Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Releasing pokemon

Having trouble getting started?

Releasing pokemon

Postby Flareon_Lover » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:35 pm

ok how many pokemon do you have to catch and release into your yard for them to stay there is it one or like a few 100 mil?
Flareon_Lover
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   75 Seen

Re: Releasing pokemon

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:58 pm

When you release a Pokemon in you yard, you are not editing their chances of "staying there", you are altering their rarity rates. Currently, the only way a Pokemon will disappear from your yard is if you manually delete or pokeside them (but the possibility of an old "run-away" feature returning was mentioned in the chats recently). What you are doing when you release many individuals is increasing the chance that they would spawn at a more frequent basis in the yard.

The amount of Pokemon required to make them common varies from species to species, but generally it only takes 100 or so Pokemon to make them appear at a non-painful rate. Rare Pokemon and Legendaries take far more- sometimes even the full 1000 limit won't make them appear at every step.

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!
(since he's pretty much the only active mod here)

PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   555 Seen

Postby Flareon_Lover » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:07 pm

ok so this mean I need to get 100 + Eevee, and a few other hard to find pokemon?
Flareon_Lover
Trainers

Postby PrincessPhoenix » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:21 pm

Back when I made an Eevee yard I did a full 100 pages of just Eevee and they didn't appear at every step. Eevee is considered to be one of the rarer yard Pokes so if you do make a yard of them it's best for it to be the exclusive Pokemon in it and put 50 pages if you want them to appear at a reliable rate (but 20 pages might work too)

I'm not here. I'm currently inactive on this forum so listen to Nexus/TheAshMan83!
(since he's pretty much the only active mod here)

PrincessPhoenix
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   555 Seen

Postby Flareon_Lover » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:28 pm

Oh, then I guess Eevee wouldn't work for me :/ so whats hard to find but also at the same time common?
Flareon_Lover
Trainers

Postby Rem » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:41 am

I'd recommend any Starter Pokemon
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
Rem
The Howling Ghost

Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Return to Gameplay Questions and Queries