Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Bringing back an older yard system

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

Should we bring back the old yard system?

Poll ended at Sun May 03, 2015 9:56 am

Yes
52%
No
48%
I don't care
No votes

Total votes : 90

Re: Bringing back an older yard system

Postby Rem » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:57 am

This has to be in the game. This game is way too easy and yards are the main reason for that. Adding this would give more to do because of the countdown. I vote YES
Usernames: Sakaa, JProcks, Rem
Rem
The Howling Ghost

Forum Pokedex:   558 Seen

Postby W0LF3M4N_trainer » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:53 am

theashman83 wrote:Voted "No".

Reasons:
  • The current yard system isn't the problem; the map rates are. Back at the time when Shiny forms were temporarily more common, the map rates were as they were back in the old days. After this was dealt with, map rates were reduced. This is what prompted the rise in people making yards, rather than just searching on maps. Increase map rates by all means, but why should those who have put their hard work into yards suffer for it?
  • On a more personal level, I just wouldn't have the time to maintain half, let alone all my yards.

And to those of you claiming it will increase the economy, how will it? You've said that people will find specials easier on maps, so what would be the use in buying yard access, or even specials off the market? If the rates are improved, the specials get more common, the market gets flooded, things lose prices. That helps how?

This is not the PBA that people once knew and loved. This is the modern PBA, yards are a core feature and attraction, and I don't think trying to retrace our steps or messing about with them will help improve the game. Instead, we should be focusing on other areas; ingame clans for example. Some do the challenges, most do nothing. Some make yards, but that's not gonna change whether yards expire or not. More clan-based events, and recognition of achievements, would go a long way.

Another idea would be to add the ORAS Mega Evolutions and 6th Generation Pokémon. Make them rare, non-releasable in yards, prizes for events, etc. Perhaps the Mega Stone for ORAS MEs could be a separate item, and have different requirements like a random number of battles per day, or like the current clan challenges but per account?

May add more to this in the future.

Offtopic: It's interesting to see how many people who have voted "Yes" don't actually have yards they care about.

LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: We are saying the economy is ruined because of perm yards for this reason… Instead of buying pokemon people just think "oh I am in that pokemon yard i'll just go catch it I'm not going buy it" because they can farm from age old 200 year old yards that are completely AFK. So instead of stimulating the economy by promoting trading/selling everyone and their mother has every type of pokemon yard and people just catch/farm the pokemon rather than buy it from someone else… We are not claiming it would increase the economy because of more specials.

The actual reason we say it will stimulate the economy is because yard owners will have fewer pokemon yards therefore making some pokemon harder to obtain than others. So when specials are caught more people are inclined to sell the pokemon rather than go catch it in a 100 year old yard because that yard doesn't exist anymore. This game is extremely to easy to catch things it is because of yards being perm because you don't have to work for anything.

Lastly, I like how you said you wouldn't have time to maintain the yards… Of course you wouldn't that is the point to not have people owning 50 yards lol… But what I found interesting is that you want more clan events/achievements so you have time for clan events and achievements but not to maintain a yard??? I have a full time job, internship, full time enrolled student in school and live with my girlfriend and I still have time to train 50m xp everyday I'm sure in a month people that are dedicated can take care of a few yards. Also, for the people who are actually really busy as well how is that fair to only offer new pokemon through clan events if for some reason they can't get on because they've been busy now that person is going to have to spend a ton of money to get something someone got for free in an event lol. And your off topic comment quite a few of us actually have very good/expensive yards that we don't mind having to put work into again… If you don't want to bother to maintain that yard that you let die then ask yourself the question did you really care about that yard in the first place??? LOL…

No disrespect by any means but I think you are missing the points we are trying to make and are completely taking it in the wrong perception. Plus, it is a voting no need to get angry and bash others over it, it's an opinion based thread lol…

To add onto that as well… Look at what perm yards did to the game as well… Nothing is rare anymore… Delibirds been farmed to death, Froslass been farmed to death, Bryworms/aquafox, etc…. Yes I understand there is still a few tiny sliver of rare pokemon left but they'll have their day when they get farmed and are worthless… Nothing is rare now because these yards last forever and people just camp them relentlessly farm as many pokes as they can, mass sell them for cheap or make their own version of the yard and crash the price of the pokemon/decreasing it's rarity and therefore again ruining the economy...
W0LF3M4N_trainer
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   270 Seen

