Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

The History of 'PBA' - Definitive Text

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

Re: The History of 'PBA' - Definitive Text

Postby Nren o_O » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 am

Geez chevy! i knw u wont!
okz lyz he ws rank 2 huh? wow!
i suk at this game im still 500 :P

-- Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:39 pm --

got info, remind me to tell ya nxt time
I have crossed and recrossed the line between sanity and madness so many times that I have all but rubbed it out...
IGN: Nren
Password: ****

lol, lets see people actually go try that!
Nren o_O
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   0 Seen

Postby masterash12 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:59 pm

wow what a history :rofl:
masterash12
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   20 Seen

Postby pokefan493 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:23 am

this is epic; it could be an epic. it's so cool, it feels like i'm reading a book.

if i find anything i can say, i'll help. i wasn't active until about last summer, so older happenings aren't going to come from me.
once again, this is pretty epic.
pokefan493
Active Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   10 Seen

Postby ThaRevision911 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:47 pm

I'll join as my mind holds key ingredients
to the history. :)
Sometimes Dreams Aren't Dreams At All, But The Mere Reality That Is Your Nightmare, Only Caused By The Faint Hope In Your Heart, Wise As To Not Be Smart?? But Give Into Those Nightmares, To Make A Positive Result, Of The InVision Yet Broken Image -KTJ4Life
ThaRevision911
Active Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   60 Seen

Postby Sharks » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:56 pm

o.o WB!

Thare, a.k.a Master Fail!

:D
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   465 Seen

Postby Anira » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Funny to see that even after not being here for half a year you are still on the top list xD. Dont get excited or anything im not back, just read what you said here since sharks asked me to and recognized you guys got big holes in your memory. So yeah its too much to tell what all i remember from back then...

For me it started on the 22. november 2008 when i joined this game cause my brother told me "someone remade crater". Since i played and really liked it before i checked it out. Started playing and met many of the great people that i can still call friends and even one my boyfriend ;). Like i said there is so much to say i dont really know where to start...
There was only one map the day i joined but soon after that kyro added 2 more. There was this bug that your pokeballs wont get less when you use them but even increase sometimes (i remember one having over 100 pokeballs after starting with 10 and never buying some), but the next day i logged in kyro fixed that. With adding map 4 and the 4th generation pokemon a new bug came up that the 4th gen pokemon were only possible to be caught with masterballs, which got some people who didnt have money to buy one in trouble (like randomsniper). Since we couldnt get money from fighting gyms yet. More and more maps got added and the forum and chat got more full. Like 2 weeks after i joined Jay Phoenix asked kyro on the forum what to do if we see people break the rules and kyro promoted him to game mod after that. A few days after that Jay wrote me a forum pm saying he thinks i should be a mod and that he will suggest me to kyro. I was really happy and excited back then lol and sorta a noob if i remember i thought about asking him myself xD. A week after that i was wondering whether kyro read the message from jay yet and went onto the chat not thinking anything bad, said "hello" and saw a (mod) near my name, obviously totally freaked out, thought i would get a message or something before. A few days after that my first big scammer case took place. Involved people were madmax boone watchout and some of their other accounts. I still have the logs of interrogating them on my old pc. It was much fun to prove they were the responsible people and finding everyone who was involved. After a few great updates kyro disappeared around half a year after i joined the game, the server got laggier and it couldnt disconnect users anymore which made it worse and worse over the time. At some point we had over 50k user "online" which made the server crash. Everyone tried to find out where kyro is. I myself talked to the admin of PWO to find out more. Managed to contact kyro over skype. After a long time of him being away(6 month) and many users quitting cause of the lag, he came back and fixed the game and had many new ideas for updates and he made me an admin like many people suggested. Then the next even bigger scam,bribe and every rule break took place, caused by colinjohn. I should still have logs and screenshots of that as well on my pc. Banned him he changed ip and came back. Did that a few times. Argued with him in pm over weeks and tried to explain why he doesnt get a new chance. How ever kyro decided to give them all a new chance and unbanend them. I asked to help kyro and slowly he gave access to me and some other people (like sharks). I worked on a few features, like the special evolutions, fixing the pokedex and exp system, gyms and so much more. He didnt want to give too much access cause he was afraid someone would steal the code. Ironically short time after that exactly that happened, not by a staff but by this guy from another game who used the code for his own game, i found it funny that this game is the sis game of pba when i checked back after awhile. I quit cause of many things, dont really want to name all again it was like september last year.
We shouldnt forget the good chat times pba at night and Pdf&f but that will only say a few insiders something. Ill just name a few (insider) words now and maybe some of you will remember: Splicer, PAS, the shiny mew yard, pepsi+squirt+speedo, inflation on pba, the yard bug, the money and credit bug, the broken top list....

For those who wonder what i do now: Ill start studying law in april and it keeps me sorta busy, moving, studying and all that good stuff. Funny to see i still get pms about getting unbanned or questions about this game lol. Btw why is my name in the color of sanies o.O Bye to everyone here just thought i should help your brains a bit to remember the old times :P maybe if i ever switch my old pc on again ill post the logs who knows. :hai:
Sad how some people forget you or what you did, thanks to the people who still remember.
for MY ART click here

Anira
Fanatic Forum Member

Postby Shohs » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Anira wrote:Ironically short time after that exactly that happened, not by a staff but by this guy from another game who used the code for his own game, i found it funny that this game is the sis game of pba when i checked back after awhile.

