Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Bringing back an older yard system

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

Should we bring back the old yard system?

Poll ended at Sun May 03, 2015 9:56 am

Yes
52%
No
48%
I don't care
No votes

Total votes : 90

Re: Bringing back an older yard system

Postby theashman83 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:31 pm

Sharks wrote:User registrations are back online.

After the poll, we have decided to implement this system and the cut off date will be June 3. 30 days starting today. Till then, no Pokemon on yards will be removed. Thanks for your feedback!

So what were the final figures? And how many votes were discounted?

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby Aegaeon » Fri May 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Will everything be at the exact same rate as it was when the old system was active? Like legendaries, 5th gen legends, fakemon's and such? Lastly any chance in uber rate increased like gliscor, slowking and so on?
Current goals. Dark deoxys 1b exp. 75% done. Void deoxys 1b exp. 27.5% done. Normal rayquaza (mega) 1b exp. 100% done. Shiny deoxys max exp 50ish% done. Unique poke count. 3000. 26.6% done.
Aegaeon
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   42 Seen

Postby ~Legendary » Tue May 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Voted: 'Yes'
~Legendary
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   115 Seen

Postby LeviChamp » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:39 am

So I've seen hundreds of users complaining about the staff not updating the RPG, and just as much going inactive because they feel like the staff don't care for the game anymore it is already 9 days late and this shows extremely poor work and im actually to the point of disgust and repulsion because we have not been notified on anything, also looking at the staff they are hardly on anymore. Please update the rpg, and give all users some kind of compensation for the stress, waste of our time waiting, and also because you guys said there was an update coming all the users still actively playing were farming all yards to save pokemon for the update, this has destroyed the system and rarity which was one of the reasons for the update, go look at peoples pokemon so many users have got thousands of pokemon, it is so sad to see such an amazing game start heading down hill, atm way too many pokemon in rpg, even if you do the update now hundreds of users would be able to make special legend yards, tbh you only need 2 days to get enough pokemon to make a yard, you gave us 30 days notice, thats already 15 yards now its been another nine days so about 19 yards, that's if somebody is very active, even if you just count the weekends despite hundreds of thousands of kids that play pokemon in spare time and are on holidays, which means even more pokemon but just counting weekends thats slightly over 5 yards, so how many pokemon exist atm waiting for update to go into yards, the rarity of all my pokemon whilst waiting for the update has dropped dramatically because of this, in total i have already lost over 200m in value in small pokemon. seriously say something to your users because this is usually what happens right before somebody shuts down the rpg, and I've seen over 300 pokemon RPG's die randomly shortly after something like this, i was doing donations and waiting to get a bunch after update but instead i have waited to 7 days after the update and all the money i was going to spend on this rpg, has gone to many other pokemon RPG's, in total over $400 and if that isn't a wake up call i don't know what is. I hope the update will be done by my birthday which is just under a week away, if it isnt i will do everything in my power to catch as many specials as i can and sell them underpriced to every user that has less than 300 specials, it is really not that hard, the game will die if you dont save it. Don't wait until its too late. It already is but can still make up for it, i look forward to hearing a response from a member of staff and hear an explanation on whats going on, the players deserve to know. Yes im a good source because so many users wont say how they feel or report to the RPG about their disappointment i have been playing, creating,coding and managing pokemon RPG's coming up to 13th year now. You have until July to respond but i expect a detailed answer.
LeviChamp
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   68 Seen

Postby theashman83 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:03 am

LeviChamp wrote:So I've seen hundreds of users complaining about the staff not updating the RPG

Only devs (i.e. Sharks) have the power to update the game. Believe me, I wish mods had some power over this :|

it is already 9 days late

Sharks hasn't been able to get to the tools he needs in order to perform the updates.

and this shows extremely poor work and im actually to the point of disgust and repulsion because we have not been notified on anything, also looking at the staff they are hardly on anymore.

Agreed, we need a higher staff presence. As for the notifying, we as staff can only notify users on what we know. Which in this case is very little (at least for me).

Please update the rpg, and give all users some kind of compensation for the stress, waste of our time waiting, and also because you guys said there was an update coming all the users still actively playing were farming all yards to save pokemon for the update, this has destroyed the system and rarity which was one of the reasons for the update

That was always going to happen.

go look at peoples pokemon so many users have got thousands of pokemon

Most are doing it because of the massive imbalance in the ranking formula. Take theplayerinlove for example, catching normal Caterpies all day every day has got him almost 2000 points.

it is so sad to see such an amazing game start heading down hill, atm way too many pokemon in rpg, even if you do the update now hundreds of users would be able to make special legend yards

1 or 2 perhaps. Hundreds is an exaggerated exaggeration.

, tbh you only need 2 days to get enough pokemon to make a yard, you gave us 30 days notice, thats already 15 yards now its been another nine days so about 19 yards,

Easy to make, yes. That was always going to be the case, always has been and most likely always will be, especially with the promised better map encounter rates. Maintaining them on the other hand, is a different story.

in total i have already lost over 200m in value in small pokemon.

Again, Pokémon losing value always happens.

seriously say something to your users because this is usually what happens right before somebody shuts down the rpg, and I've seen over 300 pokemon RPG's die randomly shortly after something like this

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me.

i was doing donations and waiting to get a bunch after update but instead i have waited to 7 days after the update and all the money i was going to spend on this rpg, has gone to many other pokemon RPG's, in total over $400 and if that isn't a wake up call i don't know what is.

Where you spend your money is up to you.

if it isnt i will do everything in my power to catch as many specials as i can and sell them underpriced to every user that has less than 300 specials

People do that anyway? It would help new players at any rate, I'm all for this whether the update happens or not.

Yes im a good source because so many users wont say how they feel or report to the RPG about their disappointment

Oh believe me, they've voiced their disappoint. So have some of the staff team, on several occasions.

You have until July to respond but i expect a detailed answer.

Giving us an ultimatum doesn't really work. We either know what's going on, or we don't.

But in any case, the staff team needs better communication. We can only tell you what we know at the max, and I personally know very little about what's happening. Personally, I'd rather Sharks focused on fixing the things that don't work, or need serious amendments like the attackdex, fixing all evolutions, the PvP proposal which vanished into thin air.

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

You have encountered a wild Claydol!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby LeviChamp » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:30 pm

thanks, thats helped a lot.
LeviChamp
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   68 Seen

Previous

Return to General PBA