Postby kingofdarkness_01 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:52 am

My answer will be a BIG NO...
i paid access for all those yards...at that time the yards where permanent.. so if yards r being taken down i will b loosing that money..
If you guys r planning to implement older yard system and bring back equity and economy... BRING BACK THE RARE POKES SUCH AS GLISCOR VESPI WEAVILE ETC TO THE GAME... so that the new players can also enjoy catching them... if u guys cant do that dont mess with the yards... let it be...
kingofdarkness_01
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   132 Seen

Postby Chromohit » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:59 am

I voted to bring back the older system. It is helpful for new players to make fast progress. Many ppl just play the game for a month or so and then leave the game coz they don't have patience and don't want to wait to catch rares and specials. I know ppls with yards will think that this will ruin their hard work but this will make the game more fun only.
Some players get access to yards and then the player with yard becomes inactive. This system will help as new old players won't be having advantage of those yards to catch pokes. It will make some clans active in clan challenges as the pokes will be easier to catch and clan members will get encouraged to do the challenges.
I would just say that read the explanation about this system and at least vote. Irrelevant if its 'yes' or 'no' or 'i dont care'.
No one is a born champion, you have to make your way through the world.

Credits to me for the banner and the avi.
Click here to check out my shop.
Click here to join the giveaway of souls.
Chromohit
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   236 Seen

Postby xerneas » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:21 am

I gave it a No, if you're making Pokemon more common on the maps, what's the point of the yards? and the economy is not bad, it's simple, more people came to play, got the pokes that were rare or rare-ish, so those Pokes became more and more common. As the game is growing, the Pokes that used to be rare and/or wanted will never have the same price or rarity.
Also, some of us are not clan members, I, for example, play on my own, and taking care of more than 3 yards would be a nightmare also, soem of us don't have the needed time as we had before... And I'm not selfish, I'm just being real. There are other things on PBA that need to get fixed, this yard thing, it just isn't important and a ''must have'' for the game.

I always say, stop living in the past, it's destroying the future.
Just No... :x :shake:
xerneas
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   97 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:24 pm

I voted yes, however you people are saying "it will fix the economy" no. the economy is far too ruined already. legys have been made nearly uncatchable yet shiny, dark, ghost, and metal are all remaining at the same price that they were when they were common. it will fix the economy on anything that isn't already ruined perhaps. however some of the downsides of this would be 1) people will try recreate your yards more. they'll catch the normals then make the yard and then when your yard resets they'll have the perfect opportunity to start selling access to theirs.

tbh there doesn't seem to be any upside to this since i don't think there's going to be any pokemon released into the game that will be able to be caught in yards. What you could do is... make this at least slightly beneficial by making legys go back to their past encounter rate if this is added ;)

(I really should've realized there's no upsides before pressing yes.. can i change it to no? lol)
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Postby Psyzxc » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:57 pm

I Voted yes . Because its easy to find rares on map and its fair for new player . we dont need to pay for yard access or etc , thats why i voted yes .
Psyzxc
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   5 Seen

You have encountered a wild Infernape!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

I Voted yes . Because its easy to find rares on map and its fair for new player . we dont need to pay for yard access or etc , thats why i voted yes .
Psyzxc
Trainers

Psyzxc
Trainers

Postby LeannaMSB » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:16 am

I voted NO.
I voted no because I have many Yards that I simply will not maintain. I will not maintain them because I won't be playing the game anymore.
I have a lot of yards that the pokemon are rare and I have maybe the only one in game or one of a few. If map rates were to increase and my yard pokes erased their price would drop! so thats misleading information. :devil:

I have multiple Premium accounts and I worked hard to make my rare yards. I think this will make many people very disgusted and you will lose players instead of gain them.

Me being one. If this is passed I seriously don't see why I would play. Nothing to work toward, caught in a constant loop, like a hamster on a wheel. Never getting anywhere!!!

NO

-- Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:23 pm --

Instead of doing this maybe delete peoples accounts [or just yards] who haven't been active in 200 years. or who are perm. banned. so on blah blah blah.

