Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Bringing back an older yard system

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

Should we bring back the old yard system?

Poll ended at Sun May 03, 2015 9:56 am

Yes
52%
No
48%
I don't care
No votes

Total votes : 90

Bringing back an older yard system

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:56 am

PBA is undergoing several changes, one of which has already surfaced in the newest layout redesign. Another thing that is currently in discussion is to bring back the older yard system where individually released Pokemon ran away after a set amount of time (usually 30 days. I will keep using 30 days as an example in this topic but the actual day of disappearance may be longer than that). When PBA was brought back online in 2012 the yard expiration was broken but no plans were made to fix it for years. Now, a chance at fixing it has come back and it is only right to bring up a discussion topic about this before any changes are made, because this will be a massive game-changing fix.

This is how the yard system will work:
1. You release Pokemon into your yard as normal.
2. Next to each Pokemon on the house page there has always been a counter to show how long ago they were placed in the yard. This will actually be useful again.
3. After 30 days (or which ever day is agreed upon) that is marked next to an individual Pokemon, it will delete itself and you will have to re-add a new individual.
(4. Premium/non-premium yards will have the same count. 500 for non-premium and 1000 for premium)

"WHAT?! But my precious work will be gone after months of searching!" Some of you are probably thinking! Allow me to explain how this system used to work:
These individual Pokemon do run away, but it does not mean your entire yard will disappear all at once unless you released everything 30 days ago. You will be given ample heads up before this yard change is made, so if you want you can catch and re-release several pages, or all pages of yard before that happens and then your yard won't suffer any immediate ill effects.

Many people used to release Pokemon in small batches every 5-15 days so that newer Pokemon were constantly cycled. This greatly encouraged players to work as a team (and was the basis of many of the early clans that used to rule PBA). In addition, it also improved the buying and trading of various Pokemon because people were more interested in yard stocks. Yards were never meant to have Pokemon that hung around forever, and the constant rise and fall of yards was what drove the in game activity and kept all players, both new and old, with something to work for and maintain.

"But finding Pokemon on the maps right now is like finding a needle in a haystack!" Yes it is that way now, but the devs want to bring back the old map spawn rates that people know and loved as well. For people who joined within the last couple of years this older map rarity system may be unfamiliar, but there used to be a time where Pokemon on routes and elemental maps were abundant, and people sometimes would run into so many Pokemon that they disregarded a few specials because they had a bunch of them. This was the map system that these old yards thrived on, but when the yards stopped expiring there was no need to have Pokemon that common, so they slowly vanished (with the exception of a few legendary and pony Pokemon, which randomly went extremely rare on their own for some odd reason).

The only things that won't make it to this yard revival are berries. The berries in game, with the exception of a few, did absolutely nothing and so they won't have a garden. There will be some other way to obtain useful berries in the future.

Please comment below with your thoughts on this. Good or bad, we want to know what you all think! Note: The date the poll ends is not the day that any changes will be made. There will be a different heads-up deadline if this yard system is brought back.

This was implemented and then rolled back. Yards currently do not expire

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!
(since he's pretty much the only active mod here)

PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   555 Seen

Re: Bringing back an older yard system

Postby harman19 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:07 am

Wow ! Absolutely looking forward to this update .

My thoughts on this :

1. It will stop people from farming from ages old yards.
2. PBA economy will be better .
3. Increased team work because people will have to work together to constantly maintain the yards.

Lets see what others think :)

Edit 1 :

Some people are having misconception that all pokemons will get so common that pba will get flooded with their specials and hence no need for making yards.
It is not the case. Its true that encounter rate will be lowered but the ones which most affected will be elemental maps and legendaries . For specials , you will have to make their yard because there will be too many common pokemons on the maps . And not every pokemon will hve same encounter rate . There will still be rares and those yards will be the ones to bulild and maintained for .
Last edited by harman19 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Sherlock> i was talking to katey just now . Couldnt believe tht she was real.
<TaylorSwift> who is katey
<Sherlock> so I pinched myself and now i am awake.
<Sherlock> funny dreams.
<Bohemia> Shes shinyteddi's imaginary gf
<Bohemia> >_>
<Sherlock> x.X
<TaylorSwift> much better than John-117's imaginary game
<Sherlock> lmao
<Bohemia> Lol
<Sherlock> this is funny i gonna ss this.
harman19
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   274 Seen

Postby nikash1994 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:07 am

If u do yards non perm who many day will u give us in advance
nikash1994
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   210 Seen

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:08 am

I think this is a great idea…. What people need to realize is this economy is horrible compared to what it used to be. There used to be 50+ people on mibbit at all times holding auctions and selling tons of different stuff… Why? Because the yards were not perm and the encounter rates were better so it gave everyone a chance to catch great pokemon.

