Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Bringing back an older yard system

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

Should we bring back the old yard system?

Poll ended at Sun May 03, 2015 9:56 am

Yes
52%
No
48%
I don't care
No votes

Total votes : 90

Re: Bringing back an older yard system

Postby sandy108 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:12 pm

glucht23 wrote:imo i'd like old elemental map ratings back tho. maybe have contests with my friends to see who can find a special legy on a elemental map first. it'd be interesting. but anyways, AD you're not helping. saying you made 3+ yards per day is like one of the reasons this is even being considered to be added again.

How will you know its a map caught ? *laughing* *laughing*
sandy108
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   112 Seen

Postby harryjee » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:26 pm

bringing back the old system back is good new would not be soo gud :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
be one in one hundred
harryjee
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   8 Seen

Postby sandy108 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:17 pm

If old system will be back i have a suggestion

Since there are lot's of clan yards which need lot's of hard work and time to maintain , I have a suggestion. Make a option to list names of clan yards then Let Clan leader (can add co clan leader) able to release and accept only pokemon from his account. So that yard remains in shape and all the hard work and dedication wont go to waste. If this happens people will yards will be encouraged to join clan and have fun.This will be one more plus point to Clans in game.
;)
sandy108
Trainers

Postby Sharks » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:09 am

Only if the yard system is back to what it was, the rates will be made easy. This will encourage co-operation and working together. The game was a lot more fun that way and those who don't know about it, I think it's fair why you don't.

But I think you guys should give it a try. It'll make it fun.
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   465 Seen

Postby Termes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:43 am

Does rate change include yard rate changes (especially in regards to fixed rares) in conjunction with map/elemental ones?

My biggest issue with this whole thing is that those who have yards (high amount of different ones), who have spent money (in and out of game) (buying premium with the intent of creating a 100 page yard which does not expire, which sort of goes against the principle condition of the reason one donates ((or at least for me)) for it in the first place if you make yards expire).

I would not utilise or maintain my 7 Premium yards if the old system is adopted, how about you reverse the payments for my premiums, take the credits, premium status and gold back, I don't need that many Premium accounts anymore. Honestly, i'm pretty unhappy about this, how is this going to be compensated?

Btw..is this potential change making everything currently catch-able more common (assuming increased commonness has a direct correlation with increased specials)? Unless there's some sort of of system in place like..only letting pokes appear in yards after a huge amount has been released, then this could make everything abundant and common? I hope this doesn't include everything currently in the market or else it will destroy specials prices.
Last edited by Termes on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Termes
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   546 Seen

Postby harman19 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:11 am

Termes has a valid point about the premium accounts.
I think to resolve this , maybe 100 page yards should hve a minimum expiry of 6 months . Can be permanent as well .

And there should be a proper system of encounter rates so as to maintain the price of rare pokemons . Like for example :

Common pokes < 30 credit less common pokes < 5th gens < legendaries < 5th gen forms and fakes .

Also , I propose encounter rates for normals in yards should be made difficult ( rendering unfinished yards outta business ) . Lets see what others think :)
<Sherlock> i was talking to katey just now . Couldnt believe tht she was real.
<TaylorSwift> who is katey
<Sherlock> so I pinched myself and now i am awake.
<Sherlock> funny dreams.
<Bohemia> Shes shinyteddi's imaginary gf
<Bohemia> >_>
<Sherlock> x.X
<TaylorSwift> much better than John-117's imaginary game
<Sherlock> lmao
<Bohemia> Lol
<Sherlock> this is funny i gonna ss this.
harman19
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   272 Seen

Postby sandy108 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:01 am

harman19 wrote:Termes has a valid point about the premium accounts.
I think to resolve this , maybe 100 page yards should hve a minimum expiry of 6 months . Can be permanent as well .

And there should be a proper system of encounter rates so as to maintain the price of rare pokemons . Like for example :

Common pokes < 30 credit less common pokes < 5th gens < legendaries < 5th gen forms and fakes .

Also , I propose encounter rates for normals in yards should be made difficult ( rendering unfinished yards outta business ) . Lets see what others think :)

I like the idea about premium account user's , about encounter rate let see what happens and i am Exited about new type of pokemon "Albino" :party:
sandy108
Trainers

Postby prateekchellani » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:10 am

sandy108 wrote:
i am Exited about new type of pokemon "Albino" :party:

Me too ! *laughing* btw R they gonna be findable on maps or credit shop? Or is it only raffles.

