Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

removing from the filters list

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

Re: removing from the filters list

Postby Rem » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:49 pm

You know you're going to abuse the use of idiot. There's no proper use of the word idiot other than starting arguments :|
As for the hashtag, people are going to not use it for #yoloing or #swagging
they will be advertising their channel.
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
Rem
The Howling Ghost

Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:16 pm

JProcks wrote:You know you're going to abuse the use of idiot. There's no proper use of the word idiot other than starting arguments :|
As for the hashtag, people are going to not use it for #yoloing or #swagging
they will be advertising their channel.

but idiot is a normal word to be used >.>
i said unblock hashtags not make advertising allowed kb them for a week if they advertise channels everyone loved using hashtags on #PE before it was blocked :\ blocked because of people using join # on accident how about instead of blocking hashtags you do /mode #pbatrades +g *join*#* ? c:
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:29 am

I did once take all of the noob-related words off of the channel filter list, but from what I understand there were many fights and arguments that broke out after it was off and after a ton of bans someone added them back on. Most of these fights/arguments occurred with the people who visited the channels during the hours I was asleep so I can't say that I saw them myself, but since the channels were/are short staffed for an extended period of time during the hours that these arguments were reported I didn't protest to take them back off.

For the.com and http text block, I added those to the channel's text block list because those words reappeared on the badwords list when our IRC channel settings were rolled back from the 2013 network crash, and people were getting mass kicked and banned for sharing lightshot screenshots or linking to their in game profiles and stuff. None of the staff who visit the channels regularly have access to the badwords list (nor can we even see it) so to prevent people from being further affected by it I stuck those on. I know some of you found it extremely entertaining to watch people be repeatedly kicked and banned, but I'd rather try to avoid that situation as much as possible. As I said a while ago on IRC, if we can get someone to fix the badwords list for the PBA channels these 2 words will be unblocked.

I don't see the /me command being allowed in trades for a while since all people did was spam with it. People are still free to roleplay in #pba with them though.

Hmm.. the Idiot block. I personally liked to use that word and I don't really remember why someone blocked it but I have a feeling that it probably had something to do with arguments. I didn't consider it to be that much of a fight instigator (but then again, it is the context that a word is used in rather than the word itself that determines this). I don't even remember arguments where this word was a problem, but like the noob listed words, they might have occurred during hours I wasn't there.

Hashtags are something that were always a problem in more than one channel because people kept advertising with them. In the other channels I'm in where the badwords list can actually be edited, we can have it set to # start so that if you want to make emotes with the hashtag or link to specific forum posts it wouldn't be a problem anymore. But here in PBA land we can't do that so it is set to a full character block. As for a complete removal of #, that probably won't happen until people stop trying to advertise their channels in ours >.>

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!
(since he's pretty much the only active mod here)

PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   555 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:07 pm

I did once take all of the noob-related words off of the channel filter list, but from what I understand there were many fights and arguments that broke out after it was off and after a ton of bans someone added them back on. Most of these fights/arguments occurred with the people who visited the channels during the hours I was asleep so I can't say that I saw them myself, but since the channels were/are short staffed for an extended period of time during the hours that these arguments were reported I didn't protest to take them back off.

probably by tommo noob is so common thats hardly the worst thing used in arguments

For the.com and http text block, I added those to the channel's text block list because those words reappeared on the badwords list when our IRC channel settings were rolled back from the 2013 network crash, and people were getting mass kicked and banned for sharing lightshot screenshots or linking to their in game profiles and stuff. None of the staff who visit the channels regularly have access to the badwords list (nor can we even see it) so to prevent people from being further affected by it I stuck those on. I know some of you found it extremely entertaining to watch people be repeatedly kicked and banned, but I'd rather try to avoid that situation as much as possible. As I said a while ago on IRC, if we can get someone to fix the badwords list for the PBA channels these 2 words will be unblocked.
you could ask sharks to :3

I don't see the /me command being allowed in trades for a while since all people did was spam with it. People are still free to roleplay in #pba with them though.
some people are akicked in #pba doe echem cough cough xD and i'm the life of the chat :P I had to make people start talking on pbatrades again after being unbanned everyones silent unless i talk :\

Hmm.. the Idiot block. I personally liked to use that word and I don't really remember why someone blocked it but I have a feeling that it probably had something to do with arguments. I didn't consider it to be that much of a fight instigator (but then again, it is the context that a word is used in rather than the word itself that determines this). I don't even remember arguments where this word was a problem, but like the noob listed words, they might have occurred during hours I wasn't there.

I called tommo an idiot and then demon or someone backed me up and called him an idiot too so tommo blocked it :3

Hashtags are something that were always a problem in more than one channel because people kept advertising with them. In the other channels I'm in where the badwords list can actually be edited, we can have it set to # start so that if you want to make emotes with the hashtag or link to specific forum posts it wouldn't be a problem anymore. But here in PBA land we can't do that so it is set to a full character block. As for a complete removal of #, that probably won't happen until people stop trying to advertise their channels in ours >.>

kb dem? or use /mode #pbatrades +g *join*#* then they can't say join #randchannamehere c:
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:23 pm

I already asked Sharks many, many times from the day the rollback occurred to edit the badwords list and restore the staff who was lost from the rollback (Kat, Jdogg etc.) And if he doesn't want to then there's nothing we can do about it, I am not going to go harass him any more over this.

You and I both know that setting "join*#" is not going to work to block channel advertisements as good as blocking # altogether is. And we do also ban for advertisements (you're quite familiar with that one). It's not going to be unblocked simply because you want to use twitter hashtags.

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!

PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders

Postby glucht23 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:41 pm

PrincessPhoenix wrote:I already asked Sharks many, many times from the day the rollback occurred to edit the badwords list and restore the staff who was lost from the rollback (Kat, Jdogg etc.) And if he doesn't want to then there's nothing we can do about it, I am not going to go harass him any more over this.

You and I both know that setting "join*#" is not going to work to block channel advertisements as good as blocking # altogether is. And we do also ban for advertisements (you're quite familiar with that one). It's not going to be unblocked simply because you want to use twitter hashtags.

wat about mode +g *o*#* that way if they say go to #channel or join #channel it'll block ;D

(you're quite familiar with that one).
Offtopic: if tommo didn't ignore his memos he'd see i sent him one about that >.>
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Postby Rem » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:49 pm

no.
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
Rem
The Howling Ghost

Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:01 pm

glucht23 wrote:
PrincessPhoenix wrote:I already asked Sharks many, many times from the day the rollback occurred to edit the badwords list and restore the staff who was lost from the rollback (Kat, Jdogg etc.) And if he doesn't want to then there's nothing we can do about it, I am not going to go harass him any more over this.

wat about mode +g *o*#* that way if they say go to #channel or join #channel it'll block ;D

Again, we both know that isn't going to be effective.

glucht23 wrote:
PrincessPhoenix wrote:(you're quite familiar with that one).
Offtopic: if tommo didn't ignore his memos he'd see i sent him one about that >.>

Actually, I wrote that several hours before you got banned again yesterday :P I didn't expect you to get banned again so quickly for doing the same thing.

PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders

Postby glucht23 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:20 pm

PrincessPhoenix wrote:
glucht23 wrote:

Again, we both know that isn't going to be effective.

we both dont know that cuz i still believe it'd be effective :<

glucht23 wrote:
PrincessPhoenix wrote:(you're quite familiar with that one).
Actually, I wrote that several hours before you got banned again yesterday :P I didn't expect you to get banned again so quickly for doing the same thing.

Offtopic: was actually innocent dis time doe ;s
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Previous

Return to General PBA