Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

removing from the filters list

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

removing from the filters list

Postby glucht23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:07 pm

on the pba channels there are many words I'd like to suggest removed from filters/badwords list

Idiot shouldn't be blocked there's a ton of other words that will be used anyways i'd like to quote from another topic
Master Mark wrote:Honestly, banning that word would bring birth to a new word meaning the same thing.
<- has a point
all forms of noob - it's been voted to be removed before I don't know why it was readded >.>
.com and http its much easier to link your trades
the ability to use /me - it's fun to use /me long as people don't overuse it again
and hashtags which are awesome to use -the people who advertise channels with them should just be banned why punish everyone else >.>

so this is what I want to do I want people to post here and say if they agree/disagree on these words being able to be freely said on the pba channels!
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Re: removing from the filters list

Postby this_dude » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:18 pm

agree
this_dude
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   59 Seen

Postby Jay9794 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:20 pm

I have to agree with this. Not everyone should be punished because some people take advantage of using these words and commands. And in terms or removing some words more words with the same or worse meanings will be born so there's not much of an escape route from that meaning being used with a different word.
Jay9794
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   74 Seen

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:21 pm

I agree ¬_¬
People get kicked for random words which ain't major like "Gay" or "Idiot".
Current Global Rank: 2 Points: 4283.86
Current Goal: G̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶3̶6̶0̶0̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶1̶s̶t̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
Current Uniques: 3600 , 0 Uniques Left. Current place in unique top trainer board : 1. #Completed
Check my trades shop viewtopic.php?f=39&t=23148
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   419 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:22 pm

pkemnmasterdestroyer wrote:I agree ¬_¬
People get kicked for random words which ain't major like "Gay" or "Idiot".

gay= bad
idiot= average
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:24 pm

gay= bad

It could also mean happy.
Current Goal: G̶e̶t̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶3̶6̶0̶0̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶[̶b̶]̶1̶s̶t̶[̶/̶b̶]̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶q̶u̶e̶s̶.̶ ̶
Current Uniques: 3600 , 0 Uniques Left. Current place in unique top trainer board : 1. #Completed
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers

Postby Firefist_Shaaif » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:25 pm

Totally agree with Glucht on this. :/
Firefist_Shaaif
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   74 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:27 pm

thanks everyone for posting on this so far and

pkemnmasterdestroyer wrote:
gay= bad

debatable.. :\
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

You have encountered a wild Cascoon!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby pkemnmasterdestroyer » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:28 pm

glucht23 wrote:thanks everyone for posting on this so far and

gay= bad

debatable.. :\

Yep it depends on the way they say it...
pkemnmasterdestroyer
Trainers

Postby killer_machine » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:30 pm

agreed.
killer_machine
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   54 Seen

Postby theashman83 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Idiot shouldn't be blocked there's a ton of other words that will be used anyways i'd like to quote from another topic
Master Mark wrote:Honestly, banning that word would bring birth to a new word meaning the same thing.
<- has a point

I can see why it was blocked, but I also agree with MM. Debateable on this one.
all forms of noob - it's been voted to be removed before I don't know why it was readded >.>

Well, abuse of it and excessive usage as insults are 2 of many reasons why they're still on there.

Linking to trades could trigger log outs, seeing as there are 3 different domains for the game. You'd have to change the address each time depending on which domain you're using. And searching up an account isn't that hard or time-consuming ._.
the ability to use /me - it's fun to use /me long as people don't overuse it again

It's only blocked in #PBATrades (and auctions, but so is everything else). I don't see the point in unblocking it in a trades channel, seeing as it's mainly used in general conversation and role-play, both of which belong in #pba.
hashtags which are awesome to use -the people who advertise channels with them should just be banned why punish everyone else >.>

As soon as you use a #, people automatically assume you're talking about a channel, and at least one person then goes in search of said channel and blah blah. That one will be staying, me's thinks.

As demonstrated in above posts, there are some more words which should probably be blocked instead of just put on the badwords list.

Firefist_Shaaif wrote:Totally agree with Glucht on this. :/

this_dude wrote:agree

killer_machine wrote:agreed.

You're gonna need to provide reasoning if you want to be counted in this discussion.

gay= bad
could also mean happy.

And the chances of that occurring is <1%
Last edited by theashman83 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:40 pm

I can see why it was blocked, but I also agree with MM. Debateable on this one.

