Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

This Unob Problem And Voids on Credit Shop!

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

This Unob Problem And Voids on Credit Shop!

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:55 am

So... recently there has been a lot of fuss about voids in the credit shop back in the day and the unob problem. Nexus offered a solution but it is very unfair for both sides of the party. Below I will offer a solution.

Rules:
1. No arguing
2. No flaming, being rude or trolling
3. Only 1 post do not reply to others post just keep it to yours
4. Respect the PBA rules (like nexus said in his thread)

Voting rules
This is purely to run by kyro with more support it will become more convincing to implement into the game. Vote whether you are "for" it or "against" it and provide a brief explanation as to why you are against or for it if you would like. Also, if you have any better suggestions do tell I am open to hear it. Please only post once and be respectful.

The issue at hand:
So, this has been a big problem in the community lately with the rise of the newer players in the population. New players find it unfair that some older players had a chance to get voids on the credit shop back in the day and that older players had the chance also to get unobs back in the day. If the voids get put back on the credit shop the same way they were implemented back in the day it will punish the old players that spent so much money on rare voids. If they don't get put back on that punishes the newer players that never got that opportunity. If unobs are made common that punishes old players that worked tirelessly to obtain these pokemon and if they aren't put on it punishes players for being new.

My Proposed Resolution:
Now read this carefully because I am not saying put them all on at once forever so I don't want the voters to think I am saying that. So, what I propose is a new credit shop system. Every month for 5-7 days random voids get added to the credit shop. So 1 void legy from each generation, 2-3 normal poke voids from each generation, 1 rare/unob void and a unob (normal or special) get added to the credit shop. However, these pokes will cost 1.5-2 (possibly 3 times for the rare voids/unobs) times the rate of shiny/dark/ghost/metal pokes (about 450-600 creds for the expensive ones). The credit shop is completely useless how it is because nothing on there is of great value so this will make the game more exciting, fair and make everything better.

Benefits of doing it this way:
1. It will benefit the site/game causing more donations because more people will want to save up credits for when the pokes get released into the credit shop.
2. Raising the amount of credits they cost and randomly doing them at small selections will maintain there rarity/price for the most part.
3. Putting them up for a week will make it fair for all players rather than a day or two because if someone doesn't log in and they miss a nice void they will say it's unfair.
4. It offers a chance for all players to get good pokes but not over saturating the market with them by offering them all at one time for a cheap credit amount like shinies and stuff...
5. It'll offer players a way to make money by selling donations and credits also stimulating the economy with the trade of new rare voids that pop up every month and with people having more money from selling donations/credits they can buy normal stuff from other people!!!
6. Lastly, It is a fair compromise to all sides of the party and still helps maintain their pokes rarity/price while still allowing new players to get a taste of the good stuff ;p

I hope you all like what I've proposed. Leave your votes/comments below and happy voting!
Last edited by W0LF3M4N_trainer on Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   253 Seen

Re: This Unob Problem And Voids on Credit Shop!

Postby jwalk624 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:58 am

(For) Sounds like a great idea and will help the economy of this game.
jwalk624
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   3 Seen

Postby Alduin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:59 am

I'm all for this ! Keeps the rairity up of everything and allows all new users and donaters chances at all rare/unobs ! Hope this is added :)
Alduin
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   25 Seen

Postby donsrk » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:03 am

(for) for sure it's fair enough for all players either the old ones or the new ones and i hope this be added too :)
donsrk
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   68 Seen

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:09 am

for , even though i dont play this game (well im banned so idgad) but yh help newcomers out.
Current Global Rank: 2 Points: 4283.86
Current Goal: G̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶3̶6̶0̶0̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶1̶s̶t̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
Current Uniques: 3600 , 0 Uniques Left. Current place in unique top trainer board : 1. #Completed
Check my trades shop viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23148
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   419 Seen

Postby ElementZ » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:54 pm

For,sound great:)
ElementZ
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   3 Seen

Postby mustasherlock21 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:55 pm

For it seems like a better solution than the poll
ImageImage
mustasherlock21
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   209 Seen

Postby oobi2 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:40 pm

For... Seems like the right call for the unob problem... Hope this gets implemented
oobi2
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   1 Seen

Postby Termes » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:12 pm

I guess you're sorta on a better path of solution Wolfie!!