And Froslass and Fakes? And divines? and so on... I have to catch those every month to add to my yard?? No thanks
LeannaMSB
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   33 Seen

Postby nikash1994 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:43 am

Psyzxc wrote:I Voted yes . Because its easy to find rares on map and its fair for new player . we dont need to pay for yard access or etc , thats why i voted yes .

psyzxc if old system is back u have to pay way more price then u pay now for the yard access since they will be not may yard few yards will lead to demand of yards and rise in demand will rise the price of the yards prices too
nikash1994
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   210 Seen

Postby Mickerrs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:14 pm

i think the old yard system shouldn't be bought back, i didnt like it then and i still dont agree now. my opinion is that we ourselves should be able to decide when to change or delete our yards and us in royals clan have spent alot of time to build yards (not just 1 but various). So why should our work be delete after x amount of time as it probably took us about the same time to make the yard..
-Reck
<<~#Original.Reckkk#~>> Never apologize for what you feel, its like saying sorry for being real..
Mickerrs
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   108 Seen

Postby Aegaeon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 pm

i think if this poll ends in a yes or no something should still be changed! right now rates in both yards and maps are bad (yards mainly bad for legends) why not bring back map rates? this shouldn't really effect anything in a negative way. as for yards many people don't want to do the work if they end up with the "30" day pokemon shelf life, while others don't care for that and want the rates back (like myself). So why not a happy medium?? maybe yards don't expire and have a slightly lower rate then they did when the yards expired, Not a huge rate difference but one to compensate for the infinite life of the yard. that being said maybe accounts that haven't logged in for a year (or whatever date) are inaccessible as well as banned accounts. or maybe we keep the expiring shelf life but make it a longer life? come on guys easier pokes means quicker to catch for yards, more people to help (possibly) and stagger when you put them in! but all in all i think some change needs to happen with pokemon rates. if things are more common it will stimulate new players interest, new players are going to be the future of PBA if they join the game, can't catch anything of value and struggle to buy things they won't play. there's a difference between challnge and just plain not worth doing. like i said before, when I'm in legendary yards, pure or mixed it usually takes me hours to find a special legend. now i've spent 1-3 hours for what? 1 pokemon added to my pokedex or 3 million dollars if i sold it. it just doesn't seem worth it currently. so i am simply asking for some change whether the poll ends with yes or no.
Current goals. Dark deoxys 1b exp. 75% done. Void deoxys 1b exp. 27.5% done. Normal rayquaza (mega) 1b exp. 100% done. Shiny deoxys max exp 50ish% done. Unique poke count. 3000. 26.6% done.
Aegaeon
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   42 Seen

You have encountered a wild shandera!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby ADpower » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Definitely NO :
I have +100 yards, i did without help, I could not keep. I made 3 full yards in one day, that means that those 3 disappear in one day.
There are two types of players, those who strive creating yards, and those living expecting others to build and pay for access. the disadvantage is for the first type (increasing access price is nothing compared the time to keep the yard in that system).

There are inactive yards that were paid for access in the past, and if they disappear, who refund the damage?

Is not necessary to update the encounter rate, the encounter rate is good if you know how to combine pokemon in yards. Some people who vote YES, it is because do not have any knowledge about it, and this is achieved experiencing in yards (creating / editing). perhaps they think that having a single yard of rare pokemon 100pgs is the solution to increase the encounter rate, that is wrong. A phrase that will help. ''Less is more'' ......I see no improvement in this update, only disadvantages.

Just remember this: for a stable/rich economy, first, people must be rich in knowledge.
If people get around easier, think less, if they think less are easier to dominate, then be poor..

The real reason for this change is that no good income for developers, it is a time of ''drought'' for the inactivity players, in my opinion is somewhat ''forced'' make players are active making their yards survive... I could call this system '' slave forever''

I think that developing another upgrade(safe) can attract more people and activity such as implementing the 6th gen (I do not think they would do, waiting for the appropriate time as vacations to exploit the maximum profit)... just be more resourceful. :)
ADpower
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   9 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:31 pm

imo i'd like old elemental map ratings back tho. maybe have contests with my friends to see who can find a special legy on a elemental map first. it'd be interesting. but anyways, AD you're not helping. saying you made 3+ yards per day is like one of the reasons this is even being considered to be added again.
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

PreviousNext

Return to General PBA