Well, abuse of it and excessive usage as insults are 2 of many reasons why they're still on there.

its a word gamers use dude this word was even in my newspaper 3 days ago LOL
me wrote:.com and http its much easier to link your trades

Linking to trades could trigger log outs, seeing as there are 3 different domains for the game. You'd have to change the address each time depending on which domain you're using. And searching up an account isn't that hard or time-consuming ._.
people are lazy and people could request a link and you could provide it the advantage of it being posted on a channel is that people will click it and then login but still they'll go check the trades page not many people go check peoples trades... I never do unless they name something i want i don't check too lazy to go to find trainers
me wrote:the ability to use /me - it's fun to use /me long as people don't overuse it again

It's only blocked in #PBATrades (and auctions, but so is everything else). I don't see the point in unblocking it in a trades channel, seeing as it's mainly used in general conversation and role-play, both of which belong in #pba.
but on average #pbatrades is most active for chatting too which makes it the fun place
me wrote:hashtags which are awesome to use -the people who advertise channels with them should just be banned why punish everyone else >.>

As soon as you use a #, people automatically assume you're talking about a channel, and at least one person then goes in search of said channel and blah blah. That one will be staying, me's thinks.
if people are stupid enough to think that #YOLO or #swag is a channel then they need the experience of finding out otherwise anyways :3
As demonstrated in above posts, there are some more words which should probably be blocked instead of just put on the badwords list.

Firefist_Shaaif wrote:Totally agree with Glucht on this. :/

this_dude wrote:agree

killer_machine wrote:agreed.

You're gonna need to provide reasoning if you want to be counted in this discussion.
not true all I needed was a agree basing this topic on viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20608 I just am unable to use the poll method
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Postby theashman83 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:58 pm

its a word gamers use dude this word was even in my newspaper 3 days ago LOL

A word that is more commonly used by young adults/older teenagers, NOT younger people at which the game is aimed at.
people are lazy

Agreed
and people could request a link and you could provide it the advantage of it being posted on a channel is that people will click it and then login but still they'll go check the trades page not many people go check peoples trades... I never do unless they name something i want i don't check too lazy to go to find trainers

But then, you forget all the other things like viruses, 'Log in to get premium' sites, and a whole bunch of other inappropriate urls. Though I do think that the levels list should be amended so that access of 3 (i.e. me) can avoid the filter in order to ban/unban hostmasks involving things like .com on the end.
but on average #pbatrades is most active for chatting too which makes it the fun place

We can't force people to use #pba (well we could but we won't unless extreme). If they want to use /me, they can go to #pba.
if people are stupid enough to think that #YOLO or #swag is a channel then they need the experience of finding out otherwise anyways :3

There's also advertising actual channels, which comes to mind with a certain someone... And yeah, abuse by certain people would probably get it put back immediately.

not true all I needed was a agree basing this topic on viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20608 I just am unable to use the poll method

A topic made over a year ago. But anyways, if those words are to be removed, we have to have valid reasons, and lots of them, for doing so. If you want them removed, you better post why. Otherwise, your argument will look very weak.

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Postby Rem » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:59 pm

glucht23 wrote:on the pba channels there are many words I'd like to suggest removed from filters/badwords list

<- has a point
and hashtags which are awesome to use -the people who advertise channels with them should just be banned why punish everyone else >.>

so this is what I want to do I want people to post here and say if they agree/disagree on these words being able to be freely said on the pba channels!

i think:
You just want idiot back so you can go back to calling people idiots which will cause fights.
noob isn't that bad but again, it won't be used light heartedly.
.com can be removed because people can link to forum
/me can be unblocked
hashtags i don't think should be removed because again, advertising
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
Rem
The Howling Ghost

Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:22 pm

JProcks wrote:so this is what I want to do I want people to post here and say if they agree/disagree on these words being able to be freely said on the pba channels!

i think:
You just want idiot back so you can go back to calling people idiots which will cause fights.
noob isn't that bad but again, it won't be used light heartedly.
.com can be removed because people can link to forum
/me can be unblocked
hashtags i don't think should be removed because again, advertising[/quote]

you know i can start fights without using the word idiot :P

noob isn't that bad at all @ ash and rem nowadays its actually used when talking to friends on IRC :P ex: Sumac is a nub :3

@.com what about http you can't link without the http

@/me sweet :/

hashtags aren't only used for advertising they're popular ever since twitter you know that rem
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Next

Return to General PBA