The benefits from this change:

1. Better encounter rates of pokemon (rares, specials, normals, legys, etc.) not only in yards but on maps as well
2. Will encourage more clan work/group work to maintain good yards so will be good for the clans
3. Will provide more stability to the economy and will encourage more selling of special pokemon because more will be in the game and not just caught in perm yards.
4. Will encourage more people to buy access to yards because the encounter rates will be up and they'll get better finds
5. For the people that make money by catching pokes for others yards it will be a good chance for them to make more money with constant jobs

The cons:

1. You will have to be more active to maintain your yard…. Uhhhhhh doesn't sharks and the staff want everyone to be more active??? LOL
2. Some people may lose some of their yards…. Having 20+ normal yards is why this economy got destroyed…

I have no problem with this at all… I have a 100 page froslass yard with 37 pages of specials added that i've spent tons of time and over 400m on and a 100 page rainbow ponyta/ray zenith yard that i've spent at least 5-6 months doing and probably 400m on as well… You don't hear me complaining about losing or having to maintain those… Because this change is for the better of the game. Don't be selfish because your precious 50 page yard that you use for yourself to horde all the specials of random pokemon on is gonna be gone.
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   270 Seen

Postby nikash1994 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:13 am

If old yard system is back can u start if from July (just a personal request)
nikash1994
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   210 Seen

Postby sandy108 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:28 am

I agree :clap:
sandy108
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   112 Seen

good idea to bring it back

Postby osamamohammed984 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:55 am

:! :! :!
osamamohammed984
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   19 Seen

Postby Ryushi » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:46 pm

If old yard system is being brought back on, it will be pointless to make multiple premium accounts and make several yards.
Very difficult to maintain 25-30 odd yards with that system.
My vote - NO
The All- Enormous gold Guide with up to date prices --> viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22443

Checkout what I am buying --> viewtopic.php?f=39&t=21691&start=0
Ryushi
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   513 Seen

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:52 pm

I agree to this , but I think if you're premium it should be double the days/months because when you're premium you get better encounter rates x2 the pokemon in yards and if you add double yard expire or something like that it would make people donate more.

Edit : I wanna devote now :s
Last edited by pkemnmasterdestroyer on Tue May 26, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Global Rank: 2 Points: 4283.86
Current Goal: G̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶3̶6̶0̶0̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶1̶s̶t̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
Current Uniques: 3600 , 0 Uniques Left. Current place in unique top trainer board : 1. #Completed
Check my trades shop viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23148
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   419 Seen

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:00 pm

^^^^ I actually really agree with that idea… I feel like that would be fair because they have to take care of double the pokemon might as well make it fair for them...
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   270 Seen

Postby Aldhairxd » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:49 pm

HACEN HUEVADAS.
Aldhairxd
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   61 Seen

Postby Aegaeon » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Please bring back the old system! It could potentially fix the economy and I loved that system so much!!!! I would be very greatful!
Current goals. Dark deoxys 1b exp. 75% done. Void deoxys 1b exp. 27.5% done. Normal rayquaza (mega) 1b exp. 100% done. Shiny deoxys max exp 50ish% done. Unique poke count. 3000. 26.6% done.
Aegaeon
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   42 Seen

Postby prateekchellani » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Wow this looks like a big move for pba...
I voted yes, although reluctantly. Yes, I have 30 odd yards and yes they will be difficult to mantain but I believe that enforcing this change will have 2 major Advantages in my view.

It will benefit they economy

Also it will make clans more active and purpose-ful...

Hope everyone thinks along the same lines
I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...
To catch em is my real test, to train them is my cause

My Shop - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=22775&p=293292#p293292

Credits to Chromohit( Chromosky) for the banner and avatar
prateekchellani
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   95 Seen

Postby theashman83 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Voted "No".

Reasons:
  • The current yard system isn't the problem; the map rates are. Back at the time when Shiny forms were temporarily more common, the map rates were as they were back in the old days. After this was dealt with, map rates were reduced. This is what prompted the rise in people making yards, rather than just searching on maps. Increase map rates by all means, but why should those who have put their hard work into yards suffer for it?
  • On a more personal level, I just wouldn't have the time to maintain half, let alone all my yards.

And to those of you claiming it will increase the economy, how will it? You've said that people will find specials easier on maps, so what would be the use in buying yard access, or even specials off the market? If the rates are improved, the specials get more common, the market gets flooded, things lose prices. That helps how?

This is not the PBA that people once knew and loved. This is the modern PBA, yards are a core feature and attraction, and I don't think trying to retrace our steps or messing about with them will help improve the game. Instead, we should be focusing on other areas; ingame clans for example. Some do the challenges, most do nothing. Some make yards, but that's not gonna change whether yards expire or not. More clan-based events, and recognition of achievements, would go a long way.

Another idea would be to add the ORAS Mega Evolutions and 6th Generation Pokémon. Make them rare, non-releasable in yards, prizes for events, etc. Perhaps the Mega Stone for ORAS MEs could be a separate item, and have different requirements like a random number of battles per day, or like the current clan challenges but per account?

May add more to this in the future.

Offtopic: It's interesting to see how many people who have voted "Yes" don't actually have yards they care about.

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby mzheng15 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:17 pm

i voted no simply because i have 2 yards in process, emolgas and bouffant and it would be a pain to just catch them all again especially if they are already hard to find in the maps. I spent a long time and a lot of effort trying to make these yards
mzheng15
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   26 Seen

Next

Return to General PBA