This is probably just another discussion, so if you think this is naughty of me to place it here just let me know and I'll take it elsewhere. ;p

I strongly think at the least, maintaining the rarity of unobs/ubers creates something of value to long for and achieve. They should be the most strictly obtainable.

We already have that 750 specials challenge, there's a chance in that of obtaining one. Maybe more of them rewards can be added. Maybe a lucky dip at the creds store or a new store that costs a reasonable amount in whatever (dollar form/pokemoney/creds etc) can create the chance to generate a new one. Another thing we could do is say, maybe a few times a year have an unob/uber as a raffle poke.

People have specific rares because they were just as active once as you are now - this is directed to people saying inactive unob account holders should be raided and have their belongings re-distributed to more active accounts. Too invasive and what will happen a few months down the track next, you'll be off the game as well so what good did you do? It's only a matter of time when someone's account is inactive. You get rewarded for playing, for being there at that time, an unobs holder had an early mover advantage, they own prime real estate or luxury because they were at the right place - right time or they have afforded it. Anything can go up in price, we get exclusives/limited editions sometimes as well. It's a good ploy (which has happened unintentionally - or so we are to believe with unobs/ubers) that creates depth to a game and cultivates things of value.

What happens when voids get put back on and then taken off because they are too common (which is what happened first time round). They became rare when players with them evaporate and they become harder to obtain. In another cycle are we, didn't we learn the first time? The new batch of players are incoming so we accommodate for them? Maybe intent-fully create rare things with newer pokes every so often. They are adding the new 6th gens soon from what I hear, perhaps a newer form of special can be added also (maybe a regular cycle of say 1 or 2 years for another new type is added).

Can we just be decisive and firm on the decisions that are made with regards to how pokes are found/obtained? If it's off creds it's off for good, if it's unob then it stays that way.

Rarity is good, barriers to entry are good, they create allure, value and demand so i don't think they should eliminate a crucial part of what has kept this game alive, especially for the higher achieving and longer playing players. Like Markie said, it is a special part of PBA, it was claimed by one on chat that no other game has this, good, it makes it different and makes it unique. What's so cool about everyone having the same thing - nothing. I don't play RuneScape, but they have party hats or w/e they're called. They are similar to unobs - the only reason they are sought after is their rarity. On the newer version of the game no one cares about them. Obviously, this is simple supply and demand but it gives very good basis as to why the rule is destroying a fundamental concept of economics and why having something to aspire to, admire, achieve, long for is a crucial part of drive and motivation.

We don't want a repeat of the system change situation last time where most of the regular players with lots of yards voted against the rules and the newer players with almost very few yards voted for it. Everyone has their motive and intent but I think what people have to lose is more significant than what is to be gained. There is a complete loss on one side and everything to gain on the other, it's a very unbalanced equation. It doesn't equally benefit or make any attempt to compensate or compromise. Oh, it was also nice how all the people who voted for were never to be seen again in large part. The regulars/veterans - who have kept a stable base of players are important and you shouldn't overlook their views since they are loyal, long-standing and helped keep the game running for so long.
Termes
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   546 Seen

Postby Navgun » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:21 pm

For...i suggested this too..but no one looked into it...and now its a poll!! So wynaut? !!! :/ :* :dance:

~~~~~~~~Used To Had Trust In Humanity Once~~~~~~~~

Navgun
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   184 Seen

Postby Azaurax » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:46 pm

Good idea, Better credit shop = more donaters = more money for the game and the devs,

-- Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:46 am --

Good idea, Better credit shop = more donaters = more money for the game and the devs,
Azaurax
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   13 Seen

Postby Navgun » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Azaurax wrote:Good idea, Better credit shop = more donaters = more money for the game and the devs,

-- Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:46 am --

and...

~~~~~~~~Used To Had Trust In Humanity Once~~~~~~~~

Navgun
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   184 Seen

Return to General PBA