Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Fix Evolution Chains?

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

Re: Fix Evolution Chains?

Postby ShaDyInvincible92 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:55 am

For
ShaDyInvincible92
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   16 Seen

Postby yuvrajsinghpba » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:16 pm

For.....
yuvrajsinghpba
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   0 Seen

Postby MonsterTrader » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:28 pm

so theres gonna be an unfair poll now right??? its obvious these are the rarest pokemons in the game everyone wants them and hence all the new comers and the lazy bones who dont want to work to work hard enough to buy these pokes wants them and hence will vote for.. well that is just taking the challenges out of the game.. i hope people understand the efforts in getting these pokes and what value those have and how hard it is gather them. Thanks and was always against it and will ever be..
MonsterTrader
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   33 Seen

Postby ElementZ » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:02 pm

Against,it would be unfair for the old players who spent so much time in the game and got nothing out of it with such hardwork
ElementZ
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   3 Seen

Postby Ryushi » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:10 pm

For.
<Period>
The All- Enormous gold Guide with up to date prices --> viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22443

Checkout what I am buying --> viewtopic.php?f=39&t=21691&start=0
Ryushi
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   513 Seen

Postby rayquaza1995 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:20 pm

I Say "FOR"......Freedom from UNOBS :P
rayquaza1995
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   15 Seen

Postby jwalk624 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:03 pm

AGAINST :headbang:
jwalk624
Trainers

Postby jazzyrulz » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:06 pm

Totally Unfair

AGAINST !!
jazzyrulz
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   37 Seen

Postby donsrk » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:11 pm

for .. as long most of those unobs in game are glitched/hacked then it's a for
Last edited by donsrk on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
donsrk
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   72 Seen

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:35 pm

Against... What are we going to have nothing rare now? Literally nothing? Yeah lets just make everything common and give handouts to everyone and screw over every single old player who has stayed here for years and been loyal to the game to work hard and build themselves up that have obtained these things... And in case you're wondering I don't even have any unobs just 4 (that I am trying to sell because i don't care for them). So I have no binding to each side of this case... It is just completely unfair to all of us players that have point a lot of time, money and effort in to just give it away... In case you haven't noticed everyone that is "for" has barely been here a fraction of most of the people that are "against" so lets just give them a handout while us old folks get screwed some more... Every game needs to have rare pokes/items/characters whatever it may be here we just make everything common and over-saturate the marketplace with the same thing so nobody can buy/sell anything because everyone has it. That is a horrible idea. In case you missed my vote I AM AGAINST IT.

edit: And it is really sad that the people that have stayed loyal to this game are the ones that are against it and we are still going to get out voted because of all of the new people that have recently joined the game and don't want to work hard to obtain something rare... Like I said before just give it all away let nothing be rare... Worked for Germany when they had to burn stacks of money due to overprinting and causing INFLATION should work here right babe?
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   270 Seen

Postby MarkieThe10 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:06 pm

Against, these unobs have been a special part of PBA and sort of an achievement for trainers to unlock once they catch one. I have been on this game for years and have had 2 unobs in my possession and it took me forever to get them, but it was a great feeling of accomplishment. New players to this game do not and will not know what it was like to try to get an unob if they were "fixed." These are the last really rare pokemon PBA has left and just because some people can't afford to buy them or hunt for them shouldn't mean that they should be made easily obtainable. Take the older member's positions on this stance into a higher consideration than the others because we have been here for a while and know what is right for the game.
~~MarkieThe10
MarkieThe10
Answers Guru

Forum Pokedex:   418 Seen

Postby alimaster786 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:21 am

AGAINST
REASON- Seriously?
Just because some players can't get them and don't want to invest money on them.. want them to be available to all?
Even sharks could have fixed the evolution chain long back.. but he DIDN'T..
Whom should be the game be more loyal to? New players (who no-one knows, how long they are going to continue playing) or old players?
I hope you all just don't go on votes and think about the old (loyal) players as well
alimaster786
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   38 Seen

You have encountered a wild gamageroge!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby Str0nt3r » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:59 am

For defnitly,
im an oldskool player myself....i dont see any point how this can harm the game as many people put their own prices on pokemon anyways, some will buy em for that much...and 95% think others are insane, lol
i have a few rares myself aswell. i dont mind if it gets fixed, how else can it be ''gotta catch em all'' right.....?
Str0nt3r
Trainers

Postby theashman83 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:25 pm

Firstly, I'd like to make it known that this poll is brought to you from the staff team, not just me. Yet because I'm the one who posted the thread, people are taking this as an opportunity to take digs at me? Real smooth guys, real smooth. These toxic responses towards me will not be tolerated, just as they wouldn't be tolerated if they were aimed at anyone else.

