Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

New pokemon rates.

Give us your thoughts on the updates and the game itself, both good and bad! We want to hear it all!

New pokemon rates.

Postby Aegaeon » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:14 pm

Recently the encounter rates of Pokémon have changed In the RPG, which most of us were excited for! But it's come to our attention that the rates seem almost the same, making the players not too happy about losing their yards.

The encounter rates on maps to me seem a little bit better but I still get times where I move ten steps or so and get no Pokémon popping up.
Elemental maps seem the exact same. The current rates are in-between good and bad just as it was before. The only difference I notice is that Shaymin sky form is easier to get. And I cannot seem to find any legendary but Skymin.

As for yards this is where a lot of the players are upset. To us players yards seem almost the same, some even call it worse! We've tried searching in a mixed legendary yard and the rate was around 1 Pokémon per minute (ish). This is slightly better but not even very noticeable. I notice this for non-legendary Pokémon too. The rates are the exact same as before. Takes me around 40 of them to start finding them decently then 120 to find specials on a decent basis. Which is how I found it to be before.

I made this thread because almost every player I talk to doesn't like the 'new' rates. To have that 30 day shelf life, the rates are definitely not good enough. My clan won't make legendary yards because there is little point right now. Over a month ago when the topic in General PBA saying (old rates coming back) was posted we thought it meant actually old rates. When in a 100-page legy yard legends were found every 2-4 steps. Specials were caught almost all the time. It was fun and worth having that 30 day life.

Sharks if you are reading this I thank you so much for taking the time to read this! A lot of us players would like to see rates improve hopefully as they were back in the day!

Grammatical corrections by Nexus with permission from Aegaeon
Current goals. Dark deoxys 1b exp. 75% done. Void deoxys 1b exp. 27.5% done. Normal rayquaza (mega) 1b exp. 100% done. Shiny deoxys max exp 50ish% done. Unique poke count. 3000. 26.6% done.
Aegaeon
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   42 Seen

Re: New pokemon rates.

Postby abdulahad » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:27 pm

I totally agree with ageaon.....
Sharks its my humble request that u improve the rates of encountering pokes coz at present the change u made is unnoticeable you did bring the Older system of Yards back but without the older rates of encountering pokes on those yards hoping this request would be worked upon :) :) (y)
THANKS
abdulahad
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   5 Seen

Postby Chromohit » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:29 pm

I agree. People were excited to have older rates back. That is why most players voted for the old yard system, including me. Well, now it looks like that the yards have been wiped for no reason at all. Why? Because rates seem same as before the update. People aren't happy with it, angry instead. I am not saying that the rates haven't improved, but nobody can tell the difference in today's rates and rates before the update. I hope that the rates are brought back to what they were used to in older times.
No one is a born champion, you have to make your way through the world.

Credits to me for the banner and the avi.
Click here to check out my shop.
Click here to join the giveaway of souls.
Chromohit
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   236 Seen

Postby nikash1994 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:32 pm

i call this as a degrade not a update at all i use to find specials more easy in yard before the update now it is taking for ever to find a special in yard this is the story of the normals specials
and forget about finding a legy special

my last void was found in march 2015 tat was few months ago and i am shore i did not skip any and i was really hoping for update to change the thing and yes update change from bad to worst
and i am not the only player not to find a void in months there r lot more players told me tat they havent found a void in months and most of them were pming the other player tat they havent found the void in months

i am really feeling bad about the update and to make worst this update took all my yards

we r asking for u promised

and about raffle most of the player who win this raffle r inactive or a new player who come here to player for 1 or 2 days so its better we come up with some thing which works for every player mostly to get those unobtainable voids we dont want some thing with luck
Last edited by nikash1994 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
nikash1994
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   207 Seen

Postby Aegaeon » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:36 pm

I am in the same boat as nikas the last void I got I believe was around April.
Current goals. Dark deoxys 1b exp. 75% done. Void deoxys 1b exp. 27.5% done. Normal rayquaza (mega) 1b exp. 100% done. Shiny deoxys max exp 50ish% done. Unique poke count. 3000. 26.6% done.
Aegaeon
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   42 Seen

Postby theashman83 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:40 pm

Here are the problems I see with this update, in priority order. Bear in mind that we were promised a return to the older system in all ways, shapes and forms:

1. The lack of transparency on the final poll result - we, as PBA players, were never told the final figures, or whether they had been all fully verified. I received no reply to my post in the relevant thread.

2. The old system had a time period of 2 months before expiration, not 30 days - If we're really going back to the old system, with map rates and all (minus berries), then surely the same timescales should be used too? "30 days" was only a placeholder, after all.

3. As mentioned above, the spawn rates don't seem to be back to how they used to be - They're better, yes. On the 5th gen maps, I'd say they were back to what they were before the sudden decrease in rates. But all the other maps, including elemental maps (possibly for yards too) currently rates that I'd say were halfway between the recent rates and the old rates that were proposed.

As a sidenote, I'd also like to point out that a lot of users who voted Yes have already left or are planning to leave regardless of the update. Not to mention the number who don't play, or are banned ingame but still had access to forum accounts to mess with the poll.

But yes, we need clarification on all of the above.