Termes Made a gud point bout the prem yards n I agree to it. Even I have like 4-5 prem accounts where I donated mainly for 1000 pages
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...
To catch em is my real test, to train them is my cause

My Shop - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=22775&p=293292#p293292

Credits to Chromohit( Chromosky) for the banner and avatar
prateekchellani
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   95 Seen

Postby Ryushi » Fri May 01, 2015 3:20 am

Termes wrote:My biggest issue with this whole thing is that those who have yards (high amount of different ones), who have spent money (in and out of game) (buying premium with the intent of creating a 100 page yard which does not expire, which sort of goes against the principle condition of the reason one donates ((or at least for me)) for it in the first place if you make yards expire).

I would not utilise or maintain my 7 Premium yards if the old system is adopted, how about you reverse the payments for my premiums, take the credits, premium status and gold back, I don't need that many Premium accounts anymore. Honestly, i'm pretty unhappy about this, how is this going to be compensated?

This has precisely been my issue. The only reason I donated tons of real money for this game was that yards don't expire. And lets face it, if the old system was to be brought back on, I would not need dozens of the premium yards that I have donated real money for. This is exactly the reason why I am unhappy and which is why I have raised my concerns about this thing being implemented.
The All- Enormous gold Guide with up to date prices --> viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22443

Checkout what I am buying --> viewtopic.php?f=39&t=21691&start=0
Ryushi
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   513 Seen

Postby Nafi0 » Fri May 01, 2015 9:01 am

i am not agree with this idea.. BTW when you will be add 6th gen pokemon
my vote is : - NO
Last edited by Nafi0 on Sat May 02, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nafi0
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   23 Seen

Postby LeviChamp » Sat May 02, 2015 12:34 am

no way i just spent 18.5mill buying pokemon for my yard it will be horrible nobody will be interested in yards and leave the game

-- Sat May 02, 2015 6:11 pm --

theashman83 wrote:Voted "No".

Reasons:
  • The current yard system isn't the problem; the map rates are. Back at the time when Shiny forms were temporarily more common, the map rates were as they were back in the old days. After this was dealt with, map rates were reduced. This is what prompted the rise in people making yards, rather than just searching on maps. Increase map rates by all means, but why should those who have put their hard work into yards suffer for it?
  • On a more personal level, I just wouldn't have the time to maintain half, let alone all my yards.

And to those of you claiming it will increase the economy, how will it? You've said that people will find specials easier on maps, so what would be the use in buying yard access, or even specials off the market? If the rates are improved, the specials get more common, the market gets flooded, things lose prices. That helps how?

This is not the PBA that people once knew and loved. This is the modern PBA, yards are a core feature and attraction, and I don't think trying to retrace our steps or messing about with them will help improve the game. Instead, we should be focusing on other areas; ingame clans for example. Some do the challenges, most do nothing. Some make yards, but that's not gonna change whether yards expire or not. More clan-based events, and recognition of achievements, would go a long way.

Another idea would be to add the ORAS Mega Evolutions and 6th Generation Pokémon. Make them rare, non-releasable in yards, prizes for events, etc. Perhaps the Mega Stone for ORAS MEs could be a separate item, and have different requirements like a random number of battles per day, or like the current clan challenges but per account?

May add more to this in the future.

Offtopic: It's interesting to see how many people who have voted "Yes" don't actually have yards they care about.

This guy right here has said it perfect :)

I also beleive you shouldnt change it unless there is more than a 10 sway
LeviChamp
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   68 Seen

You have encountered a wild tsunbeaa!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby pinak » Sat May 02, 2015 10:57 am

Can You change my yes into a now I was to fast
pinak
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   2 Seen

Postby Nafi0 » Sat May 02, 2015 11:52 am

my vote is : - no
Nafi0
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   23 Seen

Postby Sharks » Sun May 03, 2015 12:14 pm

User registrations are back online.

After the poll, we have decided to implement this system and the cut off date will be June 3. 30 days starting today. Till then, no Pokemon on yards will be removed. Thanks for your feedback!
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   465 Seen

Postby SongsG3 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:04 pm

i realy didnt liked this, and that super yards. super super hard to make :@ much people will leave the game.
SongsG3
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   38 Seen

PreviousNext

Return to General PBA