Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Update's Thread Discussion

Give us your thoughts on the updates and the game itself, both good and bad! We want to hear it all!

Update's Thread Discussion

Postby Sharks » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:02 am

Since, only Admins , Mods and Assistants can reply or post in the Updates Thread, I have created this thread to allow normal users to post their feedbacks.
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   465 Seen

Re: Update's Thread Discussion

Postby John-117 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:38 am

thnx sharks I think encounter rates for legys/shines/metal/dark/ghost pokemons should be increased for non- premium members becuz probably many members like me dont have credit cards or they never get them so they will never donate money does any1 agree with me?

College Student • coder • Gamer

John-117
The Ultimate FAIL

Forum Pokedex:   449 Seen

You have encountered a wild Dunsparce!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby Tyler001 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:42 am

i must say with every update PBA is becoming more like Pokemon Crater. And i am absolutly impressed with kyro adding in the brillian S/M/G/D pokemon. They were brilliant to collect. Everything else looks great. Looks like the adverts have gone aswell =). The only downside for PBA to be honest is the Map System. You have to unlock maps .... doesnt work for me. Should have it like Pokemon Crater. Where they were 3 or 4 HUGE maps with areas in each one. You click on area and you can walk around. And you can also walk from one area to another. And for legendary pokemon. Once again do it like crater =P. You can only find normal pokemon (including S/M/G/D) then once you have ALL gym badges and defeted ALL the elite 4 you can explore maps and legendarys can appear for you. Worked brilliant. But over all up to now. I think PBA is really become like crater. Just a few more tweaks and BINGO =P
Tyler001
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   0 Seen

Postby Yubi09 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:20 pm

I really like the new updates i played the original pokemon crater and this is getting there. Just needs a few tweaks IE:

Encounter rate- should be increased i can walk around 35 steps before a pokemon appears and seeings as this suffers lag and is slow for dial up users 35 steps can take 10mins..

Gym leaders- Heres more of an idea and what needs to be done Gym badges, Moves given (on pokemon DS games when you win a badge the gym leader also gives you a TM)

Shinys- If you have a shiny pokemon and your exploring the maps your team look like normal non shiny pokemon.

Maps- More content IE: more areas to explore and more maps.

Donations- Should be able to donate by mobile phone aswell for non credit card users.

Trading- Should be able to trade items aswell

Items- More items and allow items to be used in battle

IRC- allow IRC instead of a html shoutbox it loads instantly and its 100% secure.

3 days premium status- Allow users that sign up 3 days to see what being a premium member is like.

Story line- Possible story line professor [insert name] gives trainer a task like collecting data on the first generation pokemon. Then when thats done you unlock a new region. In that region the 2nd professor gives you a task to collect info on the 2nd generation pokemon once that is done you get a new region and so on... When you have unlocked all regions you can access special islands/maps where you can catch rare/shiny/legendary pokemon. (Just an idea)

Those ideas could really improve the user interface and give users something to do than just training/battling/trading and collecting pokemon..

Character design- Design your character how you want it (Select from around 32 t-shirts/pants with color change, face customization, hair customization, Shoes, accessories basically so you can make your character exactly how you would like it.

Nicknames- should be able to give nicknames to your Pokemon.

Teams- Players can start there own teams that costs 1,000,000 Poke' money with the team you can ask the users on your friends list to join

Features for the Teams: Team starter can buy a property as a gang base the bigger the property the more members it can hold, Teams can challenge other teams to battles to win experience for there teams when team experience goes up respect level changes
example (Reputation level: 1) then when enough experience is won it goes up also have a ranking system so the layout would be something like:

-Team image-
Team: Madeupname
Members: 10 [view]
Reputation level: 1
Global rank: 5032

Team leader can also assign members to the "Boss" rank bosses have privileges but not as many as the team leader.
Trainers can donate to the team IE: Pokemon, Money, Credits and items. Team leaders and bosses can givethe donations to members IE: boss1 gives 1,000 to member [insert player name]
If the member leaves the team the loan of pokemon is returned to the teams base but money and credits and items cannot be returned.

