Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

My first try

Post your custom made art here! Do not steal other peoples' art or you may be banned.

My first try

Postby ilovebacon » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:21 am

I recently started making spirte's and this is what i have done so far
*Note i am a beginner with Gimp so they might be kind of bad : /, i also take requests but i can't promise they will be good
Blue's:
Green:
Vampire:
requests:
from hermesjared:
from shadowstar:
First banner :D :
ilovebacon
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   127 Seen

Re: My first try

Postby Kat » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:51 am

These look good for a first try.

A few things to improve:
Never save as JPEG. It ruins the quality of the sprite, this is why the colors look a little derpy. Instead, save as PNG. It has similar compression, but it does not hurt the sprite. This also means that if you wish to fix your current work, you will need to re-start from the original pokemon sprites.

I noticed this especially with the Serperior and Latias sprites, but color your outlines and also make sure they are only one pixel thick. Sprites are only supposed to have a 1 pixel outline. In addition, especially with the Latias, too much black makes the sprite look worse than it is. If you were, for example, to use a grey darker than the shadowing of the sprite as the outline color in highlight areas, the sprite would look more realistic.

All that said, your ideas are great and I would love to see improved versions. :)
Image credit to Nabeel for the banner ^^
Kat
PBA Rangers

Forum Pokedex:   478 Seen

Postby ilovebacon » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Kat wrote:These look good for a first try.

A few things to improve:
Never save as JPEG. It ruins the quality of the sprite, this is why the colors look a little derpy. Instead, save as PNG. It has similar compression, but it does not hurt the sprite. This also means that if you wish to fix your current work, you will need to re-start from the original pokemon sprites.

I noticed this especially with the Serperior and Latias sprites, but color your outlines and also make sure they are only one pixel thick. Sprites are only supposed to have a 1 pixel outline. In addition, especially with the Latias, too much black makes the sprite look worse than it is. If you were, for example, to use a grey darker than the shadowing of the sprite as the outline color in highlight areas, the sprite would look more realistic.

All that said, your ideas are great and I would love to see improved versions. :)

Thank you kat I will continue to improve and get better i will take your advice with great thanks
ilovebacon
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   127 Seen

Postby pointt » Fri May 23, 2014 8:12 pm

Those Are Quite Good For Your 1st Time , Hope i Can see more in the Near Future
pointt
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   74 Seen

Postby glennpenna » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:13 am

Yes its good but i think ilovebacon has new works cos as what this was posted last year 2013 so i think now that its 2014 for sure he has big improvement now.
The best weapons against an enemy is another enemy.
glennpenna
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   1 Seen

Return to Sprites and Banners