yahoo.com.ph
Nat
Team Rocket Boss

Forum Pokedex:   15 Seen

Postby Sharks » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks for my part :)

Introduction 2:
We’ll I’ve got a little bit of interesting news for you all. I recently had a small fascination with Pokemon Crater (What Formerly Was) and was asking around our Forums a little bit. Anyway after very little thought I decided to Re-Build Pokemon Crater.

I decided that I would start by trying to Buy the original domain. When navigating there it would take the user to a Parked domain page. So I thought it Opportune to grab while I can. I found the Domain Broker site and on my second attempt (and second payment of $60USD) to rouse a broker to look into it (I spelt it wrong first time) I still had no response…

Funnily enough 3 hours later I went to www.pokemoncrater.com again and what do you know… I was redirected to http://www.nintendo.com/countryselector! I’m guessing that Nintendo realized that suing Aaron would cause some controversy so they decided to pay him to keep it quiet and take the wrap for it himself.

Either that or Arron is sick of people trying to apply for the Domain.

Anyway I will be launching a similar game to what Crater was on the Domain www.pokemonbattlearena.net at present we are not accepting new users. Please visit and sign up for our forum in the mean time. (That way you can help determine how the game will work and have your say)
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

Postby Nabeel95 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:03 am

Kyro misspelled Anira... But I'm okay with it :)

Nabeel95
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   125 Seen

Postby John-117 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:40 pm

I may help out. :)

College Student • coder • Gamer

John-117
The Ultimate FAIL

Forum Pokedex:   449 Seen

Postby rartic1 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:37 pm

kyro wrote:I have no idea what to say....
Anyway's I met Anria and left the Administration to her and I'll let everyone else go from here.

No, No, No! going back to even Darker Ages, You left Darkmaster in charge! have you already forgot one of the best admin in the history of PBA? lol XD
Rar's Legacy Lives On.....
Shiny Giratina EXP: 10999534
http://rartic4.mybrute.com/
rartic1
Active Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   54 Seen

Postby Nabeel95 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:08 am

Lol Darkmaster?? The best. Lol. He practically abandoned PBA when we needed him. I took Sharks example and started to bug him too. And he kept saying he will return when Kyro will. When Kyro returned he made a I'm back topic then he is gone again =/
But yes lets not forget he did comeback a few times in the dark ages and promoted a few people like me, Shadowstorm, Sharks12 and Metamence. And if he wouldn't have done that than maybe Sharks would've never brought Kyro back.

Nabeel95
Fanatic Forum Member

Postby Sharks » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:36 am

Prologue:
There was this guy who was young,from NZ with a lot of hope and talent, with little experience who chose himself a strange nick Kyro . Never the less, when Sharks saw his name, thought he was an korean. But Sharks was failwrong. He was a Kiwi-man. He wanted to make a point and also mark his arrival to the world of Intertubz. He did, pretty well.

PBA was started in April 2008. The updates came in but a slow pace.Kyro added 12 new Maps, and approx 12 new Pokemon into Battle Arena. He updated the leveling equations so its easier to level your Pokemon. He also made it so that you encounter Pokemon more often. The game started growing bit by bit. There was harsh enough comments that made Kyro discouraging. But he wanted to show them what he can do. Soon, he added Gym Leaders for Badges, for now there is only the first 3 Kanto Gym Leaders. He also added part of the first Team Magmar Challenge which (once complete) will give you access to the first Team Magmar Hideout which has rare pokemon unavailable anywhere else in the game.

He was at a good pace updating the game that he also added other things in the game. The game was starting to grow up. He also started the forum with himself being the admin.But it was not PBA forums. It was an old one. He was the SilentSoul out there.Dusknoir was a member there.

The Game was going well but at a slow pace. Very slow. Everything wasn't good at start. The chat made the users stick out. Chevy_blue, Thumbtack glory, Jay Phoenix, and few others were appointed as the game mods. :)

Replies can be
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

You have encountered a wild Pupitar!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby Nabeel95 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:58 am

The few others were Anira and Terris ^_^. With admins Flare and Darkmaster400.

Nabeel95
Fanatic Forum Member

Postby Sharks » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:47 am

Not in the Past. Did you see I wrote "Prologue?" The Golden age has yet to start.
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

Postby Nabeel95 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:57 am

By Prologue do you mean the Old PBA. Because as much as I know Anira and the others were staff since PBA started

Nabeel95
Fanatic Forum Member

Postby Sharks » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:59 am

Hmm. Whatever. I can post the info that I know. :)
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

Postby Shohs » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:32 pm

Anira was not initially an admin, I believe, through my earlier looks through the admin logs, that they began as mods a week or so after the forums were created.
Shohs
Forever in love.

Forum Pokedex:   189 Seen

PreviousNext

Return to General PBA