Are you ready for the next challenge? Gear up and explore Pokemon Infinity Online
PI logo
Try the new on-the-go game that is based on the wonderful world of MonsterRanch!

Click here to visit it

Fix Evolution Chains?

Anything else about PBA that doesn't fit above.

Fix Evolution Chains?

Postby theashman83 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:34 pm

This is a matter that has been debated in great depth between staff, between players and between staff and players.

Should ALL Pokemon Evolution Chains be 'Fixed'?
"For" = Fix them!
"Against" = Don't fix them!

Note: This is a poll just asking whether you would like the possibility of being able to obtain these Pokemon through evolution, as it should be. It's also advisable to read all the replies fully before making your own decision.

Rules of this thread:

Short and Sweet:

1 reply per person. Each reply counts as one vote. In the reply vote FOR or AGAINST (with an optional explanation). People who are undecided should not reply. Standard PBA Rules apply. You may change your vote before the deadline if you want to.

Longer and more in-depth:

1. One vote per person. This also extends to only one person voting per household/IP. This is to prevent any fraudulent votes that may otherwise be cast.
  2. To vote, make a SINGLE reply to this thread, in which you CLEARLY state that you are either FOR or AGAINST fixing all evolution chains. You can explain your reasoning, but bear in mind rule 3 when doing so.
  3. Respect the PBA Rules. This includes no flaming/trolling, be polite to other players regardless of which way they have voted. This extends to ingame and on IRC as well, no flaming anyone in the shoutbox etc.
  4. Although we realise some people may want to vote anonymously, we are NOT accepting PM votes. This is to provide transparency to the poll, and to make it obvious to anyone reading this thread what the result is/was.
  5. The deadline for this poll is 6th August 22:00 GMT+1. Or, exactly 2 weeks from when this thread went live. You can edit your posts if you change your mind after seeing the reasoning of others, or under other circumstances, but the status of your vote at the deadline is the one that is counted. We'll know if you've changed your vote after the deadline.

The following evolution chains are the ones that would be affected:

Image Slowpoke --> Image Slowbro
(not technically broken currently, but a bug is hindering it, so this fix should hopefully deal with that)
Image Slowpoke --> Image Slowking
Image Poliwhirl --> Image Politoed
Image Gligar --> Image Gliscor
Image Mantyke --> Image Mantine
Image Snorunt --> Image Froslass
Image Ralts --> Image Kirlia --> Image Gallade
Image Nosepass --> Image Probopass
Image Burmy --> Image Mothim
Image Combee --> Image Vespiquen
Image Sneasel --> Image Weavile
Image Yanma --> Image Yanmega
(not technically broken currently, but the item required is no longer obtainable)
Image Nincada --> Image Ninjask
(not technically broken currently, but for some reason does not show when trying to evolve Nincada)
Image Wurmple --> Image Cascoon --> Image Dustox
(3 options here; Wurmple can evolve into Cascoon, Cascoon and Silcoon can both be added to a map, or both of these can be put in place)

Deadline will be exactly 2 weeks from the time of posting (right down to the hour and minute)!

Let the voting commence ~

PBA Staff
IRC names: Nexus, Helix
I'm always here to help, drop me a pm if you want.
I own Free_Legy_Yard. Feel free to send a friend request!
~Global Moderator~

theashman83
Gym Leaders

Forum Pokedex:   580 Seen

Re: Fix Evolution Chains?

Postby Diekito19 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:58 pm

for
Diekito19
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   6 Seen

Postby CrDavidGM » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:59 pm

for
CrDavidGM
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   0 Seen

Postby Pokemondestroyer123 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:12 pm

for
Pokemondestroyer123
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   26 Seen

Postby ghetto » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:15 pm

for
ghetto
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   27 Seen

Postby KillHaterz » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:04 pm

(Against) this is super unfair just cuz people don't want to work hard or can't afford and just want things handed to them like nothing, is just sad u want a unob then work for it like i did like everyone who has one did don't be lazy thats all i have to say -.- no one said obtaining a unob would be easy trust me i know this and i wish i had a shiny gallade like some but I'm not gonna sit and expect it to be handed to me ill work hard to someday obtain one and can happily say i did instead of saying i couldn't have one so i sat there and voted it to be handed to me lame excuse thats my strong thought on this sorry. (not sorry)

(edit) First off i want to start of by explaining since (nexus) so kindly asked, i had at least over 300 originally owned golds but lets just put it at 200 ok now each donation = 10$ now simple math 10$ x 200 remember i had 300 if not more originally owned golds but 200 will do, so 10x200 what does that equal? (2000$) pure cash my friends that is 2000$ that i busted my behind for that i worked for day and night to put in donations for golds and as a beginner i told myself one day i would have a unob and complete a very difficult achievement which let me tell you id like to see any of you voting (for) donate 2000$ to save up for a unob yah didn't think so and all those golds i saved up i sold and saved billions to finally obtain my unobs so yah maybe i didn't spend countless hours looking for gliscor but i did something harder spent countless hours working for money that i used to donate and go towards unobs and i do not support glitches/hacking i support how hard i worked for my unobs. Also id like to point out how my entire 1112 days here i have never heard nor seen tommo, pp, sharks say or mention anything on unobs but as for nexus it is something I've seen him complain about for a very long time now so please if your gonna start a poll at least own up to being the head of the idea -.- just saying because a lot of people seem to already now you are but you @nexus I'm not taking a jab I'm simply defending what i worked hard for because your the one taking the jabs at my hard earned work.
Last edited by KillHaterz on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
KillHaterz
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   26 Seen

Postby glucht23 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:47 pm

Edited out for breaking the rules of this thread ~ Nexus.

p.s. I'm against in case you couldn't figure that out

edit: this was tried multiple times while sharks was managing the game and he said no. the answer should stay the same even tho management has changed
Image credit to ramit for the banner~
glucht23
Avid Forum Member

Forum Pokedex:   563 Seen

Postby Alduin » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:14 am

NO plz don't . that'd ruin the prices of SOO many Pokemon I'm definitely against this don't ruin PBA
Alduin
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   25 Seen

Postby thephoenixred » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:39 am

for
thephoenixred
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   33 Seen

Postby lShiniGaml » Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:27 am

For
lShiniGaml
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   2 Seen

Postby poojan30 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:49 am

for
poojan30
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   7 Seen

Postby jEriA26 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:52 am

for
jEriA26
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   4 Seen

Postby mustasherlock21 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:59 am

Against.
ImageImage
mustasherlock21
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   210 Seen

You have encountered a wild jarooda!
This encounter has been added to your Forum Brawler Pokedex.

Postby Azaurax » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:17 am

For
Azaurax
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   15 Seen

Postby osam02 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:54 am

Against.
osam02
Trainers

Forum Pokedex:   3 Seen