Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Chat moderators

Give us your thoughts on the updates and the game itself, both good and bad! We want to hear it all!

Chat moderators

Postby andre falzon » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:20 pm

Ok this post is a waste of time but il post this anyway just to say what i have to say.

So it was 11:00 at night and i was in the chat were usually at this time the selling and trading would cut off and everyone would just talk about stuff.

So there was this guy which i didn't even know and he starts offending me in my profile ,which i didnt care at all and just made fun of it in the chat by quoting what he and i said on the chat and what I said.

and apparently i broke the rule for "discussing illegal content"

Why i think i didnt get banned for an accurate reason:

1:First of all Panadols and klacids drugs aren't illegal they are everyday taking drugs and TV advertised drugs apparently you need to mention your incoming mod ash all the illegal drugs XD

2:I wasn't !discussing! ,I was just mentioning what he just said to me .I think there is a difference between mentioning what other said to you just to make you scared of him and discussing.

3:Atleast warn first ..

Reason why i made this post:

I saw some others that ban were not necessary and i just want you guys to chill out and have some common sense before banning

Thanks for reading
andre falzon
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   5 Seen

Re: Chat moderators

Postby Rem » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:37 am

Here's what I think...
You should have had common sense yourself not to post something as stupid like that in the chat, without expecting some backlash.
You could have privately messaged the staff member who banned you or another staff member and try to explain your scenario and maybe they'd understand
You can't put us all in a group and say that none of the moderators warn and just ban hap hazardly. While you didn't screenshot the whole conversation, I can't see if they warned or not, so yes, the staff member should have warned you (unless they did already). However, I don't know if you're talking about the game or the chatroom, because those are two different cases.
Keep in mind, arguing with us will just put you in a disadvantage. While I'm not the one who banned you, i tend to avoid people who act like wild animals towards me. I'm not saying you were arguing because i obviously wasn't there, but i'm just saying for future references.

I'd also like to clarify, that staff members aren't required to warn depending on the situation.
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
Rem
The Howling Ghost

Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Postby theashman83 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:05 am

This all resulted from you discussing comments made by another user on your profile, correct? Then why did you feel the need to discuss them? Surely the best thing would've been to just report them?

Essentially, you didn't have any obligation to repeat these comments in the public chat. And it doesn't matter what you replied with, that's not the part you were banned for. That would be the 'trafficking drugs' line you repeated, which always sends off alarm bells and implicates illegal activities.

Again, common sense seems to be the theme here. Why would you repeat a comment like that on a PG Pokémon chat's trade channel, of all places, instead of just reporting it to one of the mods from the off?

And in regards to your points:
1: Again, why would you need to mention any of that in public anyway?
2: Mentioning something starts a discussion about it. The ban was to prevent it going any further.
3: What JProcks said.

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby andre falzon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:53 pm

"You should have had common sense yourself not to post something as stupid like that in the chat, without expecting some backlash".

I wasn't talking to the chat in general , i was just talking to another person that this guy posted on his profile too.Your talking about common sense when some of the mods just saw "trafficking " in chat and just insta 24 hour ban and not evaluate the situation.

You could have privately messaged the staff member who banned you or another staff member and try to explain your scenario and maybe they'd understand

i spent 15 minutes talking to them in general

You can't put us all in a group and say that none of the moderators warn and just ban hap hazardly. While you didn't screenshot the whole conversation, I can't see if they warned or not, so yes, the staff member should have warned you (unless they did already). However, I don't know if you're talking about the game or the chatroom, because those are two different cases.

I wasn't happy what do you expect? to mention the names? so i just said the moderators in general and didn't meant all of them. Screenshot? I was banned 5 seconds after what i said
Would it be better if i just go told not to mention anything and not even quoting and just censor what i said?

Keep in mind, arguing with us will just put you in a disadvantage. While I'm not the one who banned you, i tend to avoid people who act like wild animals towards me. I'm not saying you were arguing because i obviously wasn't there, but i'm just saying for future references.

Yes i know that , It's not like your going to say that you did wrong and should of did better, and sorry if I said some harsh words .

I'd also like to clarify, that staff members aren't required to warn depending on the situation.

Theres things and things..

That would be the 'trafficking drugs' line you repeated, which always sends off alarm bells and implicates illegal activities

Since you have brains i expect that you would evaluate what happened first and didn't just see "trafficking drugs" instant 24 hour ban or your just a more efficient bot .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
andre falzon
Trainers

Postby Rem » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:43 pm

Honestly you're dragging this line farther than it has to go. It's just a 24 hour ban, which is not even bad to be honest.
I saw the entirety of what happened, and yeah saying trafficking drugs is implying illegal content which obviously is not allowed. You said you were talking to one specific person, you should have just took the conversation to PM.
Also, you spent 15 minutes arguing in a public chat with everyone. Not "sorry, I didn't know the rules it was my mistake can i get another chance"

Anyway, it's 24 hours and hopefully next time you're on chat it won't be a bad experience :P
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
Rem
The Howling Ghost

Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Re: Specific Chat moderators

Postby andre falzon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:38 pm

If those staff that were in chat had common sense they would have given another chance immediately and not necessary have to to ask for it. I argued because i had to and wouldn't argue if I saw that ban was necessary, and i have been in the chat for almost back from when this game existed . Addios
andre falzon
Trainers

Return to Feedback