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby memonie55 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:17 am

I have to say I agree with all the aforementioned points.
The only reason for players to vote yes for the update was because of the promise that the old map rates would be back, which is absolutely not what is happening.
With the old map rates, at least it would have been possible to keep one (or a couple) yards with some effort, and still have time to do other stuff in game ... but now I'm not even sure it's going to be possible to keep maintaining even one yard, unless the players do nothing else but farm that yard they wish to keep, meaning they won't have much time to actually roam any maps and doing other stuff, like completing daily challenge, being active clan members, etc.
Yes, the "normal" map rate is indeed better (even though it's still far from what was actually expected), but the elemental map rate is still at a very low level, which makes no sense when we consider players have been using their credits to gain access to these maps.
I completely understand that Sharks has other stuff to do and, like everyone here, has a busy life outside of PBA. Given this, I think it could be a good idea to see if any (active) staff members have any interest and knowledge in HTML coding or other useful informatics knowledge, and maybe delegate some tasks to them, or give them more power, in order to have a thriving PBA like we used to know it. Because right now it feels like PBA is slowly dying; I mean the game is crippled with bugs like the evolution item issue, random unobtainable pokemons, and pretty outdated (the forum, the current lack of the latest generations, clans don't really have any purpose, etc)...But the only change that was made in the last month was about the yards instead of addressing more pressing concerns (in my opinion)
Sorry about the long ranting post, but I felt that the more people express their concerns, the more chances we have of actually getting some form of feedback :)
Back to PBA! This means the return of my starter yard and contests http://www.pbaforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=136&t=23118
It also means that I am interested in buying your Pink Shiny Pokes
memonie55
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   267 Seen

Postby SongsG3 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:33 am

aeageon, i vote in you to president *laughing* .
i'm still not "saw" the changes that was promissed about the yards.
SongsG3
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   38 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:46 pm

to add on to this.. wasn't skymin supposed to be a holiday only obtainable pokemon? instead of making there be a new uber rare it's just common now since it stuck around it's no longer relevant.

element maps need fixed like fo real what's the point in spending credits on these things when they're worse than all the other maps. there should be a noticable difference.

That's all :>
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Postby Ryushi » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:07 am

theashman83 wrote:2. The old system had a time period of 2 months before expiration, not 30 days - If we're really going back to the old system, with map rates and all (minus berries), then surely the same timescales should be used too.

Absolutely.. If we are going to revert to an older version, its strange as to why everything hasn't been kept intact as before!

theashman83 wrote:3. As mentioned above, the spawn rates don't seem to be back to how they used to be - They're better, yes. On the 5th gen maps, I'd say they were back to what they were before the sudden decrease in rates. But all the other maps, including elemental maps (possibly for yards too) currently rates that I'd say were halfway between the recent rates and the old rates that were proposed.

Aegaeon wrote:As for yards this is where a lot of the players are upset. To us players yards seem almost the same, some even call it worse! We've tried searching in a mixed legendary yard and the rate was around 1 Pokémon per minute (ish). This is slightly better but not even very noticeable. I notice this for non-legendary Pokémon too. The rates are the exact same as before. Takes me around 40 of them to start finding them decently then 120 to find specials on a decent basis. Which is how I found it to be before.

Yards are pretty much useless atm and its a pity, because yards were PBA's own innovation - something that sets it apart from other games. To be honest, players like me have been sticking to PBA only because of yards. If yards are being tampered at like this, its really a pain to sit and play your favourite online MMORPG for prolonged hours.

glucht23 wrote:to add on to this.. wasn't skymin supposed to be a holiday only obtainable pokemon? instead of making there be a new uber rare it's just common now since it stuck around it's no longer relevant. Element maps need fixed like fo real what's the point in spending credits on these things when they're worse than all the other maps. there should be a noticeable difference.

To put it blatantly, I think Shaymin skies need to be made an unob and removed from all the maps from now. The encounter rate in Elemental maps have increased though, but I do not think these are equal to the rates 3-4 years back.
The All- Enormous gold Guide with up to date prices --> viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22443

Checkout what I am buying --> viewtopic.php?f=39&t=21691&start=0
Ryushi
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   513 Seen

Postby Mickerrs » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:16 am

I agree with aegaeon and i speak for the whole of "The Royals" clan when i say we are not very happy with the rates.. (im not even happy with the 30 day thing). Also, i have heard that a fair amount of people who voted for that to return have now left the game since it has been re-introduced (im not 100% if that is true im just going by 'rumours'). I would like to see the rates be raised some as i find that i cant proceed with the game making yards and catching uniques as they are too rare to find!
Thankyou. ~Reck
<<~#Original.Reckkk#~>> Never apologize for what you feel, its like saying sorry for being real..
Mickerrs
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   105 Seen

Postby Ryushi » Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:02 am

Been more than 6 months since this new thing was implemented..
I think its high time Sharks alters the rates of legys, 5th gens and fakemons in yards! They need to be easier to find .. like they used to be. Totally unhappy with this new yard encounter rate for legys, 5th gens and fakemons!
The All- Enormous gold Guide with up to date prices --> viewtopic.php?f=33&t=22443

Checkout what I am buying --> viewtopic.php?f=39&t=21691&start=0
Ryushi
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   513 Seen

Return to Feedback