Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Fix Evolution Chains?

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

Re: Fix Evolution Chains?

Postby Seijuro » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Against :P
Seijuro
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   6 Seen

Postby Mickerrs » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:25 pm

against definitely ridiculous idea will make the game look more boring if this happens
<<~#Original.Reckkk#~>> Never apologize for what you feel, its like saying sorry for being real..
Mickerrs
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   107 Seen

Postby Termes » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:45 pm

I vote against this, but at the same I do think some compromise can be made if it comes to it.

Make no mistake about it, by design or default, the very essence of unobs/ubers or having a rare or limited edition Pokemon is a bloody great concept and idea.

I think having something rare provides something to long for, to work to, it gives allure, elegance, attractiveness, power, status, value, investment potential and desirability.

Well anyway, there was just quite the discussion on this very topic on chat with quite a few important stakeholders, let's call them. So, whether they were intended at the beginning to eventually be functioning we don't know for sure, or whether they were kept unfixed because of the value they had created is unclear. Basically at the end of the day, Kyro (from PP's own words) does plan or did plan on having them 'fixed' and this is merely a collection of community opinions which could or could not be used to influence the possibility of this going forward, which PP said will take quite the while if implementation is to occur anyhow.

It's nice to be able to get a hold of something that you consider as one of your favourite Pokemon, but then again, we don't want to completely destroy the price of something so highly regarded. There's the other 99% of Pokemon on this game that no one cares about for that. :P

We also thought of a few ways we could bring the idea to life (if it passes and eventuates). I personally think that very very very very limited introductions of a rare or two, or all, at yearly intervals, should take place. Perhaps something like a raffle/lotto shop - which is something PP brought forward and I was thinking along the lines of. Others included having the items available at particular high entry barrier prices (alimaster786), Ash thinks that challenges, achievement or progression and the like could be a nice way to go about things. I'm not highly fond of these last two ideas since that will mean with the right criteria satisfied, an infinite amount can be introduced.

Just lastly, if they were to be introduced, another detail which has been brought forth for quite some time now which I think is a nice idea and will help preserve some value and compromise on the time, money and effort so many have endured and put in to accumulate these valuables is to release different forms, version, alternates, novelties or special types different from the original ones.
Termes
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   549 Seen

Postby Lars_sky » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:22 am

for
Lars_sky
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   3 Seen

Postby Kanameh » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:54 am

For
Kanameh
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   10 Seen

Postby Valentino_100 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:14 am

For
Valentino_100
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   1 Seen

Postby aditya2000 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:21 pm

yeah we can also fix the evolution chains coz all the evolved pokes can be obtained

-- Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:51 pm --

[quote="aditya2000"]yeah we can also fix the evolution chains coz all the evolved pokes can be obtained
aditya2000
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   12 Seen

Postby Spyro1999 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:36 pm

For
Spyro1999
The Silence Has Spoken Finally!

Forum Pokedex:   216 Seen

Postby WattiGM » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:28 pm

FOR ;)
WattiGM
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   2 Seen

Postby johnscop » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:46 pm

For :/
johnscop
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   0 Seen

Postby Josh_Uchiha » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:32 pm

Against.
Josh_Uchiha
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   4 Seen

Postby theashman83 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:30 am

Well, the results are in:

The initial, raw, results are:
FOR = 28
AGAINST = 24

If duplicate entries from known alts etc. are factored out, these would be the results of the poll:
FOR = 26
AGAINST = 22

Number of possible duplicates (the 2nd vote in each case was ignored): FOR = 2, AGAINST = 1
Number of votes ignored for attacking other users: FOR = 0, AGAINST = 1
Number of banned users (banned at the time of the poll) voting (none ignored): FOR = 1, AGAINST = 5
Number of users who had claimed to have quit by the time of the poll (none ignored): FOR = 0, AGAINST = 2

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Previous

Return to General PBA