Secondly, I would like to address why this poll was created now and not sooner. Since Sharks was fired, and Kyro took over the game (although there isn't much to show for it), this is an opportunity to experiment, if you like, with ideas and concepts that have been floating around for ages. Or bugs, I guess you could say in this case.
Now as to why this poll is here to start with. Time for a history lesson:

• The majority of the evolution chains that would be fixed would result in so-called uber rares and unobs (unobtainables) to be well, not so uber rare and unobtainable. The uber rares class includes Slowking/Politoed/Cascoon (not so much these days)(and by extension, Dustox)/Gliscor/Vespiquen/Mothim/Probopass, and the unobs being Gallade/Weavile. The difference between the two classes, is that uber rares can potentially spawn on specific maps (at a rate of lower than 1/50000, and none (exception of Cascoon, explained in a bit), are known to have been caught in the past 5 years legitimately), whilst unobs cannot, meaning there is currently no legit way to obtain new Gallade or Weavile.

So how are they ingame? Well, in the first year or two of the game being up, there was a glitch in the credit shop that allowed people who knew said glitch to buy these unobs and uber rares. While it's true that some of the ubers may have been caught in maps, there's no way to make any disctintion between the two possibilities, and the credit-bought would far-outweigh the legitimately caught regardless. From this, we deduce that most if not all ubers/unobs from this time (classed Old IDs) were obtained through a glitch, and not legitimately from the maps.

But what about those with evidently newer IDs? Well, almost all obtained illegitmately as well. Started with the Cascoon incident (which some may remember), when Cascoon for some reason started spawning a lot more commonly (unconfirmed why this happened). At the same time, a vast number of Vespiquen/Slowking/Mothim/Probopass were caught by 3 specific users, who had hacked the game somehow. Most were dealt with, but not without some entering the market first.

Another more recent incident involved something similar, with Gallade, Slowking and Politoed being the worst affected. And again, some managed to worm their way onto the market before it could be contained.

So all these people voting against because it would ruin the value of these rare Pokémon, you are indirectly promoting glitching, hacking, and abuse of bugs.

• To those saying this will ruin the value and rarity of these Pokémon (specifically referring to the unobs/ubers I imagine), did you once consider just how these evolution methods may be introduced? Sure, the items may be buyable from the Pokemart. Or they may not, and they may be rewards for challenges/achievements that require a lot of time and effort. I didn't mention this in the original post, because I didn't think I needed to. This poll is just about whether people would like the possibility of being able to evolve to get these Pokémon. How rare the items are (using items as an example, not all would follow this) could go either way, that would be decided after the results of this poll have been finalised.

• To those who say they've worked hard, please elaborate. Have you searched the maps for countless hours hunting for these ubers? Or have you just waited for someone to sell one and bought it before anyone else could? And if so, did you pay a price that would be accepted by the community? Or offer a rip-off amount cheating the owner out of billions (you know who you are)?

• To those who say there will be "nothing left of value/worth playing for", I say this: What about the Voids that have become unobs since the removal of them from the credit shop? (Although personally I disagree with this too. The raffles from which they were distributed should be brought back, but alas, that requires a dev). There are plenty of examples of rare Pokémon to go after other than these so-called unobs/ubers. How about Albino forms of rare map Pokémon?

• Those who have these Pokémon don't want to sell. And I'm talking about the active players, not the returning players who get ripped off as soon as they open their gallery or post one on their trades before it gets sniped from them.

• For those voting against, is it just because of the economy and your assets that would be affected (if you have them)? What about the players who join a Pokémon game, expecting to be able to catch them all? Expecting to be able to evolve their Pokémon fully? They don't get to use what might be their favourite Pokémon because you don't want your assets to lose value? That might be the case in the real world, doesn't mean it has to be the same here.

So... yeah. Think that's it from me for now. I'll edit this post further if I need to.

/end WoT

Sidenote: This is my vote. This is also to make sure people are aware of the facts before voting. And to show up the people making false claims, whether intentional or un-intentional.

EDIT: I realise this post was more or less contradicting the rules that were put to this thread. I'm also aware that, although a player myself, I am still staff, so should try to remain unbiased. Therefore, the above statement is revoked, and this is not a vote at all (I'm keeping the post as it is just as a record that staff shouldn't always be seen as just staff).

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby SammyJim675 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:32 pm

Against.
SammyJim675
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   12 Seen

PreviousNext

Return to General PBA