Yeah that threw me off too >.>
I'm still not sure why they did it.
Shohs
Forever in love.

Forum Pokedex:   189 Seen

Postby Shadowstorm » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:54 am

*all eeriily* ooooooooooh I'm a ghost! XD

Strange how I decide to post something basically the same day that new Dark-Lucario gets posted on Serebii and confirmed as the first 5th gen poke shows up, which by the way sucks horribly... Dark type lucario In my opinion and I hated Lucario... so yeah...

Well, not really much to say other than, I was on the site in the days of when the ads could kill your computer, like they did mine a couple times. And that was the main thing that killed me from the site, that and a bunch of other stuff that RS, Anira and I were all involved in XD

I remember the old days before the fakemon were added and when the only donation poke was G. Scizor, though I still think Donating to get rares is dumb and possibly also illegal, which is why one of the sites I'm on now doesn't have donations. That and the whole unfair thing.

I dunno, maybe after I get out of work tonight at 5pm I'll have something more intelligent to say about the darkages.
I quit, I'm just temporarily back to try to figure out how to stop this board from sending me e-mails.

If ya wanna find me...

http://www.vampirefreaks.com/H1Z1
Shadowstorm
Trainers

Postby Lyzier_34 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:09 am

hmm cool staff legends are starting to post in this ;)

Ice Cold.
Want to know more about me? Don't be a stranger,
follow me on Twitter! and on Tumblr!

Lyzier_34
The Soul Within Me

Forum Pokedex:   367 Seen

Postby Tyler001 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:45 am

What i can remember !!

Well for me it started out on Pokemon Crater. Then that got shutdown December 5th 2007. Then towards november 2008 i heard about a Pokemon Crater remake. At 1st the website look very similar to Pokemon Crater. All i was thinking was atlast. Then i joined and it went upside down. Ive not come here to complain but i remember doing a few battles ... and 'TRYING' to unlock maps. Then due to me hating this so called remake i left. And havew recently returned. To still find out its rubbish. But not as bad as it was at 1st. Now im trying to force myself to play it.

If you want Pokemon Crater History ... i will be here all day
Tyler001
Trainers

Postby Master Mark » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:27 am

Nice to see some old members post here! There are a few more I'd like to see though. Yeah Anira basically said most of the beginning of the game. Brings me back lol
Master Mark
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   215 Seen

Postby ThaRevision911 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:03 am

@Shadowstorm: I Am Milky Joe.....I.S.O.L.A.T.I.O.N

Hmm!?, The golden days you say. Why do i call them golden!?.....

Even tho at the time PBA's structure greatly lacked in the game department,
it had some of the most dedicated an loyal player's....yes commitment lol.
Storm, Anira, RS, M.Mark, Slicer, Chevy, DM,..etc

We had a team although i can't quite remember the name, basicly it rocked
we killed in the sale's department, shiny starter's, rarely legends(lacking encounters >.>)

I could go on an on, but to sum it up. Those day's i honestly beleive are, an will forever be
PBA's Stardom Age Of Golden Trait's.

P.S: Give it up for Zorua & Zoroark(5th Gen Pokez)
Sometimes Dreams Aren't Dreams At All, But The Mere Reality That Is Your Nightmare, Only Caused By The Faint Hope In Your Heart, Wise As To Not Be Smart?? But Give Into Those Nightmares, To Make A Positive Result, Of The InVision Yet Broken Image -KTJ4Life
ThaRevision911
Active Forum Member

Postby Shohs » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:12 am

/sad to not see his name in the dedicated and loyal players list

:P

Yeayeayea that was before my time.
Shohs
Forever in love.

Forum Pokedex:   189 Seen

Postby ThaRevision911 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 am

Shohs wrote:/sad to not see his name in the dedicated and loyal players list

:P

Yeayeayea that was before my time.

No actually, your very right, you are one of those player's. :)
I was just to lazy to post them all.

True: Some event's may have happend before your time, but
without a doubt you are one of those players who have held through the test of time.
ThaRevision911
Active Forum Member

Postby Ketiun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:15 am

I is also very sad Thare... but through with sadness, let it begin:

It was the 27th of November, 2008, school had just ended and I was going for a 2 month break. I then tried to remember what I used to do to skip boredom, so I remembered crater, luckily I found PBA. I remember the 2 big figures I saw then 2 figures: tirano2 and the legend Anira(which i still keep contact). Fun times, noob times for me. Time went going, snipe went making an awesome yard (donated marshtomp, combusken and sandslash to it). I went getting more influence, made huge friends: Anira, sniper, Thare, storm, master mark, Sharks, nabeel, drago89uk, terris, slicer, the old guys. Then all these changes happenned when PBA went into hibernation mode due to lag. We returned full power, I was promoted to mod rank, got into the top lists, everything was going fine, when BAAM, storm, anira and snipe left, and I went along, ever since I dived into the world of video games and tough school. Played tons of CoD, guitar hero and resident evil. Just recently I have got convinced by sharks and all my friends to return. Now, the history is being written. I cant forget pat too, he was a good friend of mine..
Ketiun
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   3 Seen

PreviousNext

Return to General PBA