Just an idea would make the game very unique and more interesting.
and then theres the NPC teams IE: Team rocket, Team magma, Team aqua ect...

I have loads of ideas ;)
Yubi09
Trainers

Postby Yubi09 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Sorry for typing loads xD
Yubi09
Trainers

Postby Shohs » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:25 pm

First I have to tell you that according to Da Rules you aren't allowed to post twice in a row, if you need to change your post click the "Edit" button in the upper right corner.

These are my comments only, I have next to no influence on what Kyro does. So don't expect these to happen just because I say they're interesting or worth looking at. :D

Yubi09 wrote:Encounter rate- should be increased i can walk around 35 steps before a pokemon appears and seeings as this suffers lag and is slow for dial up users 35 steps can take 10mins..

When the lag is completely fixed, this won't be necessary.

Yubi09 wrote:Gym leaders- Heres more of an idea and what needs to be done Gym badges, Moves given (on pokemon DS games when you win a badge the gym leader also gives you a TM)

Interesting idea. Might be worth looking in to.

Yubi09 wrote:Shinys- If you have a shiny pokemon and your exploring the maps your team look like normal non shiny pokemon.

Unnecessary coding, really. It might be later, after everything else is done.

Yubi09 wrote:Maps- More content IE: more areas to explore and more maps.

Twenty-seven routes aren't enough? There are also like...eight element maps.

Yubi09 wrote:Donations- Should be able to donate by mobile phone aswell for non credit card users.

Sure why not? Kyro does need donations to keep the servers running, this would help out that much more.

Yubi09 wrote:Trading- Should be able to trade items aswell

The last part is going to come. I'm not sure about item trading though, you can already trade money...

Yubi09 wrote:IRC- allow IRC instead of a html shoutbox it loads instantly and its 100% secure.

I've thought of this myself. IRC is easier to use in my opinion. But if I'm not mistaken, it's another server Kyro has to pay for.

Yubi09 wrote:3 days premium status- Allow users that sign up 3 days to see what being a premium member is like.

Interesting idea. However, I feel this would sucker people into wanting to get the premium status. That's not exactly what we want, I wouldn't think.

Yubi09 wrote:Story line- Possible story line professor [insert name] gives trainer a task like collecting data on the first generation pokemon. Then when thats done you unlock a new region. In that region the 2nd professor gives you a task to collect info on the 2nd generation pokemon once that is done you get a new region and so on... When you have unlocked all regions you can access special islands/maps where you can catch rare/shiny/legendary pokemon. (Just an idea)

Yet another interesting idea.

Yubi09 wrote:Those ideas could really improve the user interface and give users something to do than just training/battling/trading and collecting pokemon..

Character design- Design your character how you want it (Select from around 32 t-shirts/pants with color change, face customization, hair customization, Shoes, accessories basically so you can make your character exactly how you would like it.

Nicknames- should be able to give nicknames to your Pokemon.

Teams- Players can start there own teams that costs 1,000,000 Poke' money with the team you can ask the users on your friends list to join

Features for the Teams: Team starter can buy a property as a gang base the bigger the property the more members it can hold, Teams can challenge other teams to battles to win experience for there teams when team experience goes up respect level changes
example (Reputation level: 1) then when enough experience is won it goes up also have a ranking system so the layout would be something like:

-Team image-
Team: Madeupname
Members: 10 [view]
Reputation level: 1
Global rank: 5032

Team leader can also assign members to the "Boss" rank bosses have privileges but not as many as the team leader.
Trainers can donate to the team IE: Pokemon, Money, Credits and items. Team leaders and bosses can givethe donations to members IE: boss1 gives 1,000 to member [insert player name]
If the member leaves the team the loan of pokemon is returned to the teams base but money and credits and items cannot be returned.

