Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Yard

Having trouble getting started?

Yard

Postby goshofpof » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:44 pm

Hola!

I have some questions about the yard mechanics that no one has been able to answer for me so far.

1- How does the level, gender, exp and evolutions of a pokemon influenciate the encounter rates upon release?
Does a higher level pokemon increase the encounter chance significantly more than a low level one? Or is it no better at all?
Logically speaking, in the real world (and ofc depending on the species), releasing about 10% males 90% females would be optimal to spread the genes as fast as possible. Does gender actually plays a role in the yard mechanics? If so, how so?
What about the exp? Is it irrelevant?
And how about evolutions? I've heard charmanders will spawn if you release a charizard, but does releasing a charizard would increase the encounter rate more than releasing a charmander of the level, gender and exp?

2- If I release a special pokemon what does exactly happen (besides the obvious normal increase in the encounter rate)?
Does it increase the encounter rate for that pokemon more than a normal pokemon of the same species would?
Does it increase the encounter rate for that specific special pokemon? If so, does it also increase the encounter rate for all other specials?
What's the advantage of releasing a void? What's the point of releasing a golden/albino?

I'm honestly surprised how people can play the game without caring for these details. I hope some who cares comes out and answers these questions for me. Thanks in advance!
goshofpof
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   0 Seen

Re: Yard

Postby theashman83 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:12 pm

goshofpof wrote:Hola!

Hi :)

1- How does the level, gender, exp and evolutions of a pokemon influenciate the encounter rates upon release?
Does a higher level pokemon increase the encounter chance significantly more than a low level one? Or is it no better at all?

Level of released Pokemon have no effect on the Pokemon that spawn.
Logically speaking, in the real world (and ofc depending on the species), releasing about 10% males 90% females would be optimal to spread the genes as fast as possible. Does gender actually plays a role in the yard mechanics? If so, how so?

Even if you release 100% Males, if the Pokemon has a 50/50 chance of being male or female naturally, then the Pokemon you'll find will be 50% male and 50% female. So gender of released Pokemon has no effect on the Pokemon that spawn.
What about the exp? Is it irrelevant?

As exp is related to level, and vice versa, EXP of released Pokemon has no effect on the Pokemon that spawn.
And how about evolutions? I've heard charmanders will spawn if you release a charizard, but does releasing a charizard would increase the encounter rate more than releasing a charmander of the level, gender and exp?

Level, exp and gender can be ignored, as mentioned above. So let's look at releasing a lvl 50 Charizard and lvl 50 Charmander. Releasing either will result in only Charmander being found in the yard. However, testing has suggested that releasing evolutions (Charmeleon, Charizard) makes a much lower contribution to encounter rates than releasing the base form (Charmander). So bottom line, it's just a waste of time releasing evolutions. :P

2- If I release a special pokemon what does exactly happen (besides the obvious normal increase in the encounter rate)?
Does it increase the encounter rate for that pokemon more than a normal pokemon of the same species would?

We think very slightly, but yes.
Does it increase the encounter rate for that specific special pokemon? If so, does it also increase the encounter rate for all other specials?

No. And not directly, only by making the general encounter rate better as in the previous answer and therefore better to find specials.
What's the advantage of releasing a void? What's the point of releasing a golden/albino?

As far as we know, none over releasing a Metal or Shiny, for example. As for the latter part of this question, the only point I can see is to annoy people by releasing your money :P

I'm honestly surprised how people can play the game without caring for these details. I hope some who cares comes out and answers these questions for me. Thanks in advance!

Hope these answers help!

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Re: Yard

Postby goshofpof » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks a lot!
For obvious reasons I can't say these answers helped a lot (nothing really changed from what I knew), but I no longer hold any concerns regarding those details. That in itself is as much as I could hope for from this post. So thanks!
It really is a shame that gender,level, exp and evolutions play no role in the yard mechanics. So much potential here into making them more challenging and fun at the same time.
Also as you mentioned, exp is directly related to level, but pokemons can still grow in exp past lvl100 that's why I felt the need to differentiate them.

Thanks for your effort and knowledge!
goshofpof
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   0 Seen

Return to Gameplay Questions and Queries