Just an idea would make the game very unique and more interesting.
and then theres the NPC teams IE: Team rocket, Team magma, Team aqua ect...

I have loads of ideas ;)

Now I have to point out that this thread is for discussing updates. To suggest update ideas, post them here.

Also, pokemon nicknames have already been suggested. Thanks for your input!
Shohs
Forever in love.

Forum Pokedex:   189 Seen

Postby Anira » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:08 am

What shohs that was like all correct still ill give my own comments as well.

Encounter rate- should be increased i can walk around 35 steps before a pokemon appears and seeings as this suffers lag and is slow for dial up users 35 steps can take 10mins..

As shohs already said not needed the speed is better already and will probably increase more.
Gym leaders- Heres more of an idea and what needs to be done Gym badges, Moves given (on pokemon DS games when you win a badge the gym leader also gives you a TM)

Thats what i want to do since a few days but for some reason i can add the badges and items and still you wont rechieve the item after battling ince i found out why and fixed that youll get items and badges from teh trainer.
Maps- More content IE: more areas to explore and more maps.

As shohs said there are 40+ maps isnt that enough?

The items will work soon and if they do we will add more tiems of course.
IRC- allow IRC instead of a html shoutbox it loads instantly and its 100% secure.

I played an other online rpg while kyro was gone and this game has an IRC chat i really started to love that esp now that im moderating on the pba chat again XD. I suggested that to kyro already before you said it and he thinks about doing that ;)
Sad how some people forget you or what you did, thanks to the people who still remember.
for MY ART click here

Anira
Fanatic Forum Member

Postby vivekremote » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:05 am

i wush that the levels of the pokemon must be shown whem ever you enter the battle. also offline trading system if installed would be nice.
this is vivekremote of pba,satanztwin of pokemoncrater,791197 of tppcrpg.
vivekremote
Gameboy

Postby Shohs » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Those have both been suggested already as well. I think you guys are missing the point of this thread. This is for discussing the updates that already happened, giving Kyro and Anira your views on the updates. If you want to give update ideas, post them here.
Shohs
Forever in love.

Postby Tuckasaurus » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:31 pm

All is good in my opinion.
Well done to all involved in making PBA a great game
I especially like the pokeball touch, and the new background which makes the game look fantastic.
Keep up the good work
Read my story, Pokemon; The Black List, and give me feedback :)
Tuckasaurus
The Chosen One

Forum Pokedex:   4 Seen

Postby rartic1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:16 pm

i can only agree with the ER for yard's to be increased, shohs and anira i know that legy need to be kept rare but it's like even making it hard to find a caterpie or a magikarp at a yard,

well if the ER can't be increased then can u atleast tell us wat the ER is currently
Rar's Legacy Lives On.....
Shiny Giratina EXP: 10999534
http://rartic4.mybrute.com/
rartic1
Active Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   54 Seen

Postby Shohs » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:14 pm

I do agree with you now, I ran around a couple yards a bit last night..I was running around Charva's Kyogre yard for quite a while too and only found one Kyogre, and got an error line when I went to battle it :lol:
Shohs
Forever in love.

Postby rartic1 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:23 pm

yep, i knew u would but u didnt before becoz probally u were in sniper or terris's yard wich hav high encounter rates, so i should hope it get's fixed

thanks for agreeing with me shohs
Rar's Legacy Lives On.....
Shiny Giratina EXP: 10999534
http://rartic4.mybrute.com/
rartic1
Active Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   54 Seen

Postby Sharks » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:00 pm

*Bump*
Sharks
Fanatic Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   465 Seen

Postby Legendaryman » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:45 pm

I Agree Halot
Don`t PM Unless it`s important. Don`t Ask Me to Unbanned You Because I`m Not a Moderator.
Here`s my little song i wrote
You might write in the note for note
Don`t worry..Be Happy..
Be Happy Now
Legendaryman
Active Forum Member

Next

Return to Feedback